PLZ help with bridging on GOW2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Funnyack1987, Dec 18, 2008 with 4 replies and 451 views.

1. Funnyack1987

Funnyack1987 Newbie

Ratings:
    ok this is whats going on and how i got my stuff all connected...... I have my High Speed internet provider MODEM connected to my Router with a ethernet cord. Then from my ROUTER to my cpu's ethernet port with a ethernet cord. Then i installed another Ethernet Card to my CPU so i can connect my xbox360 to my new Ethernet port. Im using a cross over cord to connect my 360 to my new ethernet port. I have both ZONE ALARM and COMMVIEW programs. I got the GOW2 ip's and my IP and i also got my connections Bridged........ well im pretty sure i got every thing right because there are some days when im able to get host all day and then there are days when im unable to get host.

Why arent I able to get host every day??? Can anybody help me fix this problem and let me know whats going on???? I will really appreciate any kind of help/support:frown:,thanks.:biggrin:

2. bloodswetandtears

bloodswetandtears Newbie

Ratings:
    I have the exact same setup you have and i discovered that u cant get host all the time without a full party. although it work 100 % with a full one.

3. Dark x Primo

Dark x Primo Newbie

Ratings:
    A big problem is you have NIC Cards (Ethernet) Connected to you Central Processing Unit("CPU"), that wont work.. OK I have this setup and I dont have a crossover and it works for me 100% of the time, also, after you find players (the second check box) after 10-15 seconds switch your internet firewall to medium-when it connects take it back to high, :thumbup:Hope this helps!

:cool:Only joking with the cpu thing

end/ I dont need a full party to be host, I can be host when searching for pub nubs/

4. OP
    Funnyack1987

Funnyack1987 Newbie

Ratings:

every time i play. i have a full party and i also add there ip's to my trusted. its just that some days it will work and other days it wont.

So you have your Zone Alarm Firewall on High:?? then switch it to Medium,when you get to the second check box and when you get connected you switch it back to High:??

If you switch it back to High after you get connected. Wont you lag everybody else in the game except for the people you have on your trusted list:??

5. DESP1se317

DESP1se317 Newbie

Ratings:
    get one person and go play wingman, you'll get it 100% of the time unless you happen to get paired with me, lmfao, play that until you get enough for a full party then change up the game type