Prevent JTAG From Being Banned?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by BobMcDonald, Feb 3, 2010 with 11 replies and 4,398 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobMcDonald

BobMcDonald Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey everyone, I've been researching methods to prevent a Xenon JTAG'ed console from being banned from Xbox Live and have a question. I am going to try this but before I do I'd like some clarification; if you were to take the Certificates section from a Non-Banned Key Vault, the certificates are what allows the console to sign Xbox Live data, and switch it with that of a banned console, would the console become unbanned and unbannable? My reasoning behind this is, the certificates are what (I believe) become null when the console gets banned, thereby disallowing any data to get correctly signed and not allowing it to connect to Xbox Live. By switching the Certificates, you are telling the banned console it is allowed online, and preventing it from being banned because the console serial number triggers the certificates of that serial number to become null, not the certificates that you are using. I'm not sure if this would work, and am looking for answers that explain how and why this reasoning is valid/invalid. I appreciate any comments, Thanks!

2. RobsterNasher

RobsterNasher Getting There

Ratings:
    at first i was like :smile: then i was like :S

3. Cheez

Cheez I Got The Wizard Stick Retired

Ratings:
    I really don't understand a word you are saying...

But if you are talking about taking a KV from a unbanned console and putting it on a banned console, this has been known since day one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. iiROCK YOUR SIS

iiROCK YOUR SIS Enthusiast

Ratings:

That information is false.

5. OP
    BobMcDonald

BobMcDonald Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Not the answer I was looking for :smile: Every Key Vault contains a spot that has the keys for the Xbox Live Certificates, if you change them out from an unbanned console to a banned one, will the banned console become unbanned? Not the entire KeyVault, just the Certificate section. I'm sorry if I confused anyone. Thanks!

But why, that is the answer I'm looking for.

6. I EAT BABIES

I EAT BABIES Do you own a Johnny West?

Ratings:
    No one can say it will not work till it has been tried.

7. Cheez

Cheez I Got The Wizard Stick Retired

Ratings:
    I am pretty sure that you would have to have the full KV.

This might be wrong, because I have never dealt with KV's and that jazz before...

But it seems like everything would have to match. Like, just taking the Certification Section of the KV and injecting it into another KV, if that makes any since. An analogy/example would be... You take the XeX from MW2 and insert it into a Halo 3 ISO. Sure, it is a XeX file but it does not match the game.

8. OP
    BobMcDonald

BobMcDonald Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Good analogy, maybe I'm hoping for too much. Thanks for the responses guys.

9. A E I 0wnz U

A E I 0wnz U Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Im pretty sure certificates are signed to the serial or kv. Unless you could somehow spoof the kv the certificates wouldn't either load or work and you wouldn't be able to connect to live

10. decima7e

decima7e Contributor

Ratings:
    It wont work, sorry. These aren't for live anyways. It is bad enough that people can go on live with them for even a few hours, lets not make this worse than it already is. Do I need to remind you what H2 was like?

If you really want to keep your JTAG unbanned then edit the hacked kernel so M$ can't detect it like jester did. I hope you are confident with PPC

11. IOw n U

IOw n U Enthusiast

Ratings:
    pretty sure this don't work:frown:

12. Cridentials

Cridentials Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So Thats What Jester did... :wink: