What's new

Question Possible ban?

iV3RTiGO

iV3RTiGO

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Got a new Xbox One about a month ago and I was surprised that I had Gold but I just went with it. Bought WW2 a few days later and have been playing ever since. A few days ago I tried to play MW3 on a 360 and got a message saying "This account is not allowed to play online." which didn't make sense because I was able to play WW2 online. Now, I'm trying to play WW2 online and I'm getting the message "This account is not allowed to play online." Wtf does this mean because I was playing online just yesterday...

iV3RTiGO

iV3RTiGO

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe no subscription I had that message when I had no LIVE.
Well that was exactly what I was thinking but I didn't even buy a subscription when I got the XBOX. I just logged right in and it happened to work. Actually, I was just Googling things and found something out along the lines of the account that has the XBOX set as their Home XBOX will be able to give all accounts on that XBOX Gold as well. Long story short, I bought the XBOX from someone else who probably had Gold and had it set as their Home XBOX. Just the other day I reset the XBOX, taking the original account away, rendering my personal account useless. I'm hoping that's the issue and I'm not banned!

Upvote 0
Aron

Aron

Cum late. Leave early.
Legendary Veteran Jokester CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Well that was exactly what I was thinking but I didn't even buy a subscription when I got the XBOX. I just logged right in and it happened to work. Actually, I was just Googling things and found something out along the lines of the account that has the XBOX set as their Home XBOX will be able to give all accounts on that XBOX Gold as well. Long story short, I bought the XBOX from someone else who probably had Gold and had it set as their Home XBOX. Just the other day I reset the XBOX, taking the original account away, rendering my personal account useless. I'm hoping that's the issue and I'm not banned!
That does sound like its the issue, otherwise im sure you would have gotten an email or message about the ban.

Upvote 0
Speedball

Speedball

I don't believe in non-believers
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you have any parental controls enabled on your 360/where you split screening on an account that might have them enabled?

Upvote 0
HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
That's definitely the issue just do a month or a 12 month is the best value.

Upvote 0
Gardzz

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Bright Idea Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
That's odd. Do they do cross platform XBL? May be something you need to contact the team at xbox.com/support about, seems like it something on their end rather than yours.

Upvote 0
Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Did you get this sorted in the end? Was it the fact you had no live?

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register