Solved Please help how to lock xbox hdd without xbhdm

• Thread starter Jackudawg
  • Start date
  • Views 9,868
J

Jackudawg

Reaction score
Sin$
OK so, a couple years ago I accidentally unlocked hd and then got the usual error 05. Now, I tried to lock with xboxhdm but my computer doesn't like to run xboxhdm so that's out of the equation. Now the thing about my modded original xbox is that my uncle gave it to me with 2 hd's. The original hd which was stock default (guessing it was used to install the softmod, upgrade the hd, and then remove the softmod) and the softmodded 500gb hd. Now my xbox will run the stock hd completely fine, but the modded hd just gives me error 05 so no use. I'm wondering if there is any way without using a computer to lock my modded hd and let me use it again. I saw on chimp 2.6 (the program made for upgrading your hd) that you can lock the slave drive, and I'm wondering if I can softmod the stock hd, get chimp onto it, hook the modded hd into the slave drive and lock it like that.
Basically I have 1 xbox that functions with 2 HD's. One is not modded and locked, runs fine. The second is a different modded one that's unlocked with THAT specific xbox

If there's no possible way to do what I said above, I have a cousin with a modded xbox. As a last resort, would there be any way I could clone the data from his hd and then put it in my xbox without opening his xbox up? Like through FTP? I know there's a program on the modded xbox OS that lets you FTP two xbox's, so if nothing else works would I be able to mod my stock hd, upgrade it to a bigger one, and then copy all the data through xbox ftp? If that doesn't work, I think I'd just FTP all his files to my PC and then ftp those files to my new stock hd.

CyrusDevX

CyrusDevX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
chimp is the hdd clone tool. if so u need to get ur 2nd hdd ready by setting the jumper to slave. And then after u do a full softmod on the origninal hdd and have that running. load chimp off that hdd, but before doing so, make sure the new slave mode drive is connected on the ide slave port " the dvd drives connection ". then either using a molex Y cable splitter to power the 2nd hdd or the host pc from before molex connector. So 1st hdd modded and ready to run chimp > disconnect the dvd drive ide socket and plug in the 2nd hdd > supply power to 2nd hdd > run chimp clone to the slave drive > once cloning is done LOCK the slave drive. After all that, disconnect the 1st hdd and replace it with the 2nd, reconnect the dvd drive and set the hdd jumper to master. reboot :biggrin: 
Oh and do the disconnecting of the dvd and connecting of the 2nd hdd while its running. shouldnt cause any probs. maybe try to power the 2nd drive first "molex cable" then plugin the ide socket. most of the plugging and unplugging is done while running. but follow what i said. ALWAYS REMEMBER TO LOCK YOUR HDD AFTER CLONING AND HDM. OR NO BOOT.

Basically use chimp from your original XBOX HDD follow what i said up there, and it should relock the larger hdd fixing your issues 100%

sand1303

sand1303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i always used the slayers auto installer disk. it will lock or unlock any hard drive. i got a disk but i don't know if u can find a download for it anywhere these days

Xx360xX Sniper

Xx360xX Sniper

Reaction score
Sin$
i always used the slayers auto installer disk. it will lock or unlock any hard drive. i got a disk but i don't know if u can find a download for it anywhere these days

I just downloaded and made a disc about 3-4 weeks ago. Just found it today, so no results to see if it is working or not. Im sort of in the same situation except one of my Xboxs HDD files got corrupted causing error messages. Im running the full HDD rebuild/install deal now. If it works ill figure out where I found the download.

Xx360xX Sniper

Xx360xX Sniper

Reaction score
Sin$
We'll the CD worked to restore a dead hard drive (from corrupted system files and error 21). So its good to go. I still can't figure out where I downloaded it but you can mostlikely search for it. It is probably on this site or available else where on the web.

Top Bottom
Login
Register