• Views 13,526
Zakb009

Zakb009

Uni pride yo!
Retired
Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You heard me. What can I put on a USB to help fix my friends PC who got a RAT.

Operating System
  1. Windows
H

hrffd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically a full wipe is really the only way to successfully get rid of a "RAT." If it's scripted good, anyways. I think malwarebytes has a good portable.

MrPirate

WeedPlz

Wanna Get High?
Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
just to be safe i would wipe the main hard drive and any other drives, only way to be 100% sure that the virus is killed

D1G1TAL

D1G1TAL

║▌││║▌║││║▌│║║│▌ ɴзтшøяkзđ
Hardened Veteran Modder Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
You heard me. What can I put on a USB to help fix my friends PC who got a RAT.

Recommended portable antivirus scanners budd:

AVG Portable
http://www.pendriveapps.com/avg-anti-virus-rescue-usb/

(detects most spyware/malware files + macro/polymorphic/logic viruses that aim for the boot sector and winlogon.exe file)

Malwarebytes
http://portable.bg/en/portable-system-apps/1080-malwarebytes-anti-malware-portable-15111800

(Same as AVG + detects all spyware, malware, viruses and trojans that mainly infect the registry, boot sector and system folder files)

I always use those at work. Both work great. If you had to pick one then it would be Malwarebytes. If you want the full version for AVG portable send me a PM :smile:

MrPirate

WeedPlz

Wanna Get High?
Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
How would I wipe my hard drive for windows vista, Would I need to use a CD after or something.
yea man, its just an .iso file or if you wanna buy the disk. i would suggest checking out the piratebay for the needed files. maybe you could even install windows 7 if your computer spec is high enough

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Do what Digital said, install Malwarebytes on his computer, and run it. It'll be one of the best things you can do. Make sure it updates and everything, then run all 3 scan types, and it'll find everything it could possible find.

Wheen

Wheen

Bytesexual
Retired
Programmer Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Boot into *Nix and fix it there. There are a bunch of Linux distros built for that type of stuff (What comes to mind is Kaspersky's, but there are others)

Subwayeatfresh

Subwayeatfresh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yea man, its just an .iso file or if you wanna buy the disk. i would suggest checking out the piratebay for the needed files. maybe you could even install windows 7 if your computer spec is high enough
Can you post some links with virus scansbecause I'm on my iPod now and if you can I can tell you what kind of laptop I have.

Subwayeatfresh

Subwayeatfresh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do what Digital said, install Malwarebytes on his computer, and run it. It'll be one of the best things you can do. Make sure it updates and everything, then run all 3 scan types, and it'll find everything it could possible find.
I can't do that because it won't let me online to update it but when I got avast on there it was almost finished then it closed it down and I think I am going to wipe my hard drive because I'm getting blue screens.

Subwayeatfresh

Subwayeatfresh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
just
visit cnet downloads its the most trusted site on the net
No I mean on what you said about pirate bay and the files I can download . I am asking if you can find some and post a link with a virus scan because I'm on my iPod and I can't do it myself.

MrPirate

WeedPlz

Wanna Get High?
Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
No I mean on what you said about pirate bay and the files I can download . I am asking if you can find some and post a link with a virus scan because I'm on my iPod and I can't do it myself.
sorry man aint 100% sure which torrent i used. just check the comments and ratings all will be ok

D1G1TAL

D1G1TAL

Reaction score
Sin$
I can't do that because it won't let me online to update it but when I got avast on there it was almost finished then it closed it down and I think I am going to wipe my hard drive because I'm getting blue screens.

Do a System Restore bro. No need for you to wipe the entire harddrive.

Subwayeatfresh

Subwayeatfresh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do a System Restore bro. No need for you to wipe the entire harddrive.
like KN1GHTH4WK429 said if I do have a restore point in which I don't so that is not a option so I have to go with Weedplz's way and check on piratebay on my friends computer and hopefully I'm not screwed :smile:. Thanks everyone for the help ill check back in if I have any problems.

D1G1TAL

D1G1TAL

Reaction score
Sin$
like KN1GHTH4WK429 said if I do have a restore point in which I don't so that is not a option so I have to go with Weedplz's way and check on piratebay on my friends computer and hopefully I'm not screwed :smile:. Thanks everyone for the help ill check back in if I have any problems.

Then use a System Recovery Disk. If you don't have one of those then do a full harddrive wipe. Yea, most of the time a full system restore would be the best choice because at times a recovery disk and restore point wont help at all, it just depends on how critical your system is messed up. Good luck man and hope you get everything working right =]

EDIT: I just scrolled up and read your post at the beginning and you were inquiring for a harddrive restore so I apologize :smile: I wasn't aware of what you were inquiring budd :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register