Pro Tip Ep. 1: How To Get A Free Upgraded Game W/O Trade Up From GameStop!

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by Manipulation, Dec 24, 2013 with 13 replies and 1,019 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manipulation

Manipulation Enthusiast

Ratings:
    NOTE: THIS ISNT LITERALLY A FREE GAME, THIS IS ANOTHER WAY TO UPGRADE FROM LAST GEN TO CURRENT GEN WITHOUT PAYING.

Hey, found this out a few weeks ago so i thought i would post it:

Video tutorial:

This has a 50/50 chance of working, try on different people if it doesnt work :smile:

Here is my channel if you want to see more pro tips,glitches,and tutorials:
    [Click here to view the link]

Hope you guys enjoyed this video :smile:

2. Xbox One Guru

Xbox One Guru Xbox Master Race

Ratings:
    I don't get how its gamestops money whoring tactic...It is an amazing deal...

3. OP
    Manipulation

Manipulation Enthusiast

Ratings:
    are you implying game stop arent huge moneywhores? Oh.. oh you bought this game for 60 bucks, and just opened it up and decided you didnt want it? Thats too bad *rubs nipples* This is the only place who will take that game back so you'll have to deal with 20 bucks *rubs nipples*(south park reference lol)

4. Xbox One Guru

Ratings:
    You opened a $60 game. You decide you want to upgrade which means you are going to sell the game back to them and they gave you $50 basically and all you had to pay was $10. I have gotten $40 or more for each new game I sold back to them that wasn't an upgrade. Also, let us do the math for the upgrade.

You pay 60
    You open game which depreciates value.
    Gamestop says if you give us that opened copy and $10 we can give you a whole unopened brand new game for a different system.
    They make $5 off the copy you gave them and $10 for the upgrade. They are making a $15 profit but don't forget they gave you a $60 game so if you do the math they lost money.
    $50 is pretty good considering they don't know what you did with the copy.

5. Inxlinx

Inxlinx Contributor

Ratings:
    According to the video you're basically stealing a game from Wal-Mart by claiming you don't want the 360 version but want the Xbox One version after opening AND playing the 360 version.

6. OP
    Manipulation

Manipulation Enthusiast

Ratings:
    As long as the game works and is extremely clean it does not matter, if i have everything they will do it but you have to find a nice employee.

7. snoopdog69

snoopdog69 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I dont blame him for doing this but it is fraud

8. Poptarts

Poptarts Free Hoster

Ratings:
    i got ghosts at the midnight release then took it back later that day and i only got $21

9. Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus Drunk MOTY 2011-14

Ratings:
    You traded it in? Dude you should of just returned it. They do 7-day returns at EB games here, doesn't matter what the reason is you'll get either store credit or a refund in full. Even if you just don't like it.

10. Poptarts

Poptarts Free Hoster

Ratings:
    we dont have an eb games here

11. Xbox One Guru

Ratings:
    Where the heck did you go...? It is $30 within 30 days but with ghosts case they gave $40 so many times. I have seen that deal a lot. Plus, you don't have to accept the price they give you. You could go on craigslist. But even then the trade back sales on Ghosts were amazing :biggrin:

12. Poptarts

Poptarts Free Hoster

Ratings:
    gamestop

13. Xbox One Guru

Ratings:
    Really? Huh, that makes no sense then :/

14. Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus Drunk MOTY 2011-14

Ratings:
    gamestop, it's the same place.