What's new

Possible Tunables Bypass

Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have no idea if this will work but since I have no live and I dont have GTAV on PS3 I thought I would throw it out there. This bypass will be easiest done on PS3 and setup on a linux machine.

Quick Overview
  1. Install Squid(PROXY Server)
  2. Setup URL Rewrite
  3. Setup Squid To Transparent Mode
  4. Make Tunables Appear Legit
  5. Connect System To Squid
Step One: Installing Squid
I have Ubuntu(lubuntu, to be specific) so to install squid all I had to do was run this line in the Terminal.​
Code:
sudo apt-get install squid3
This may very depending on your flavor on linux but the program your looking for is squid3

Step Two: URL Rewrite
Now you will have to mess around with your squid.conf file so you will want to back it up before making any changes or else have to completely reinstall squid if you mess up(I had to do that).​
Assuming you have gedit(I like GUI text editors) run:​
Code:
sudo gedit /etc/squid3/squid.conf &
NOTE: Keep the '&' sign in there so it runs it in the background and you can still use your Terminal.​
After you have ran that the config file should load up in gedit. There are a few lines you will want to change/add.​
First, find a line like this:​
Code:
#acl localnet src 192.168.0.0/16
(Might not have the '#' sign)​
All this does is define your local IP range(EX: 192.168.0.2-100 is mine)
Assuming your internal IPs look like that uncomment it if it isn't already. There are above and below so if those are you uncomment the one that applies or change one to fit your internal IP range.​
Now check for this:​
Code:
http_access allow localnet
If you were to connect to your proxy before uncommenting this EVERYTHING would be blocked this allows your local IPs access to HTTP(Unblocks)
If you find this on its own line uncommented you are good to move on otherwise put it on its own line uncommented. I don't remember how I found it.​
Second we will be adding a few lines of code. These will be for the URL Rewrite.​
Add these:​
Code:
url_rewrite_program /etc/squid3/rewrite.pl
url_rewrite_children 5

Above this:​

Code:
#  TAG: url_rewrite_children
The first line(url_rewrite_program) defines what script will check if the URL needs rewritten and the second line defines how many simultaneous rewrite scripts can run.
Now we need to create the URL Rewrite file.​
Do:​
Code:
sudo gedit /etc/squid3/rewrite.pl
And paste this code in there:​
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use warnings;
use strict;
$|=1;
while (<>) {
my @inputs=split / /;
chomp($inputs[0]);
if ($inputs[0] =~ q|http://prod\.ros\.rockstargames\.com/cloud/11/cloudservices/titles/gta5/xbox360/tunables\.json|) {
print 'http://www.codersvault.cu.cc/GTAV/tunables.json'."\n";
} else {
print "\n";
}
]}
Replace the tunables R* url with whatever you need and the CodersVault with your modded tunables URL and save and close gedit.​
Now run this:​
Code:
sudo chmod +x /etc/squid3/rewrite.pl
This makes the rewrite script be runnable as an executable.
Step Three: Make Squid Transparent
In Squid.conf find:​
Code:
http_port 3128
And change it to:​
Code:
http_port 3128 transparent
After that save the config file and close it.​
Now we need to add a line to iptables.​
Code:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i NETWORKINTERFACE -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to SQUIDIP:3128
Replace NETWORKINTERFACE with the network interface you have your XBOX/PS3 connected to. Mine is eth0 because my xbox is plugged into the ethernet port and im getting internet from wlan0(my wifi card).​
Replace SQUIDIP with the local ip of the PC running the squid server.​
Now you will want to save the iptables config.​
For me I did​
Code:
sudo iptables-save > /etc/iptables/rules.v4
Because that is where my IPv4 iptables config file was but for others it may be different so you may want to google before you go messing something up!​
Now the proxy should work on your XBOX/PS3 without setting any proxy settings on the individual devices.​
All thats left is to get the scs-ticket headers n stuff so the modded tunables looks legit to the game.​
Step 4: Make Tunables appear legit
Working on it right now.​
Step 5: Connect System To Proxy(Obsolete)
Restart the server:​
Code:
sudo service squid3 restart
Go into your web browser proxy settings and type in the local PC IP(My linux machine is 192.168.0.7) as proxy server and the port should be 3128. Save.​
Go to R* tunables URL and Profit?​
I do not know if this actually works because I can't connect my XBOX to a proxy, although, you can connect PS3s to proxies so if you have a PS3 is should be easy to test. You can setup PS3 proxy settings like on your web browser.
NOTE: This method isn't finished and I may scrap it and use charles on my linux machine and post a tut for that!​

Last edited:
E

ECB2

lkn
Reaction score
Sin$
I have no idea if this will work but since I have no live and I dont have GTAV on PS3 I thought I would throw it out there. This bypass will be easiest done on PS3 and setup on a linux machine.

Quick Overview
  1. Install Squid(PROXY Server)
  2. Setup URL Rewrite
  3. Connect System To Squid
Step One: Installing Squid

I have Ubuntu(lubuntu, to be specific) so to install squid all I had to do was run this line in the Terminal.​
Code:
sudo apt-get install squid3
This may very depending on your flavor on linux but the program your looking for is squid3​

Step Two: URL Rewrite
Now you will have to mess around with your squid.conf file so you will want to back it up before making any changes or else have to completely reinstall squid if you mess up(I had to do that).​
Assuming you have gedit(I like GUI text editors) run:​
Code:
sudo gedit /etc/squid3/squid.conf &
NOTE: Keep the '&' sign in there so it runs it in the background and you can still use your Terminal.​
After you have ran that the config file should load up in gedit. There are a few lines you will want to change/add.​
First, find a line like this:​
Code:
#acl localnet src 192.168.0.0/16
(Might not have the '#' sign)​
All this does is define your local IP range(EX: 192.168.0.2-100 is mine)​
Assuming your internal IPs look like that uncomment it if it isn't already. There are above and below so if those are you uncomment the one that applies or change one to fit your internal IP range.​
Now check for this:​
Code:
http_access allow localnet
If you were to connect to your proxy before uncommenting this EVERYTHING would be blocked this allows your local IPs access to HTTP(Unblocks)​
If you find this on its own line uncommented you are good to move on otherwise put it on its own line uncommented. I don't remember how I found it.​
Second we will be adding a few lines of code. These will be for the URL Rewrite.​
Add these:​
Code:
url_rewrite_program /etc/squid3/rewrite.pl[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][INDENT=1]url_rewrite_children 5

Above this:​

Code:
#  TAG: url_rewrite_children
The first line(url_rewrite_program) defines what script will check if the URL needs rewritten and the second line defines how many simultaneous rewrite scripts can run.​
Now we need to create the URL Rewrite file.​
Do:​
Code:
sudo gedit /etc/squid3/rewrite.pl
And paste this code in there:​
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][INDENT=1] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][INDENT=1]use warnings;[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][INDENT=1]use strict;[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][INDENT=1]$|=1;[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][INDENT=1]while (<>) {[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][INDENT=1]my @inputs=split / /;[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][INDENT=1]chomp($inputs[0]);[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][INDENT=1]if ($inputs[0] =~ q|http://prod\.ros\.rockstargames\.com/cloud/11/cloudservices/titles/gta5/xbox360/tunables\.json|) {[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][INDENT=1]print 'http://www.codersvault.cu.cc/GTAV/tunables.json'."\n";[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][INDENT=1]} else {[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][INDENT=1]print "\n";[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][INDENT=1]}[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][INDENT=1]}
Replace the tunables R* url with whatever you need and the CodersVault with your modded tunables URL and save and close gedit.​
Now run this:​
Code:
sudo chmod +x /etc/squid3/rewrite.pl
This makes the rewrite script be runnable as an executable.​
After that save the config and restart the server:​
Code:
sudo service squid3 restart
Go into your web browser proxy settings and type in the local PC IP(My linux machine is 192.168.0.7) as proxy server and the port should be 3128. Save.​
Go to R* tunables URL and Profit?​
I do not know if this actually works because I can't connect my XBOX to a proxy, although, you can connect PS3s to proxies so if you have a PS3 is should be easy to test. You can setup PS3 proxy settings like on your web browser.​

Could work. Using proxys is pretty stupid though

Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Could work. Using proxys is pretty stupid though
Yeah, after trying to hook my XBOX up to a proxy(and failing) I realized how stupid it is... but it gets the job done if you can connect(if it works).

K

Kiint

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
One purpose of the tunables fix by Rockstar is to track those who are accessing tunables or not when loading games. So even if you do successfully bypass tunables, your raising a red flag in Rockstar by accessing your save without accessing the tunables (the auth is there for tracking just as much as security).

G

Gkjy675

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
One purpose of the tunables fix by Rockstar is to track those who are accessing tunables or not when loading games. So even if you do successfully bypass tunables, your raising a red flag in Rockstar by accessing your save without accessing the tunables (the auth is there for tracking just as much as security).

i am going to try to get banned

Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does the game check the rockstar servers EVERYTIME for the tunables file even if you have the latest unmodded one?

Droxsico

Droxsico

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you can connect to xbox with proxy
connect your pc to a proxy server. then connect your xbox to your laptop through ethernet and put on sharing for the wifi. make sure you are connected through wifi by your laptop to the internet.

GtaIvLord

GtaIvLord

**GTA IV MENU MAKER**
Reaction score
Sin$
i wonder if deleting the update and then port forward if it works for single player and possible if u redownload the update it may work online not sure just a theory

iITz Bandz

iITz Bandz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Haven't tried this method yet but i think im gonna just wait a day or two because you never know there might be a easier way to do this!

I

italo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I almost got it to work in os x. The first one was via os x server, but with the new update they removed reverse proxys and url rewrite so that was a fail. Then i installed charles proxy and works perfect and easy, the problem is that when i share connection by any mean the proxy wont check that connection.

Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I almost got it to work in os x. The first one was via os x server, but with the new update they removed reverse proxys and url rewrite so that was a fail. Then i installed charles proxy and works perfect and easy, the problem is that when i share connection by any mean the proxy wont check that connection.
when you share connection the shared connection(XBOX) skips the proxy, thats why i said its easiest done on PS3 cause on PS3 you can go into internet settings and connect it to a proxy

I

italo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
when you share connection the shared connection(XBOX) skips the proxy, thats why i said its easiest done on PS3 cause on PS3 you can go into internet settings and connect it to a proxy

Yea I know. I saw a tutorial on how to share wifi with proxy itself but wouldnt work for me. It works for mac and ubuntu but you would have to change some commands. You think you could test it?

Top Bottom
Login
Register