• Views 1,247
Cheez

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I have had 2 friends, and a few friends of friends that have been banned within the past few days for having modded Avatar Skin color. They didn't not mod their GamerScore, and they did not have flashed DVD Drives. The only things they had were modded skin color and a few GamerPics from GPI.

I know this seems very odd that Microsoft would issue such a harsh punishment for such a simple mod, I will just checking to see if anybody else had heard any reports of this.

ConsoleHackers

ConsoleHackers

Member Since 2010
Forum Addict Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I havent gotten banned but i have only modded my gamerscore thats it.

C

Collateral22

I hate fanboys.
Forum Addict Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
All I have done is MW2 leaderboards and single player saves. Maybe they had really high leaderboards too?

Cheez

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
One of friends called asking for a reason and they replied with...

"Miss-use of marketplace material."

Leering

Leering

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Bright Idea Fabled Veteran Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
In other words:

Dear. <Gamertag here>
You were banned for something that doesn't effect anyone. But we take any chance we can to make you buy a new console since we "fixed" RROD also you need a new gametag.
Love, Mico$oft

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
You're tampering with their product. Do people expect to be rewarded? The Terms of Use, as well as the Code of Conduct is clear enough to understand that even having "mod" on your Bio could result in a ban.

TM CRITiiCAL

TM CRITiiCAL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So Microsoft can detect if the GamerPic you got was from GPI? :|

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
Lots of my friends have modded avatars for months so guess you are just unlucky to actually get banned for something like that.

P

patatemol3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My avatar, my gamerscore, my gamerpicture, my 5th Legend on RDR, my 10th prestige on WaW and Mw2 are modded.

And I'm not banned :wink:

P

projectomega

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I love how people are always so surprised when this happens.
this does happen quiet a bit but you just don't hear people talking about it.

It's breaking the terms of use that you agreed to. while i personally don't care if people mod, microsoft does because it is breaking the law to abuse their product in a way that you agred not to.

I'm not saying to not mod, i'm still going to. i'm just saying don't be completely shocked or angry if you get banned, you should know what you are getting into when you start modding so it souldn't be a surprise. it's always said: Mod at your own risk.

S

Swaggle

Reaction score
Sin$
My avatar, my gamerscore, my gamerpicture, my 5th Legend on RDR, my 10th prestige on WaW and Mw2 are modded.

And I'm not banned :wink:
LOL we have pretty much the same setup but i got reset on Gamerscore, went way over 50,000 first time i did it haha

Kira

Kira

Legendary Veteran Video Connoisseur Fabled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Of course. Any for of modding will result in a ban. Each penalty(mod) has a different ban. In this case, I believe you will get console banned after your 3-5 suspension.

ClarkeOne

ClarkeOne

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
When you buy the console, you can do what you want to it, it's your property. You can Jtag it, flash it, have sex with it, whatever. What isn't allowed is using said modifications on their service. If the mods are discovered, and they will be discovered, they can ban you as they see fit. And they can do so becuase they are protected by the ToS that you break once those modifications go live, don't want to be banned ? Then be smart and don't make the mods so damn obvious.

Top Bottom
Login
Register