• Thread starter GTA3
  • Start date
  • Views 2,136
GTA3

GTA3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am trying to softmod my XBOX, i have the usb cable 2gb flash drive and splinter cell.
I have used xplorer360 and injected the files onto the flash drive. i have setup files and splinter cell pal save, the flashdrive is recognized by my xbox and it formatted it.
When the flashdrive is connected to the xbox with the files on it, it just shows up as MU2A and it does not show the files i have injected to it.
I have tried this flashdrive on both my XBOX's with the same result.
Can someone please explain what im doing wrong, i understand computers so its not something i dont understand how to do, i think it could be the flashdrive, but why ? if the xbox sees it but not the files.

i apologise also for making similar posts but im really stuck.

Thanks

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Check to see if your antivirus or any program on your computer is preventing the program from injecting the files.

KaosEngineeer

KaosEngineeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am trying to softmod my XBOX, i have the usb cable 2gb flash drive and splinter cell.
I have used xplorer360 and injected the files onto the flash drive. i have setup files and splinter cell pal save, the flashdrive is recognized by my xbox and it formatted it.
When the flashdrive is connected to the xbox with the files on it, it just shows up as MU2A and it does not show the files i have injected to it.
I have tried this flashdrive on both my XBOX's with the same result.
Can someone please explain what im doing wrong, i understand computers so its not something i dont understand how to do, i think it could be the flashdrive, but why ? if the xbox sees it but not the files.

i apologise also for making similar posts but im really stuck.

Thanks
When adding the files to the flash drive they should not be in a UDATA subdir, you inject the gamesave's numbered folder directly to the root of the flash drive.

Rhystic1

Rhystic1

Reaction score
Sin$
I have the same exact problem. The drive is detected by the Xbox and the computer, I inject the files with Xplorer but they won't show up on the console. What's interesting is that I tried copying some saves from the Xbox to the drive and it seems to work, but then when I plug the drive back to the PC they won't appear!

I tried using Windows 10 (both with and without compatibility modes) and Windows XP, but nothing seems to be working.

GTA3

GTA3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes thats exactly what i tried, i went and got out my old XP computer but it still didnt work and as you said i can copy save files to the flash drive and the xbox sees them, i have 3 xbox's they all react the same way. will not see the files

Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
GTA3 GTA3 did you plug the usb into the xbox and format it on the xbox and go from there.also windows may say do u want to format it do not format it.

also i read that the xbox cant read anything at 2gb so try and resize the usb to 300mb or 500mb u dont need the full 2gb at all.

Last edited:
KaosEngineeer

KaosEngineeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The maximum size thumb drive the Xbox can read/write from/to is 4GB's. Generally, the smaller the better. I use an old 64MB generic flash drive. It works wonders compared to newer drives from HP and SanDisk that I tried. These larger 1 and 2GB thumb drives all failed. The one thing to check for is what USB standard is the default of your drive. USB 3.0, 2.0, 1.1? The Xbox supports USB 1.1 at 11Mbps. Even though faster drives say they are backward compatible, the Xbox is very picky as to which it will accept.

I'd start over by using hddguru.com's FREE Low-Level Format Tool to wipe the thumb drive, plug it into the Xbox before powering on, power on the console and go into the Memory subsection of the MS Dashboard. Hopefully, the Xbox formats it 4 u. Then, inject the save folders with Xplorer360.

The numbered game save folder must be written to the root of the thumb drive. Most times I have to first create an empty "New folder" before I can inject <numbered_folder>. Inject both the save for the game you are using and the softmod save itself:
  • 21585554 - Softmod Installer Folder
  • 5553000c - Splinter Cell Game Save
  • 4d530017 - MechAssault Game Save
  • 4541000d - 007: Agent Under Fire
Saves extract to \UDATA\<numbered folder>\<multiple files and folders>, you need to inject the <numbered_folder> to the root of the thumb drive - not from \UDATA.

Last edited:
Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
GTA3 GTA3 if you have a android phone cant remember if you have to be rooted or not but there is steps to do it with android.

Top Bottom
Login
Register