What's new

Solved Please help? My xbox won't read discs.

• Thread starter Krackie 7s
  • Start date
  • Views 1,750
Krackie 7s

Krackie 7s

Banned
Fabled Veteran Forum Addict Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
My xbox won't read discs and I need it to so I can flash it. Why won't it read them?

K

Karikokun

Reaction score
Sin$
Is it the regular drive with the 360? I've had two 360s that the drive messed up on them. When you put the disk in does it make a slight grind sound then say that there is no CD in the drive?

K

Karikokun

Reaction score
Sin$
you cloud check if the laser is stuck at the end of its track.

You can try to reset the laser. If it is the regular drive, Open the drive, Unplug the power while the drive is out. Plug the power back in. And as the Xbox starts up, force the drive back into the xbox. Don't like break it forcing it in, but give it a little shove and you should hear the laser re-aligning.

Also, how to clean the laser, I always used those little CD Cleaner CDs with the little brushes on them. Otherwise, I mean you could open it up and clean it with a Q-Tip and some rubbing alcohol.

Oh, also, If it does what I first said, make like a little grinding noise, then say "Reading Disk" and then come up as no Disk in the tray, it is 'prolly the motor that went bad. Happened to my last one. You can always try the "Ghetto Tap" method. It actually worked for me for awhile until I got mine replaced.

What you do it, lay the Xbox on it's side, Like horizontally, Close the drive with the disk in it, and as soon as it closes, take your edge of the controller, and right above the CD tray, rapidly tap the xbox. Don't like beat it, but you can't be super soft with it either. Like moderate force. Sounds crazy, but it actually worked for me. Takes a few tries of ejecting and putting it back in, then tapping it again, but eventually you will see it will say "Reading Disk" for a slightly longer amount of time. And eventually it will work.

And by "Few tries" I mean like 15 minutes of messing with it.

Victoria Justice

UnCle DiiGz

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
You can try to reset the laser. If it is the regular drive, Open the drive, Unplug the power while the drive is out. Plug the power back in. And as the Xbox starts up, force the drive back into the xbox. Don't like break it forcing it in, but give it a little shove and you should hear the laser re-aligning.

Also, how to clean the laser, I always used those little CD Cleaner CDs with the little brushes on them. Otherwise, I mean you could open it up and clean it with a Q-Tip and some rubbing alcohol.

Oh, also, If it does what I first said, make like a little grinding noise, then say "Reading Disk" and then come up as no Disk in the tray, it is 'prolly the motor that went bad. Happened to my last one. You can always try the "Ghetto Tap" method. It actually worked for me for awhile until I got mine replaced.

What you do it, lay the Xbox on it's side, Like horizontally, Close the drive with the disk in it, and as soon as it closes, take your edge of the controller, and right above the CD tray, rapidly tap the xbox. Don't like beat it, but you can't be super soft with it either. Like moderate force. Sounds crazy, but it actually worked for me. Takes a few tries of ejecting and putting it back in, then tapping it again, but eventually you will see it will say "Reading Disk" for a slightly longer amount of time. And eventually it will work.

And by "Few tries" I mean like 15 minutes of messing with it.

good job there new GUY

K

Karikokun

Reaction score
Sin$
good job there new GUY

Thanks. :biggrin:

I had it happen to me before. It was a pain and stressed me out. Luckily though my Xbox was still in warranty so I was able to send it back and get it replaced. Been ripping my games to the HDD since. A lot easier on the DVD Drive.

Top Bottom
Login
Register