Flume

iFacebook

100% Unicorn
Experienced Veteran Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys

I have a really bad problem and need it fixed :frown:

I turned on my laptop this morning to it starting up as usual with the windows 7 loading flag then after that I get a quick flash of a blue screen (Error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME) and BAM!!! It restarts

So I have put in my windows 7 ultimate disk and after loading the screen goes black with just my mouse cursor and same happend with my vista disk

I pressed F8 and safe mode just freezes and restarts aswell WTF?

I also checked the hdd and it looks fine and plugged in correctly

Please to whoever can help me I will rep like crazy
I need all of my files

Btw I wrote this on my phone now my thumbs hurt lol

Crizzly

Beyonder

That Crizzly Bear
Reaction score
Sin$
Can't help with the computer problem, but you should fap more to make your thumbs stronger so typing on your phone is easier. :biggrin:

Slipkvlt

Blac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys

I have a really bad problem and need it fixed :frown:

I turned on my laptop this morning to it starting up as usual with the windows 7 loading flag then after that I get a quick flash of a blue screen and BAM!!! It restarts

So I have put in my windows 7 ultimate disk and after loading the screen goes black and same happend with my vista disk

I pressed F8 and safe mode just freezes and restarts aswell WTF?

I also checked the hdd and it looks fine and plugged in correctly

Please to whoever can help me I will rep like crazy
I need all of my files

Btw I wrote this on my phone now my thumbs hurt lol

Have a look in this thread.

Diesel

Diesel

I love the smell of Diesel in the morning
Reaction score
Sin$
Well the Blue Screen is displaying an error, if you can tell me the error it would help more. However, Re-boot your system in Safe Mode: This can be achieved by continually pressing F8 during the boot sequence. You should now see an option to boot your system at the last good boot – select this and if it works give yourself a pat on the back.

Assuming the above failed it is possible that your boot sector or boot files on your hard drive have become corrupt. You can attempt a fix by booting from your ‘Recovery’ CD and following the instructions for ‘Repair’.
If and when the repair has finished you will get the C: prompt. Now type chkdsk /r (NOT chkdsk/r but chkdsk space /r) and press return (enter). This means run a program called check disk and repair any faults found on the hard drive. Sorry but we have not yet finished because I am now going to assume that your Windows Loader file is corrupt and it is this that is causing your BSOD message.

First of all you need to have your C prompt sitting at the root directory of your hard drive. This can be achieved by typing cd c:\
We need to rename your corrupt loader file by typing ren ntldr ntldr.old – did you get an error message? If so you might not be at the root directory so try cd c:\ again and then rename the ntldr file.
Now we must copy your good original loader file from the Recovery CD and put it back into the root directory of your hard drive. For this exercise I am going to assume that your CD drive is drive D but it could be drive E or even F so replace the D in my instructions with your own CD drive letter. Here goes:
Copy D:\i386\ntldr c:\

In English – Copy SPACE D:\i386\ntldr SPACE c:\

Now reboot your system – good luck.

Flume

iFacebook

100% Unicorn
Experienced Veteran Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Well the Blue Screen is displaying an error, if you can tell me the error it would help more. However, Re-boot your system in Safe Mode: This can be achieved by continually pressing F8 during the boot sequence. You should now see an option to boot your system at the last good boot – select this and if it works give yourself a pat on the back.

Assuming the above failed it is possible that your boot sector or boot files on your hard drive have become corrupt. You can attempt a fix by booting from your ‘Recovery’ CD and following the instructions for ‘Repair’.
If and when the repair has finished you will get the C: prompt. Now type chkdsk /r (NOT chkdsk/r but chkdsk space /r) and press return (enter). This means run a program called check disk and repair any faults found on the hard drive. Sorry but we have not yet finished because I am now going to assume that your Windows Loader file is corrupt and it is this that is causing your BSOD message.

First of all you need to have your C prompt sitting at the root directory of your hard drive. This can be achieved by typing cd c:\
We need to rename your corrupt loader file by typing ren ntldr ntldr.old – did you get an error message? If so you might not be at the root directory so try cd c:\ again and then rename the ntldr file.
Now we must copy your good original loader file from the Recovery CD and put it back into the root directory of your hard drive. For this exercise I am going to assume that your CD drive is drive D but it could be drive E or even F so replace the D in my instructions with your own CD drive letter. Here goes:
Copy D:\i386\ntldr c:\

In English – Copy SPACE D:\i386\ntldr SPACE c:\
Now reboot your system – good luck.
Ok the BSOD error is UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_DRIVE (or something like that's

And as for safe mode I cannot acces thae either I still get the BSOD restart

And cannot run recovery disk or my install disk all I get is a black screen with just my cursor

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register