Support Potential to Jailbreak the Switch?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch' started by TheDivineZombie, Mar 2, 2017 with 10 replies and 4,425 views.

1. TheDivineZombie

TheDivineZombie ▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

Ratings:
    With the hardware specs and limited video footage that has been shown so far, what use could a jailbroken Switch bring to the table? I'm sure there will be hacks for games but nothing major until a Pokemon game is released for it (if they even have Pokemon games similar to the 3DS)?

I'm sure it will take a while before anyone figures out how to crack the OS on it, but until then what are your presumptions of the potential uses for a jailbroken Switch?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. Red

Red Newbie VIP Retired

Ratings:
    The release of the switch is tonight/tomorrow..not a month away

There is no way to tell what can or can't be done with the system until it's in our hands and we can start tearing it apart

• Like Like x 1
  3. Legend

Legend I'm Legen.... Wait for it... DARY ツ Premium

Ratings:
    I feel like it is WAY to early to be mentioning any type of mods for the Switch. I'm sure it will eventually happen, and will be used for the same things as everything else :tongue: Also, where did you get a month away? It comes out tomorrow :tongue:

4. OP
    TheDivineZombie

TheDivineZombie ▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

Ratings:
    Correct, I had already starting writing to get my ideas out, then went to research it but somehow the thread was created before I was even finished writing it.

I'm aware of the unclear potential until the physical product is in the hands of the consumers, yet I am not familiar with the potential of the jailbroken 3DS.

As mentioned above, I made a typo due to my thread being created prematurely.

I brought up the topic of modding because I don't currently have any current gen modded/jailbroken consoles and was unsure how viable a jailbroken Switch would actually be. I guess only time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  5. The Awesome Guy

The Awesome Guy A Really Cool Guy

Ratings:
    If it works anything like the previous DS firmware/systems, then I say chances are high.

However, that is probably now the case. Nintendo has come a long way with piracy prevention, the switch will most likely have some strong protection with it.

6. VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw Premium Premium

Ratings:
    I wouldn't say Nintendo has come a long way. They have yet to produce a system that hasn't been cracked relatively easy.

7. Legend

Ratings:
    Maybe this is the console they have come a long way. For all we know, we wont see anything for 3-4 years. Or... (My prediction) we will see some time of mods pretty quick :tongue:

8. The Awesome Guy

Ratings:
    I dunno, I just have the feeling that they would know better using the game cards once again for the switch. Since they did, they must be confident this time around.

9. Legend

Ratings:
    For all we know that could make it easier to pirate. Like the cards where you could play games off a microsd card. I forget what they are called.

10. The Awesome Guy

Ratings:
    That's what I mean though. It was super easy on the DS/3DS and they are doing it again with a console. They must have smartened up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GOTTA BLAST

GOTTA BLAST wii u enthusiast

Ratings:
    I personally think two things, one being that the switch won't be cracked for years (back to developing on the wii u for me), and that the possibility of a hardmod for the switch is high