Romhack of: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (3DS)
Made by Dio_Vento (ProjectPokemon)
Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire are romhacks of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that you level up very quickly. You should be hitting Level 100 by the time you get to the Elite Four.
- Harsher Level Curve: Balanced to the EXP Share
- New Trainer teams, many featuring six Pokémon! Even the rematches have been edited!
- All enemy Pokémon have max IVs!
- All Gym Leaders have six Pokémon!
- Trainers throughout the game have access to Mega Evolution!
- Alternate Battle Types are more common in the world!
- Post-game Foreign Pokémon are avalible from the beginning of the game!
- Rarity within areas adjusted
- Hordes optimized for painless and early EV training!
- Lots more Wild Hold Items!
- Everything caught in these hacks is 100 % legit for trade!
- Less useless junk in Poké Marts!
- Sarcred Asah available in addition to Revive. Revives costs much more, to discourage their use in battle (Sacred Ash is unusable during battle).
- Competitive consumables are available in standard Poké Marts!
- Slateport Market is now the go-to place to purchase competitive items like Leftlovers and Life Orbs.
- Trade Evolutions now have alternate methods. You can still evolve them through normal trade methods.
- Eggs now hatch incredibly quickly. Every species now has a 1-cycle hatch rate. Note that Event eggs (Lavaridge Town) glitch out thanks to this, and wrap around to taking a very long time.
- Level 3 of the Hatching, Experience Gain, Friendship, and Mony Gain O-Powers now last much longer
- Brendan and May have new outfits/designs.
- Banners, Icons, and the Title Screens have been edited.
- You need a Gateway 3DS Flashcard and a 3DS or new3DS on 9.2 or lower firmware to play this hack. Sky3DS will NOT work! You can't inject this with the web browser and you can't use PKHeX to apply this to your game!
- The first three people to beat the second run of the Elite Four in each game will have their teams immortalized in the trainers on the S.S. Aqua. They will also get a custom name and pre/post-battle dialouge.
- This ROM hack is capable of trading locally, but it can't go online.
- Don't update the game when it prompts you to. If you update, you'll lose all features.
- Text has been edited for the English language only. Traiver (I) will continue the translation in german language. If you wishing this ROM in other languages, feel free to ask me.
- This is NOT designed for Nuzlocke play. Boss battles play out almost like competitive matches, with them often revenge killing you, setting up, or pulling out surprise moves. It's very rare for all six of your team to make it through any Gym battle, and some of the Ace Trainers are equally difficult. Additionally, since wild Pokémon aren't leveled up, if you were to release one of your Level 40 Pokémon that you'd have ar around the third Gym you'd have a hell of a time replacing it.
1. Uninstall any OR/AS updates you have installed on your 3DS.
2. Click the banner at the top of this thread or the font at the top to download the .zip file for the hack you want to play.
3. Obtain a .3ds ROM of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. Don't use any Online Patched .3dz ROMs.
4. Decrypt and unpack your ROM.
5. Drag the files in the "Distribution" folder you downloaded into the folder where your unpacked ROM is. Let it overwrite everything.
6. Follow the instructions in the ROM decryption guide to rebuild romfs.bin.
7. Run the "Rutile Ruby Patcher.bat" or "Star Sapphire Patcher.bat" file. A blank command prompt window will pop up and stay blank for a while. Be patient. Eventually, text will pop up saying "Press any key". Press a key and the command prompt windows will close.
8. Copy your newly patched ROM (RutileRuby.3ds or StarSapphire.3ds) to your flashcard.
9. Load your ROM with your Gateway Flashcard on your 3DS or new3DS with firmware lower than or equal to version 9.2.
10. Don't update the game when prompted.
- Dio_Vento: creating the hack (english version only)
- Kaphotics: for creating the stellar PK3DS.
- SciresM: For making everything possible and coding the tools that form the base of PK3DS.
- Asia81: For the excellent tutorial on decrypting, unpacking and repacking 3DS ROMs.
- Reisyukaku: For Ohana3DS, which allowed to edit the title screen and costumes for Brendan and May.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTAgq55hJIEwANOGePmy4J4hB64_uWT8o (Nuzlocke Challenge)
- v1.0: Initial Release
- Changed "rom" folder name to "romfs" to match the Decryption Tutorial Pack. You don't need to re-download the distibution pack, just rename the "rom" folder to "romfs" before copying it into "PackHack"
v1.1: Current version
- Fixed Item-based Evolutions for Clamperl, Electabuzz, Graveler, Kadabra, Karrablast, Machoke, Magmar, Onix, Poliwhirl, Rhydon, Scyther, Seadra, Shelmet, Slowpoke, Spritzee, and Swirlix.
- Fixed missing symbols on Name Entry screen.