Solved Please Help...

• Thread starter Divigate
  • Start date
  • Views 8,073
D

Divigate

Reaction score
I have an xbox 360, elite 120gb.
The disc drive is Liteon, and I'm trying to soft (or hard) mod it so I can play burned games on it..
I heard Liteon drives are a pain in the ***, so I got a BenQ drive off my friend.

How do I flash the BenQ to work on my xbox? Is it worth it?
Or is it better to just flash the liteon

Edit - I apologize if I posted in the wrong subforum.

se7ensinser

Ilikeskyriming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could spoof the drive, basically make the xbox thinks the BENQ drive is you lite on drive, just spoof to source and make sure it's the same dvd key. Yes lite ons are a pain, you have to have a ck3 probe to get the dvd key out.

se7ensinser

Ilikeskyriming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pm you :smile: don't worry everybody starts somewhere!

kanyun

kanyun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why people make a thread....and then proceed to make the exact same thread again with a slightly different title. I will copy and paste what I posted in your other thread.

I believe you need a probe to flash liteons

http://www.xconsoles.com/products/Xecuter-CK3-Probe-3.html

This is probably why you heard it was a pain. You should just flash the liteon because you will need the probe to get the key from the liteon anyway if you wanted to flash the BenQ.

To make the BenQ work you'd need to extract the key from the liteon and inject it into the BenQ, so just get the probe and flash the liteon.

Read more:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/help-please.718354/#ixzz1uKV8Ic9W

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

Contributor
Reaction score
i dont think you can spoof on the newest dash?

D

Divigate

Reaction score
I don't understand why people make a thread....and then proceed to make the exact same thread again with a slightly different title. I will copy and paste what I posted in your other thread.
Simply because I want more than one opinion, not saying you're wrong.... but I just want to know exactly what I need.

kanyun

kanyun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simply because I want more than one opinion, not saying you're wrong.... but I just want to know exactly what I need.
Yeah but you posted the same exact thing didn't you? Why not wait for other opinions to come to your other thread rather than posting a repeat and spamming the board? Your other thread was only like 3 threads before this one!

PS, yes you have to flash your liteon. You would need to buy that probe no matter what.

D

Divigate

Reaction score
Yeah but you posted the same exact thing didn't you? Why not wait for other opinions to come to your other thread rather than posting a repeat and spamming the board? Your other thread was only like 3 threads before this one!

PS, yes you have to flash your liteon. You would need to buy that probe no matter what.
I posted in three different subforums haha. And alright. Do i need anything else?

kanyun

kanyun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's something else you might need to provide power to the drive so you can flash it, forgot what thats called, but google can help.

And you'll need a burner to burn the games when its all said and done. I believe you'll want the iHas124 B revision.

se7ensinser

Ilikeskyriming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's something else you might need to provide power to the drive so you can flash it, forgot what thats called, but google can help.

And you'll need a burner to burn the games when its all said and done. I believe you'll want the iHas124 B revision.
CK3 i

D

Divigate

Reaction score

I can't burn off my laptop?

se7ensinser

Ilikeskyriming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not with the new XGD3 games no, anything older then yes, you'll also need DVD + R DL discs (DL stands for Dual layer) you want to get verbatim discs off ebay there the best and will burn 100% every time

kanyun

kanyun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that.

I can't burn off my laptop?
I don't believe so unless you flash an older firmware. I don't think LT+ 3.0 supports truncated copies, or at least they aren't safe for online. You'd want an ihas burner for full and safe copies.

Don't quote me on any of this. I've never flashed a drive, I'm just going off of what I think I've read.

se7ensinser

Ilikeskyriming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that.

I don't believe so unless you flash an older firmware. I don't think LT+ 3.0 supports truncated copies, or at least they aren't safe for online. You'd want an ihas burner for full and safe copies.

Don't quote me on any of this. I've never flashed a drive, I'm just going off of what I think I've read.
You'r pretty much right, Iv'e found turncated copies work for me on my old flashed xbox but i have a Samsung drive now so i don't need LT +3.0 as the drive doesn't supports ap2.5. Basically meaning i don't need to patch my copies i just burn and play with no risk of getting band as it bypasses all security checks :biggrin:

kanyun

kanyun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'r pretty much right, Iv'e found turncated copies work for me on my old flashed xbox but i have a Samsung drive now so i don't need LT +3.0 as the drive doesn't supports ap2.5. Basically meaning i don't need to patch my copies i just burn and play with no risk of getting band as it bypasses all security checks :biggrin:
Haha yeah, I'm think I'm gonna let you take it away from here because I don't know anything about burning except what I've read.

Top Bottom