What's new

Discussion Power Graphics card FAN externally?

• Thread starter LikeSenpai
  • Start date
  • Views 392
LikeSenpai

Jean-Luc

Enthusiast
Contest Sponsor Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Just got my self a sapphire 6570 2gb to upgrade my 5450 1gb, and the fan, sucks. unless I spin it by HAND it wont do a thing and die pretty much.

I just wanted to know if it is the Card being faulty or my PC being a c**t. If it is my PC being a c**t Is there a way of externally powering the fan or adding another to cool it also?

My plan was: leave case open, place office fan next to it.

Thought ill ask here as there seems to be cleaver people, and those who are more useful than me.

Thanks for your help.

Generation

Generation

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This could be your PSU not giving enough wattage to the video card, or it being faulty. Either or, really. If you have a second PSU that you can test it with, do that.

No, you can't just magically add another fan to the PCB....

I'll leave some tips to try to troubleshoot it:

Have you connected the required PCIE power connectors?

Have you damaged the video card 16 x PCI lane on the motherboard?

Did you ground yourself before touching ANY PC components?

The tips above are very common and can / will leave damage now, if not in the long run.

LikeSenpai

Jean-Luc

Enthusiast
Contest Sponsor Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The card turned out fine, as in I didn't break it lol, it says it wants a minimum of 400watts I put it in my old 160w and my dads 600w wouldn't work.

Where as my old 8500GT fan powered fine in the 160w, I'm returning it.

Do you have any suggestions for a new one, I have a m9070.uk and £100 (I'm poor) http://h10025.www1.h...product=3632159

OR what PSU can I get?

UBA Fatman UBA

UBA Fatman UBA

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
160w is barely anything.... Is your computer running windows 95? :biggrin:
Sorry couldn't help myself with that:biggrin:
Trying buying yourself a new psu. I recommend the corsair builders series(30$ for mine, runs like a dream)

run632

run187-

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Why is there a 160 watt psu in something that came with a 300.Please bin the 160 it is useless I would not use
That to power a xbox drive .http://www.ebuyer.co...power-psu-bn106 46.98 .buy a good psu as well not
Ez cool or some other trash brand (I had one set on fire cost me £1000 gbp in pc parts) ..

160w is barely anything.... Is your computer running windows 95? :biggrin:
Sorry couldn't help myself with that:biggrin:
Trying buying yourself a new psu. I recommend the corsair builders series(30$ for mine, runs like a dream)
Iv not used a 160watt since windows 3.1 .pretty much every corsair is good quality .they have good parts
In them (ill keep it simple lol) there also made by a good company..

Top Bottom
Login
Register