What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Patched possible hotfix bypass?

katooosha

katooosha

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i was thinking, if you have your internet turned off and a glitch gets patched, if you disconnect your internet the next time you open gta, wont it not be able to download the hotfix? and then u can turn ur internet on after, when u want to go online. can someone test this for me? i would but I don't have vehicle storage for moc.

F

FrostedPelk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i was thinking, if you have your internet turned off and a glitch gets patched, if you disconnect your internet the next time you open gta, wont it not be able to download the hotfix? and then u can turn ur internet on after, when u want to go online. can someone test this for me? i would but I don't have vehicle storage for moc.
My guess is... Soons u turn internet on.. Itll say "Syncing Data for GTA V"

Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
What?
When you get on internet it will get the patch to the game and download it. You can't stop these downloads unless you never go online.

katooosha

katooosha

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What?
When you get on internet it will get the patch to the game and download it. You can't stop these downloads unless you never go online.
patches are only downloaded on the screen with the girl in the bikini; as long as you never see that screen u shouldnt get hotfixed.

katooosha

katooosha

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Pretty sure thats not how patches work.

/r/GTAGlitches used to have a whole thread about this, and how putting it into rest mode would allow you to bypass the hotfixes. Rest mode doesnt work anymore however, because the new PS4 update made it so every time you come out of rest mode with gta open, it will quickly go to the screen with the girl in the bikini and then switch back to whatever you were doing, so that it could download any patches.

Try for yourself if you want to, go into story mode, put it in rest mode for about 5 minutes, then open it again. You will see it quickly go to the screen with the bikini girl and then come back.

GaryLazerEyes

GaryLazerEyes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
/r/GTAGlitches used to have a whole thread about this, and how putting it into rest mode would allow you to bypass the hotfixes. Rest mode doesnt work anymore however, because the new PS4 update made it so every time you come out of rest mode with gta open, it will quickly go to the screen with the girl in the bikini and then switch back to whatever you were doing, so that it could download any patches.

Try for yourself if you want to, go into story mode, put it in rest mode for about 5 minutes, then open it again. You will see it quickly go to the screen with the bikini girl and then come back.

I got the blue screen of death last GC2F glitch & I did the same thing you are talking about & it was still patched for me. As soon as you connect your internet & come out of rest mode it kicks you to that chick at the beginning & says loading story mode & counts from 0-100% & it loads the prologue. I'm guessing the patch is downloaded while going from 0-100% but I'm not sure.

NicGoRe

NicGoRe

Legendary Bastard
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Diamonds Are Forever Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
The matchmaking server checks to see if the correct bg scripts are in place. If not the game will send you back to SP and the hotfix is applied at the splash screen.

katooosha

katooosha

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Although I cant do any glitches because I dont have a vehicle storage, I tried connecting my internet after going into sp. It never sends me to the splashscreen, but it goes to the prologue and then from there I can go online. I never see splashscreen while I have a connection.

EDIT: I see the chick while its loading story mode, however I dont think that does the same thing as when you first see the big image of her at the start, I'm pretty sure it's just a loading image.

Last edited:
araquesfc

araquesfc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The only thing that keeps you away from getting the hotfixes is not to turn off the console or rest mode and no restarting the game... I was using it from the darts glitch and until 9 hours ago I was able to do it. Even going from sp to public, alone or by invitation sessions...

Last edited:
L

Luckynemohoes

Reaction score
Sin$

I can suspend the application and open it back up, and the girl in bikini shows up and no hotfixes 
The only thing that keeps you away from getting the hotfixes is not to turn off the console or rest mode and no restarting the game... I was using it from the darts glitch and until 9 hours ago I was able to do it. Even going from sp to public, alone or by invitation sessions...
i even suspended the application at one point by trimming a clip. And can still do darts

araquesfc

araquesfc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I put my character online to see the garage camera on the tv and from there I suspend the game

T

threemonkeys

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The only thing that keeps you away from getting the hotfixes is not to turn off the console or rest mode and no restarting the game... I was using it from the darts glitch and until 9 hours ago I was able to do it. Even going from sp to public, alone or by invitation sessions...[/QUOTE

Yep' still doing Darts right now.!

katooosha

katooosha

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can suspend the application and open it back up, and the girl in bikini shows up and no hotfixes 

i even suspended the application at one point by trimming a clip. And can still do darts
But after u suspend it do you put it in rest mode? It's weird that you can still do darts after seeing thr girl in the bikini...

I

InsaneCallum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you disconnect internet, start the game, turn on wifi and just start joining online and disconnecting at random points, you maybe able to bypass in a strange way

katooosha

katooosha

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you disconnect internet, start the game, turn on wifi and just start joining online and disconnecting at random points, you maybe able to bypass in a strange way

I have actually recently found a way to bypass hotfixes, however I am wondering if I should release it now or when a really good glitch comes

I

InsaneCallum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have actually recently found a way to bypass hotfixes, however I am wondering if I should release it now or when a really good glitch comes

Is it on the lines i said? Randomly opening things like director mode and multiplayer as soon as wifi back on to stop the force to reload the game?

katooosha

katooosha

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it on the lines i said? Randomly opening things like director mode and multiplayer as soon as wifi back on to stop the force to reload the game?

No I recently made a post about it in the actual glitches section check it out

Top Bottom
Login
Register