What's new

Discussion Possible kodi retro games update?

• Thread starter Haxxoreseo
  • Start date
  • Views 1,674
Cooldude

Cooldude

Just Bein' A Cooldude
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft will probably take it
down if that happens.

H

Haxxoreseo

Reaction score
Sin$
Hopefully if it does get removed they will do what they did with the n64emu so if you downloaded it you can keep it

I managed to install some emulators and stuff but not play, got retro arch installed but doesn't work, only app that works is advanced emulator launcher

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hopefully if it does get removed they will do what they did with the n64emu so if you downloaded it you can keep it

I managed to install some emulators and stuff but not play, got retro arch installed but doesn't work, only app that works is advanced emulator launcher
Yep. Most won’t work, you maybe might be able to get a launcher/pointer to work but that’s about it.

H

Haxxoreseo

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah apparently openelec is a plugin that they all rely on, I have no experience so don't know what it is or where to start

Seems from a browse openelec is a variation of Kodi, and cannot be changed, but Kodi needs it as a dependency

I can use retroarch things but not retro arch itself, I can configure it, get it to show me installed bios and use a few settings but not work properly, I'll keep trying

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Has anyone seen anything about this because I would really like to play some emulated games on the Xbox One.

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You can already do that on devmode with UWP.
I don’t think that much will be done with Kodi, I don’t see why they try other things as the Kodi version is not like a regular version of Kodi everyone is used too. They had to do a lot of things to get Kodi to be a UWP (which means they needed to have a x64 version of Kodi) and even then it’s not the people who develop Kodi who do the UWP ports.

Saturday Night

Saturday Night

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Has anyone seen anything about this because I would really like to play some emulated games on the Xbox One.

Look up NESBox, it’s a website but you can play the games through the edge browser on Xbox One.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Look up NESBox, it’s a website but you can play the games through the edge browser on Xbox One.
I might check this out thank you.

Just thought I would post what I found here also.

PQA02MbcSr_x0KiHEu6b0w.png

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I might check this out thank you.

Just thought I would post what I found here also.

PQA02MbcSr_x0KiHEu6b0w.png
Yes, this is what I was trying to explain above. The Kodi team that is responsible for the XBox UWP and MS Store UWP had to go thru a lot just for it to be accepted by M$ in their respective stores. I’m just happy that it is in XBox One, I have an original XBox that is TSOP’d with a 2TB HDD specifically for emulators (but I don’t need it when you have Everdrive carts lol).

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, this is what I was trying to explain above. The Kodi team that is responsible for the XBox UWP and MS Store UWP had to go thru a lot just for it to be accepted by M$ in their respective stores. I’m just happy that it is in XBox One, I have an original XBox that is TSOP’d with a 2TB HDD specifically for emulators (but I don’t need it when you have Everdrive carts lol).
I have a softmodded 1.6 Xbox OG but I haven't installed any emulators to it yet.

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a softmodded 1.6 Xbox OG but I haven't installed any emulators to it yet.
If you installed a bigger HDD, then you can run emulators (I like Coin Ops 8). If you installed a chip, you’d have way more advantages also.

Top Bottom
Login
Register