What's new

Solved Please help us relax and (maybe) clear some myths.

A

Ascan1us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Has any current gen console players ever been banned? Short and simple...

And if so, was it solely because of duping or selling cars?

I wonder if the console players are worrying needlessly, and the only consequense thats ever been used on console is the Repeat Cap Offender.

So please... Only first hand experience. Not something you assume or read on some forum. Have you or any friend ever had a ban or account wipe on current gen console?

M

MrSarcasticGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i just got a daily sell limit of 1 car per day for 18 months, but my total income is around 600 million which has all come from duping cars, so the short answer is no you cant get banned for duping cars. u only really get banned for toxic behaviour towards other players

Upvote 0
S

SuckmyNONgodmodeD

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Has any current gen console players ever been banned? Short and simple...

And if so, was it solely because of duping or selling cars?

I wonder if the console players are worrying needlessly, and the only consequense thats ever been used on console is the Repeat Cap Offender.

So please... Only first hand experience. Not something you assume or read on some forum. Have you or any friend ever had a ban or account wipe on current gen console?

Banned, no. Trolled, possibly. Several months ago I (and lots of other players) lost everything we owned apart first 2 apartments and 20 cars. The joke was all the cars were shuffled around so what was originally in those garages no longer was, and there were enough elegys scattered in amongst other random vehicles to suggest it likely was a troll against duping but of course cannot prove that. When everything returned a week later everything had been disorganised and my BMX bikes in car slots had been hung back on the racks... But only on one character. The 2nd kept a sole BMX in their facility. A strange coincidence?

Upvote 0
S

SuckmyNONgodmodeD

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
i just got a daily sell limit of 1 car per day for 18 months, but my total income is around 600 million which has all come from duping cars, so the short answer is no you cant get banned for duping cars. u only really get banned for toxic behaviour towards other players

You didn't get a sell limit of one from duping cars though. You got a sell limit by overselling or selling dirty duped cars it's a subtle but huge difference. I have way higher earnings than you from selling and never hit a sell limit. Ever.

Upvote 0
DiabloGato47

DiabloGato47

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No, I was on XB1 duping since the glitch started, selling and storing them. I made at least 100m before it was patched and filled the rest of my garages. I doubt I'll get banned, I mean I used a frozen money glitch for more then like 5b before.

Upvote 0
S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Absolutey never will happen.
Using glitches to grief a player if proven with a video may get you a 30 day ban and surely will put you in badsport for a bit. Money wipes happen when frozen money happens on apartment frozen money. The system takes the trades and can see you shouldnt have gains from them. So it wipes the money that resulted from the invalid trade.
(This is done via a script that can be turned on and turned off)
The game is grand theft auto. When you duplicate a car it is no more than stealing the car. If caught via a video from another player you could get time in the cheater pool... aka badsport.
If the game was sunday driver then likely you would get banned for stealing a car and selling it. But this is grand theft auto so instead of banning we troll players. Make systems that detect these and limit the sales. Give a penalty of sell limits. As you can see the trend is focused on slowing it down. Not banishment of a game that is completely built on doing illegal activity to fund your high end lifestyle. My personal thought was to give detected players a constant three star wanted level anytime they stepped outside until their cap was lifted. I mean all those hot cars you are selling should be drawing some attention with the los santos police.
If the trend of purchased via shark card or actual earned money trends too low from more users getting money from duplicated cars then the punishments will certainly get worse. But banning a player?? Not even close to that point.
Currently on track to break last years record in sales. This means we are trending up. This also means more dlc.
I swear the worst that will ever happen is your character will just lose their stuff and money. And likely not even close to all of your stuff. But we arent even close to this yet.
The only thing being done is an attempt to slow it down a bit and limit the income from dupes. This will keep you interested in the game longer instead of owning everything from dlc day one and being bored in a week. There are so many things to do in los santos and many havent even tried them.
So dont worry about a ban and just play the game and have some fun. Isnt that what games are meant for?

Upvote 0
Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You More than likely will never be banned for duping:wink:
Many of us have been doing it for years.
I also have had modded money online.
Not banned for that either... even transferred it from old to current gen:wink:

Two instances of “bans” I have encountered in my Travels.
  1. Creator ban; I have personally been banned from using Creator on some of my accounts. Mostly for guilt by association... I let a friend copy and mod my Xbox job to be played on PS4 :roflmao: I was banned from Creator on every account that I shared jobs on in public :mad: Mostly because people shared my jobs on YouTube. They got a ridiculous amount of plays and with that a ridiculous amount of dislikes. Those can be a red flag for R*.Kind of silly unless you use Creator every day like me:banghead:
  2. The other ban I have encountered is even more complicated... A friend of mine was playing in a lobby in a party with a popular YouTube glitcher. The YouTuber had a private dupe Glitch and was publicly selling dupes for $1.00. As soon as R* found out, everyone in the session party and livestream were banned. Even my friend who was invited to the livestream by another friend. At least a half a dozen people were completely banned for that maybe more:eek: also guilt by association.
In conclusion R* historically has only gone to the lengths of banning people who are damaging their bottom line for their own financial gain.
If you are duping for yourself you have no worries, except for the daily sell limit:biggrin:
If you are selling dupes for $1 dollar on YouTube you will be banned for sure:roflmao:

Upvote 0
S

SuckmyNONgodmodeD

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You More than likely will never be banned for duping:wink:
Many of us have been doing it for years.
I also have had modded money online.
Not banned for that either... even transferred it from old to current gen:wink:

Two instances of “bans” I have encountered in my Travels.
  1. Creator ban; I have personally been banned from using Creator on some of my accounts. Mostly for guilt by association... I let a friend copy and mod my Xbox job to be played on PS4 :roflmao: I was banned from Creator on every account that I shared jobs on in public :mad: Mostly because people shared my jobs on YouTube. They got a ridiculous amount of plays and with that a ridiculous amount of dislikes. Those can be a red flag for R*.Kind of silly unless you use Creator every day like me:banghead:
  2. The other ban I have encountered is even more complicated... A friend of mine was playing in a lobby in a party with a popular YouTube glitcher. The YouTuber had a private dupe Glitch and was publicly selling dupes for $1.00. As soon as R* found out, everyone in the session party and livestream were banned. Even my friend who was invited to the livestream by another friend. At least a half a dozen people were completely banned for that maybe more:eek: also guilt by association.
In conclusion R* historically has only gone to the lengths of banning people who are damaging their bottom line for their own financial gain.
If you are duping for yourself you have no worries, except for the daily sell limit:biggrin:
If you are selling dupes for $1 dollar on YouTube you will be banned for sure:roflmao:

Wow. Lol that a instant ban or some time after stream finished? You've gotta be pretty silly to charge for dupes in public against a multimillion dollar company though... Lucky he didn't get a lawsuit shoved in face!

Upvote 0
Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
They have yet to ban anyone for glitching as far as I know and as far as members here have seen. Repeat offenders well that may be a different story. You can and will be capped if caught though. And for a long damn time. But just because they haven't done it yet doesn't mean they won't, or at least reset.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register