What's new

Discussion Prestiging In Zombies (Is it Worth it?)

• Thread starter Zerk II
  • Start date
  • Views 6,656

Is it worth prestiging in zombies?

• Total voters
Zerk II

Zerk II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just wanted everyone's opinion on this. I think it's a bit different than prestiging in multiplayer and also depends on how much you play zombies. I can go for several mid length games (10-20 rounds) and/or one really long game (20+ rounds, everything unlocked) per day before I had enough and don't want to invest that much time in it. The reason I say it's different than prestiging in mp is mainly the gobblegum unlocks. You can still get guns out of the mystery box or off the wall, while they may not have all the attachments you want, they will still function. I use the Anywhere But Here and Alchemical Antithesis gobblegum, which needs to be unlocked at rank 10 & 35 respectively and I don't know if i feel like going through all that to get them unlocked again.

Banned

Banned

But am I ?????
Mr. Nice Guy Mythical Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I just wanted everyone's opinion on this. I think it's a bit different than prestiging in multiplayer and also depends on how much you play zombies. I can go for several mid length games (10-20 rounds) and/or one really long game (20+ rounds, everything unlocked) per day before I had enough and don't want to invest that much time in it. The reason I say it's different than prestiging in mp is mainly the gobblegum unlocks. You can still get guns out of the mystery box or off the wall, while they may not have all the attachments you want, they will still function. I use the Anywhere But Here and Alchemical Antithesis gobblegum, which needs to be unlocked at rank 10 & 35 respectively and I don't know if i feel like going through all that to get them unlocked again.
Sounds like you answered your question. Prestiging in zombies is a huge grind for most but if you can manage high rounds it's not that bad. As you said the guns still function and attachments are basically adders.

Now in my case I am master prestige and only the last couple prestiges felt like a grind. With that being said one 60+ round game on 2xp and I can clear through 15 or so levels easily. My average games are 30+ levels and my highs are usually 60+.

In your case if mid rounds are 10-20 and high rounds are 20+ I would suggest not prestiging. It will take much longer to rank up and your more likely going to get burned out and stop having fun. There is no real benefit to prestiging other than an emblem. It's all about what matters to you.

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm on board with Banned Banned . Zombies is much different than Multiplayer in terms of worth when prestiging. Online goes slightly faster (in my opinion), but both have a fair amount of reasons to not prestige, the main one being if you want to or not. If you feel like it's a grind and you don't like it, there's no point to prestige since zombies is basically only for show off value. If you enjoy just playing the game and leveling is a bonus and you don't mind the grind, by all means do it :smile: If you flip a coin and end up feeling sad/regretful about the outcome, there's your answer.

Zerk II

Zerk II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea it's a tough call for me, especially with double xp coming up this weekend. Im a 35 in zombies and I'm a prestige 9 in mp, I already have dark matter so I feel like this would be the last thing for me to complete, well that and hero gear which I'm close to completion as well.

Doctor Richtofen

Doctor Richtofen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Zombies is a grind, but to me it's worth it.

I'm 8th Prestige Level 13 so I'm aiming to get Master Prestige as my games are normally 40 Rounds or higher and you can rank up a lot.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just like on multiplayer, it proves nothing besides how much you play pretty much. Worth it if you want a fancy icon, that's it really.

Mordecai

Mordecai

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Moon Moonヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
10th Anniversary Legendary Veteran Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Imo it isn't worth prestiging because you get absolutely nothing of value (other then a calling card for first prestige and master prestige) but there's also no real point in not prestiging as There's nothing that's heavily gamechanging that you unlock through leveling up, sure the attachments are nice but they are in no way necessary, I mean we've had 3 other call of duties without that feature. If you're playing you mind as well be getting xp for it.

Zerk II

Zerk II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is still a tough call for me, I'd also like to get the dark ops achievement for gettting to level 35, which I've done and have not received it. Do I have to prestige in order to get it? As of now the poll stands at:
Edit

1. Yes
    7 vote(s)
    46.7%

2. No
    8 vote(s)
    53.3%

ANGRYNOODLES

ANGRYNOODLES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is still a tough call for me, I'd also like to get the dark ops achievement for gettting to level 35, which I've done and have not received it. Do I have to prestige in order to get it? As of now the poll stands at:
Edit

1. Yes
    7 vote(s)
    46.7%

2. No
    8 vote(s)
    53.3%
You get a calling card for prestiging the first time. If you want you can just prestige once to get the calling card and challenge, and not prestige from there. On the bright side you get a cool little emblem.

DoX Hoster

DoX Hoster

Wisdom is Knowledge Knowledge is Power
Programmer 10th Anniversary Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
i would say well worth it im prestige master level 64 right now but there is 1000 levels and every 100 levels you get 4 new prestige icons you can choose to set. and once hitting master prestige you can pick any previous prestige icon to have set why still keeping your rank.

Josh Keatley

Josh Keatley

Youtube Me
Reaction score
Sin$
Imo it isn't worth prestiging because you get absolutely nothing of value (other then a calling card for first prestige and master prestige) but there's also no real point in not prestiging as There's nothing that's heavily gamechanging that you unlock through leveling up, sure the attachments are nice but they are in no way necessary, I mean we've had 3 other call of duties without that feature. If you're playing you mind as well be getting xp for it.

They now made it where you can level up your starting pistol at max prestige. It doesn't do anything, but I think in future dlc they will start rewarding people that are max prestige.

If you don't play much and your trying to beat your personal best I wouldn't prestige. You want the best gun attachments to help you out.

I am on board with there should be more rewards in zombies. 7th prestige on xbox one 2nd prestige on ps4. On ps4 I don't even feel like prestiging because I want the best guns with the best attachments to get me to high rounds and go for world records!

But Prestiging gives you something to look forward too. Something to grind for to keep the game interesting. After you prestige a couple times you get to unlock your favorite guns and gobblegums, so nothing else really matters in the game. Eventually I will prestige on ps4.

Zerk II

Zerk II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, looks like I'll most likely have to do it at least once, I picked kind of a bad time to do it with the release of Awakening on XBO yesterday.

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I done it once and probably won't do it again it's too much of a grind.

African Basil

African Basil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah it's worth it. Just use your unlock tokens on the high level weapons that you like to use. The others will unlock really quickly and by like prestige 4-5, you don't even really feel the effects of prestiging.

Big Foot

Big Foot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It only takes 5-6 games to prestige on non double xp so i dont see why not, best guns are ones off the wall so just perma unlock them too keep attachments and keep going

African Basil

African Basil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It only takes 5-6 games to prestige on non double xp so i dont see why not, best guns are ones off the wall so just perma unlock them too keep attachments and keep going

Agreed. KN and VMP/Kuda/Vesper is all you need to go really high on The Giant.

Zerk II

Zerk II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The Giant is a boring map IMO so I rarely play it. I don't like prestiging in zombies since I don't want to have to re unlock all the weapons/gobblegum. I like having all of the weapons skinned with dark matter. Also, some of the weapon attachments are really beneficial, such as fast mags/rapid fire (depending on the weapon) which can prevent me from having to buy perks such as speed cola or double tab.

DEVILS_GAMER

DEVILS_GAMER

Zombie slayer
Reaction score
Sin$
I use the Anywhere But Here and Alchemical Antithesis gobblegum, which needs to be unlocked at rank 10 & 35 respectively and I don't know if i feel like going through all that to get them unlocked again.
Use your permanent unlock for alchemical antithesis and it won't take that much work to reach rank 10 for anywhere but here. Problem solved

Top Bottom
Login
Register