Pop up saying I have viruses

• Thread starter FatboyOnWheels
  • Start date
  • Views 856
F

Cool Story

melt.
Reaction score
Everyonce and a while I'll be on the internet and my page redirects to some page saying I have lots of viruses and it shows a fake *** scan on an old XP.

Is this a virus or what is going on?

E

Edgar25

Reaction score
Everyonce and a while I'll be on the internet and my page redirects to some page saying I have lots of viruses and it shows a fake *** scan on an old XP.

i am pretty sure its a virus, you got any pics?

L

Laugh

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, it's a very old virus. But it's a virus.

S

SmexyPenguin18

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it just a webpage? If so, I don't think it's a virus, but if you clicked or anything it might install a virus.

F

Cool Story

melt.
Reaction score
Is it just a webpage? If so, I don't think it's a virus, but if you clicked or anything it might install a virus.
It's just a webpage, and I haven't installed it. I just X out of it when it pops up.

B

BMTH

Banned
Reaction score
It's Just a webpage. Don't worry about it, clear your cookies, cache, etc.. and you will be fine. I saw a page like that not too long ago.
7ff733454c219e86eec5809153cb2018.png

Edit: does it always show up?

C

Xxchr0m3kingxX

Knowledge is power, Power is corruption
VIP
Reaction score

You have a fake AV virus by the sound of this
So do these things

1. Restart your pc and as soon as the desktop is visible pull up task manager (ctrl+ alt+ delete)
2. In task manager look for any suspicious tasks they are normally random numbers with .swd in there somewere and end what you think is suspicious if you can open a file on your pc that you cant at the moment then u got the right task now
3. go to control panel then network settings then internet options and click connections tab and then click lan settings and you will see your http is set to a proxy take that off
4. download anti malware bytes (Google it) and do a scan it will find it

Source: me i have removed a s*** load of these

You have to do all this or it will get worse like it will stop blocking any file to be open and it will only show a fake av page on the internet but since it hasnt hit yet i think just do step 3

Or it could just be popups from websites :smile: it proberly is

D

Dang Not ViSioN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be a pop up for a rouge anti-virus. Click X on it, clear cookies and cache.

F

Cool Story

melt.
Reaction score
Got it fixed. Thank you everyone.

J

joshyc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on fixing it but for all the people that said it was a virus, it's an advertisement and a pop up for this ****** av

Top Bottom