prestige bans?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' started by Morphintoskittl, Feb 4, 2010 with 23 replies and 896 views.

1. Morphintoskittl

Morphintoskittl Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok so i have heard even if you were in a tenth prestige lobby and got ranked up once you will be console banned? I dont think this is true and that you will only be console banned if you were a owner of a jtagged console what is your guys's feelings on this?

2. PrfctionIsFlawd

PrfctionIsFlawd Getting There

Ratings:
    You are more likely to get banned for having the J-tagged console or for being 10th prestige with 1 day played.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Welthas

Welthas Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The Pro has gone on the ban hammer rampage.

4. OP
    Morphintoskittl

Morphintoskittl Enthusiast

Ratings:
    LOL

5. dmastachief

dmastachief Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ive got 7th lvl34 and 5days i gto 7th from a xp lobby and i afraid to go on live now cause i might get banned

6. bootyslayer

bootyslayer Banned

Ratings:
    I was banned for 2 weeks for being a 10th.:cursing:

7. G187

G187 Newbie

Ratings:
    Suspended you mean?

8. isell08

isell08 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    how do you know its only 2 weeks? i cant turn on my xbox right now cuz im not home, and im afraid to do so.. lol

9. Amy

Amy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Never be afraid of something that may not happen :? did i make any sence <_< or is it sense i forget.

10. Alexi

Alexi Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You gotta go out of your way to tell T3h Pr0 you modded to get permanent banned. At the most, a 2 week suspension for boosting.

11. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Young Moolah Baby Retired

Ratings:
    If you were apart of the modded lobby and got the 10th prestige thing, you'll receive a suspension from LIVE. Not sure of the length, but it'll be enforced.

As for a console ban.. If your console is modded and you're playing online, it may not happen today, but eventually, they'll catch you.

12. Soul Syrtic

Soul Syrtic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    so since im a 10th prestige, will I get banned as soon as I got online or would the pro have to find me first?

13. Recovery

Recovery Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No.

I'm 10th with 15 days played and 58,000 kills, you're going to tell me the thousands of people who are tenth from modded lobbies are going to get suspended? How can they even tell? I mean, a few of my friends got into them, but they all have 40k+ kills. I could see if you were a 10th with 6,000 kills, but don't get people afraid for no reason.

People riot shield boost as well, so you tell me how they can look at your account and see if you got into a 10th lobby, lots of factors come into play. You have to be dumb and mention it to a higher up like most people have.

• Like Like x 1
  14. xHMBioHazarDx

xHMBioHazarDx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i have over 12 days, with over 20k kills. i mainly play HC search and boost.

on a side note i made my GT "The Pro" with ezgt and scared alot of people LOL

15. + Drake +

+ Drake + Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah i have over 25K kills with 12 days played. Most play Search as well. I wouldnt get worried unless it just looks ridiculous like 10th with less than 4 days or less than 10K kills.

• Like Like x 1
  16. xHMBioHazarDx

xHMBioHazarDx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yeah same thing i was thinking, the would have to have some kind of proof, im sure once u find the duche, he wont just ban you, there must be something that happens, and by all means talk massive amounts of ****. it will increase or give him a reason to ban you. i already avoided him.

17. + Drake +

+ Drake + Enthusiast

Ratings:
    LOL same.

18. jus10ls

jus10ls Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You were only banned for 2 weeks?

Pretty light considering you told The Pro that you got in a modded lobby on the Xbox forums.

19. Soul Syrtic

Soul Syrtic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What I'm pretty much getting out of all this now is you have to be extremely unlucky to run into "The Pro", or else nothing really is going to happen...I have over 10K kills and about 6 days played now so I think im safe no matter what...(watch this come back to haunt me)

I wonder though...If you mod your profile in modio to where you cannot get reported, would it also protect against "The Pro"?

20. Alexi

Alexi Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Modding your gamertag like that could work in theory, but if you still get found. T3h 1337 PR0 can get you still IF you find him. Hell, even if he was twenty-five hours a day eight days a week, he'd have to find you, pull up your gamertag's stats and even then! He has to confirm you did hack. If he suspends without asking first, he's abusing his power.