What's new

Solved Please help me with my FFA sniper mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Akira303

Reaction score
Hi all I know it's been done before but I'm working on a "FFA" sniper only mod that is different to the others Ive seen and is set at night (I'm also making a Sunrise one)..I've come quite a long way with it and have had alot of positive feedback from players online but I could really use the help of some more experienced modders..

Problem 1.

When people join my game they see the normal choose class menu. I would like to make it so that the only class selectable is Scout Sniper (so everyone has the ghillie suit) or completely remove the choose class menu and GIVE everyone the ghillie suit...any help with how to do that would be fantastic...

Problem 2.

(on my night mod) I give everyone an Intervention with heartbeat monitor & thermal scope ..with this thread called from onPlayerSpawned()

Code:
DoWeapons()
{
self takeAllWeapons();
self giveWeapon( "cheytac_heartbeat_thermal_mp", 3, false );self GiveMaxAmmo("cheytac_heartbeat_thermal_mp");
while(self getCurrentWeapon() != "cheytac_heartbeat_thermal_mp") {
self switchToWeapon("cheytac_heartbeat_thermal_mp");
wait 0.1;
}
}

And I give them Perks, 1 C4 bomb, 2 Flash grenades and killstreaks with this thread also called from onPlayerSpawned()

Code:
DoPerks()
{
self _clearPerks();
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk("specialty_fastmantle");
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk("specialty_bulletaccuracy");
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk("specialty_holdbreath");
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk("specialty_improvedholdbreath");
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk("specialty_fastreload");
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk("specialty_fastsprintrecovery");
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk("specialty_longersprint");
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk("specialty_automantle");
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk("specialty_bulletdamage");
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk("specialty_bulletpenetration");
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk("specialty_rof");
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk("specialty_fasthands");
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk("specialty_fastsnipe");
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk("specialty_quickdraw");
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk( "flash_grenade_mp" );
self maps\mp\perks\_perks::givePerk( "c4_mp" );
self SetOffhandSecondaryClass( "flash" );
self giveWeapon( "flash_grenade_mp" );self setWeaponAmmoClip("flash_grenade_mp", 2);
self maps\mp\killstreaks\_killstreaks::clearKillstreaks();
self maps\mp\gametypes\_class::setKillstreaks( "uav", "airdrop", "predator_missile" );

}

The problem is, when the player gets a killstreak if they die before they use it they lose the reward but you can still here the mc saying "UAV ready for deployment" or whatever.. how can I code this in such a way that killstreak rewards are not lost on death?

Problem 3.

On the maps I have made night time with the "cobra_sunset3" vision and various brightness/contrast tweaks, if a player gets injured but not killed & you see the blood splatter on the screen & the heavy breathing..during that time the screen goes back to day time for a few seconds and then fades back to night time.
I would like to totally prevent this from happening. Im not sure if it's the blood splatter on the cam effect that's causing this or what? how to completely disable that effect?

Thanks for reading and I would really appreciate any help you guys can offer..

demon dylan

demon dylan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well problem one is you have to remove all weapons and add it yourself
add this in on player spawned
self takeAllWeapons();

A

Akira303

Reaction score
did you look at the first code I posted? I'm already taking all weapons..but I want them to be able to only choose the Scout Sniper class so they have the ghillie suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom