Unsolved PLEASE HELP LINUX TO WINDOWS 10

• Thread starter Except Haxs
  • Start date
  • Views 406
E

Except Haxs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so ive been experiencing problems with kali linux 2.0 and ive decided its finally time to go back to windows as alot of companys such as skype update compatibility for windows more often than for linux. also there are a large variety of more useful tools im interested in using for xbox modding. When i created a boot usb and tried booting from it, it wast found in my boot menu. i read some articles and tried booting the usb from grub manually using the command line. This is where i got confused, i dont want to add a menu entry and chainloader +1 returns with invalid signature no matter what i change or what commands i enter before. could someone please tell me what commands to type into the command line. Please and thank you for your help =)

Operating System
  1. Linux
M

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Well I'll start by saying that the biggest issue to me is that you are using Kali Linux. This distro is really only intended for pen testing and it isn't designed as a distro that is supposed to be used for daily tasks. I understand that Kali is based on debian and can really be modified to do anything, but I think you will have a much better experience with a distro that has better out-of-the-box software and repos.

If you are set on switching back to Windows, you need to create the USB then boot to it from your BIOS. Don't boot to the USB through GRUB, just set the USB as your primary boot device and it will be very easy to install Windows that way.

E

Except Haxs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i cant change the boot sequence in my bios, if i insert my usb, the bios doesnt find it. when i enter ls i get : hd0,gpt2 hd0,gpt1 hd0,gpt3 hd1

E

Except Haxs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i cant change the boot sequence in my bios, if i insert my usb, the bios doesnt find it. when i enter ls i get : hd0,gpt2 hd0,gpt1 hd0,gpt3 hd1
ok, i changed the boot order to usb cd/dvd hardrive and network but grub loads when i choose usb. Ive booted from this usb to install kali but idk why i cant boot from it now :/

L

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Reaction score
ok, i changed the boot order to usb cd/dvd hardrive and network but grub loads when i choose usb. Ive booted from this usb to install kali but idk why i cant boot from it now :/
I've found booting Windows from a disc avoids most problems, I could never get Windows to boot from USB, I think the USB didn't allow the first boot sector to be written so it was never identified as an OS. But if you burn to a disc using Imgburn or something similar you'll run into less problems.

S

Sc0ttyLAD

Banned
Reaction score
Never had a problem booting from USB, as long as your MOBO allowed to boot from USB, you're good to go.
Make sure the USB is actually bootable, though. you can use rufus or alike.

Top Bottom