"..please put it in an xbox 360 console"

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by stuck777, Jul 14, 2009 with 4 replies and 274 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuck777

stuck777 Newbie

Ratings:
    The whole error message when I try to play any game, is the following:

"to play this disc please put it in an xbox 360 console"

I followed the procedure using the tutorial on this website using DosFlash (except for the VIA card, I used an nForce 4) to dump, erase and write the firmware and everything went well.

But upon reconnecting everything and trying a burnt as well as original game, they both gave me the error above.

Some research had told me that it is using the wrong drive key.

Can anybody help with a possible work around?

Thanks in advance!

2. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Your dvd key is wrong then. Go back and copy your dvd key into the firmware again and reflash. There is no workaround if your dvd key is wrong....

If it doesn't work after the second try then your 360 is bricked as your dvd key wasn't read correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    stuck777

stuck777 Newbie

Ratings:
    Ok, I figured out where I went wrong, and I missed the most important step: creating the hacked firmware.

So, I can just disassemble, and reflash with the new hacked firmware and I should be good to go after that, I would assume?

Thanks for your help!

4. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Yeah just take it all apart again. Make the modded firmware with your dvd key in it. Then all you need to do is flash it to the drive and you should be able to play your games again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    stuck777

stuck777 Newbie

Ratings:
    Got it all sorted out now. Thanks a lot!

Re-flashed, and it had 14 write errors. I got scared so I erased it and then reflashed and now it's working again :thumbup: