Solved Please Help Burning 360 Backups

• Thread starter OpiumSmoke
  • Start date
  • Views 4,527
O

OpiumSmoke

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, i am a ps1,ps2,ps3,wii,computer & every other hacker besides xbox 360 I took my modern warfare 2 special edition xbox 360 to get flashed by somebody to play "backed up games". I am getting sick and tired of buying games from this person and having to ask them to burn it for me. I have no idea what Xecuter or the firmware xbox drives use...

I want to burn xgd3 games as well as xgd2 & My only main good and reliable computer is my 15 inch Macbook Pro, which i run Bootcamp on. I do not have a disc drive on this mac. I have two usb 3.0 ports, a card reader, hdmi and two thunderbolt ports. On the upside my mac is very fast and reliable and not garbage.

I know i need a special drive to burn xbox 360 games. Can someone send me an Amazon link to buy a drive that is not EXTREMELY expensive that will get the job done.. Also, i do not own a PC. So i would need a way to convert that drive to hook up to my usb port. Im assuming IDE or SATA to USB cord? Does that exist? If i do that will it be recogized too on my Bootcamp windows?

Could i use these two things on Windows via Bootcamp and burn xdg3 games?

Vantec NST-536S3-BK NexStar DX USB 3.0 External Enclosure for SATA Blu-Ray/CD/DVD Drive

And also..

Sony Optiarc AD-5290S-PLUS w/ OverBurn

I am familiar with Abgx360.
I am not familiar with BurnerMax
I am familar with IMGBurn.
There is way too many iHAS and i have no idea what that is.

Can someone please explain the best course of action i can take and shoot me in the right direction? I greatly appreciate all help. I am a noob when it comes to microsoft and xbox.

Thanks so much!

EDIT - "It almost seems barbaric to be doing this in 2018. Success"

0x9TgzL

Last edited:
Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, i am a ps1,ps2,ps3,wii,computer & every other hacker besides xbox 360 I took my modern warfare 2 special edition xbox 360 to get flashed by somebody to play "backed up games". I am getting sick and tired of buying games from this person and having to ask them to burn it for me. I have no idea what Xecuter or the firmware xbox drives use...

I want to burn xgd3 games as well as xgd2 & My only main good and reliable computer is my 15 inch Macbook Pro, which i run Bootcamp on. I do not have a disc drive on this mac. I have two usb 3.0 ports, a card reader, hdmi and two thunderbolt ports. On the upside my mac is very fast and reliable and not garbage.

I know i need a special drive to burn xbox 360 games. Can someone send me an Amazon link to buy a drive that is not EXTREMELY expensive that will get the job done.. Also, i do not own a PC. So i would need a way to convert that drive to hook up to my usb port. Im assuming IDE or SATA to USB cord? Does that exist? If i do that will it be recogized too on my Bootcamp windows?

Could i use these two things on Windows via Bootcamp and burn xdg3 games?

Vantec NST-536S3-BK NexStar DX USB 3.0 External Enclosure for SATA Blu-Ray/CD/DVD Drive

And also..

Sony Optiarc AD-5290S-PLUS w/ OverBurn

I am familiar with Abgx360.
I am not familiar with BurnerMax
I am familar with IMGBurn.
There is way too many iHAS and i have no idea what that is.

Can someone please explain the best course of action i can take and shoot me in the right direction? I greatly appreciate all help. I am a noob when it comes to microsoft and xbox.

Thanks so much!
Alrighty so here's a list of compatible DVD Drives that work with the BurnerMax Payload Tool:
Code:
Liteon IHAS 124-B
Liteon IHAS 224-B
Liteon IHAS 324-B
Liteon IHAS 424-B
Liteon IHAS 524-B
Liteon IHAS 624-B
Liteon IHAS 124-C
Liteon IHAS 324-C
Liteon IHAS 524-C
Liteon IHAS 124-D
Liteon IHAS 524-D
Liteon IHAS 524-E
Liteon IHAS 122-B
Liteon IHAS 122-C
Liteon IHAS 124-E
Liteon IHAS 322
LITE-ON iHAP 122-04C
LITE-ON DH-16ABSH11B
ASUS DRW-24B1 ST/LT rev.B (crossflashable to Lite-ON iHAS)
ASUS DRW-24B3 ST/LT rev.B(crossflashable to Lite-ON iHAS)
ASUS DRW-24B1 ST/LT rev.C
ASUS DRW-24B3 ST/LT rev.C
DELL DH-16ABS (crossflashable to Lite-ON iHAS)
HP DVD1270i rev. B (crossflashable to Lite-ON iHAS)
HP DVD1260i rev. B (crossflashable to Lite-ON iHAS)
HP DVD1260i rev. C (reportedly still a re-badged Liteon).
HP DVD1270i rev. C (reportedly still a re-badged Liteon)
Plextor PX-L890SA (crossflashable to Lite-ON iHAS)
TEAC DV-W524GSB (crossflashable to Lite-ON iHAS)

There are two drives that work without needing to use BurnerMax, which are:
Sony Optiarc 5280S-CB PLUS
Sony Optiarc 5280S-CB Robot

I saw that you listed the Sony Optiarc AD-5290S-PLUS, however I'm not 100% sure on if that one works the same as the two older ones I listed above.

As for the IHAS models - The Revision B was the one that started all this.
You were able to flash the firmware on the DVD Drive, allowing you to write the entire ISO to a disk.
But LiteOn stopped making/fixed them in newer revisions, so good look finding a Rev B for under $100.

So Team-Xecuter came out with the BurnerMax Payload Tool - I'll assume you did your research, so I'll keep it simple.
All you do is open the program, click enable, wait literally 2 seconds, and reload the disk in ImgBurn.

Now, the ones I listed above in the spoiler are all compatible with that program.
You can pick any one of those for it to work 100%.

With the Bootcamp method you'll be using - It should work no problem.
Whichever Drive you decide to pick will fit in the enclosure, so there won't be any issue there.
As long as it actually shows up as the Physical Drive, then you'll definitely be good to go.

Let me know if you have anymore questions, or if I missed one.

O

OpiumSmoke

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you so much for replying man. I think I found a better solution. Can I buy one of those drives you mentioned and use a SATA adapter with a power supply that would make the optical drive in turn USB 3.0 Compatible!

Can you tell me which one would fit?
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=DVD+Drive+SATA+Adapter+5.25&rh=n:172282,k:biggrin:VD+Drive+SATA+Adapter+5.25

Description:
https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Serial-ATA-Internal-Optical-DRW-24B1ST/dp/B0033Z2BAQ

ASUS 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM Optical Drive
A Green Environment for Now and the Future
The ASUS DRW-24B1LT / 24B1ST is capable of reading and writing data on DVD±R/±RW, DVDRAM formats. It is a power saving drive and allows you to permanently delete the data on re-writable discs. This provides you with flexibility and efficiency in terms of multimedia data storage and sharing.
E-Green (Energy Green Engine)
The innovative drive E-Green Engine technology features an E-Green Mode that automatically closes drive applications when not in use to help conserve energy - helping the environment by decreasing CO2 emissions and reducing the depletion of trees.

I want this one, please tell me it works, also I want the adapter instead of an enclosure. Id save TONS of cash. I prefer to buy an ASUS that doesn't need flashing by iHAS just burnermax.

Please take a look at these links, they match
ASUS DRW-24B3 ST/LT rev.B (crossflashable to Lite-ON iHAS)

(Which one is the best out of these, I prefer not to flash firmware (unless its easy as pie and better than the other drives)

Do you know what DVD Drive is the BEST and will work with burner max. All of the names match up. I do not know where to find revision number.

EDIT - "It almost seems barbaric to be doing this in 2018. Success"

Special Thanks to n00bert and everyone else for the help!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you so much for replying man. I think I found a better solution. Can I buy one of those drives you mentioned and use a SATA adapter with a power supply that would make the optical drive in turn USB 3.0 Compatible!

Can you tell me which one would fit?
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=DVD+Drive+SATA+Adapter+5.25&rh=n:172282,k:biggrin:VD+Drive+SATA+Adapter+5.25

Description:
https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Serial-ATA-Internal-Optical-DRW-24B1ST/dp/B0033Z2BAQ

ASUS 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM Optical Drive
A Green Environment for Now and the Future
The ASUS DRW-24B1LT / 24B1ST is capable of reading and writing data on DVD±R/±RW, DVDRAM formats. It is a power saving drive and allows you to permanently delete the data on re-writable discs. This provides you with flexibility and efficiency in terms of multimedia data storage and sharing.
E-Green (Energy Green Engine)
The innovative drive E-Green Engine technology features an E-Green Mode that automatically closes drive applications when not in use to help conserve energy - helping the environment by decreasing CO2 emissions and reducing the depletion of trees.

I want this one, please tell me it works, also I want the adapter instead of an enclosure. Id save TONS of cash. I prefer to buy an ASUS that doesn't need flashing by iHAS just burnermax.

Please take a look at these links, they match
ASUS DRW-24B3 ST/LT rev.B (crossflashable to Lite-ON iHAS)

(Which one is the best out of these, I prefer not to flash firmware (unless its easy as pie and better than the other drives)

Do you know what DVD Drive is the BEST and will work with burner max. All of the names match up. I do not know where to find revision number.

NOTE: I am sorry I can't link, please get back to me :/
Hey sorry for the late reply, make sure you hit the "Reply" button under my post, that way I get an alert if you respond to me :smile:

These two should work fine together:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CINXPZS
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014PEP3E4

The Teac DVD Drive is cross-flashable with BurnerMax, so that way you don't have to keep using the program.
The USB adapter would connect on the right side of the adapter to the back of the DVD Drive, and should work as soon as you plugin.

Lemme know if you have anymore questions :smile:.

O

OpiumSmoke

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey sorry for the late reply, make sure you hit the "Reply" button under my post, that way I get an alert if you respond to me :smile:

The Teac DVD Drive is cross-flashable with BurnerMax, so that way you don't have to keep using the program.
The USB adapter would connect on the right side of the adapter to the back of the DVD Drive, and should work as soon as you plugin.

Last edited:
Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow you are the best man! i assumed CROSS-FLASSHABLE drives were a no-no, what does that mean? how is it an advantage? & Also don't optical drives need power i seen another one too on amazon i'll link that. Do i need any euiqpment to flash my drive with BUrnerMax?

Wow you are the best man! i assumed CROSS-FLASSHABLE drives were a no-no, what does that mean? how is it an advantage? & Also don't optical drives need power i seen another one too on amazon i'll link that. Do i need any euiqpment to flash my drive with BUrnerMax?
So pretty much, if you got one of the drives that weren't cross-flashable, every time you went to burn a game you'd have to use the BurnerMax Tool to enable the full burn.

If you get a drive that is cross-flashable, you write the modified firmware to the drive making it modified permanently, and you don't have to use the program. So then when you go into ImgBurn, it's already ready to go :smile:.

O

OpiumSmoke

Reaction score
Sin$
So pretty much, if you got one of the drives that weren't cross-flashable, every time you went to burn a game you'd have to use the BurnerMax Tool to enable the full burn.

If you get a drive that is cross-flashable, you write the modified firmware to the drive making it modified permanently, and you don't have to use the program. So then when you go into ImgBurn, it's already ready to go :smile:.

Dude thats awesome thank you so much, i was just playing mw2 the other day and mised it so bad. I HAVE NO DVD BURNERS either. Also, do i need anything extra to flash the Firmware? (tools) or just software? & Is there something better in terms of speed, reliablitiy, and just all well-rounded everything thats better than the
Teac DV-W524GSB that also has prime shipping lol (thats fine either way) i am about to click checkout. I did find another adapter that looked i guess 20% higher quality for 3 bucks more i'll buy either and show you. If anything amazon is refunding me. I still really want an ASUS DRW-24B3 ST/LT, this is cross-flashable as well! but nowhere lists it as rev B or C! which makes a huge difference. I am glad i did not order. Thanks again! I need to start tut reading again and working on my bootcamp on Windows.

O

OpiumSmoke

Reaction score
Sin$
I just went ahead and ordered Verbatims, the TEAC, & the adapter. Wish me luck! Its so hard to find these drives for sale anymore! i hope its a decent drive.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
O

OpiumSmoke

Reaction score
Sin$
Here's a really helpful guide on how to Cross Flash the firmware:
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/87381-Crossflash-Rebadged-Drives-to-ihas-x24-B

Let me know if you need any help with it when you get the stuff! :smile:

Very helpful, that seems so explanatory. However, what does it mean by "PowerCycling your drive after doing the procedure" does this mean plug and unplug. Unmount & Mount. They weren't very Clear! & Also again one last time

1. When i flash the customer firmware i never have to open up BurnerMax again, all i would need to do is use abgx, & imgBurn?

2. Do you have any suggestions on LEGIT Torrents for xbox isos (my mac has no disc drive, i cannot rip my collection in the meantieme

3. My Verbatims & Adapter has shipped!, it is arriving tuesday. Here are some pics, did i do good?

4. I want to purchase a Xbox 360 Slim. Someone offered me one a 250gb one + all accesories and games. He sent me a photo of the serial number and all info. I restored my phone and lost it. However, i do remember it was manufactured sometime in Feb or March of 2012. What Xbox Slims are RGH Hackable? & Where can i get one? would gamestop be a better option? Is their a timeframe in which you can't do it to a slim if its past a certain date?

Thanks so much again, i appreciate all the replies for me being a noob at this.

Last edited:
Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Very helpful, that seems so explanatory. However, what does it mean by "PowerCycling your drive after doing the procedure" does this mean plug and unplug. Unmount & Mount. They weren't very Clear! & Also again one last time

1. When i flash the customer firmware i never have to open up BurnerMax again, all i would need to do is use abgx, & imgBurn?

2. Do you have any suggestions on LEGIT Torrents for xbox isos (my mac has no disc drive, i cannot rip my collection in the meantieme

3. My Verbatims & Adapter has shipped!, it is arriving tuesday. Here are some pics, did i do good?
-https://imgur.com/KNjjGp1
-https://imgur.com/YpYjPNh

4. I want to purchase a Xbox 360 Slim. Someone offered me one a 250gb one + all accesories and games. He sent me a photo of the serial number and all info. I restored my phone and lost it. However, i do remember it was manufactured sometime in Feb or March of 2012. What Xbox Slims are RGH Hackable? & Where can i get one? would gamestop be a better option? Is their a timeframe in which you can't do it to a slim if its past a certain date?

Thanks so much again, i appreciate all the replies for me being a noob at this.
Yeah that pretty much just means power off, and power on - or unplug, replug.

1. Yep! Just ABGX to patch the ISO, and ImgBurn to burn it.
  2. I wouldn’t be able to suggest any place outside of the Premium forums on Se7ensins, unfortunately that’d be against the rules - Sorry.
  3. I couldn’t really see the Verbatim clear enough, but you wanna make sure that it says 2.4x on it, instead of 8x. The reason being, if you burn the game at 8x speed, it has a higher chance of messing up, resulting in an unplayable game error. But at 2.4x speed, it’ll usually always be successful.
  4. Every single Slim is RGHable, except for the latest Winchester motherboard. I forget the specific MFR Date cutoff, but if it’s June 2014 or higher, it’s most likely a Winchester. But if you get the normal Slim, everyone of them is RGHable.
This is what the 2.4x packaging looks like:
f4002175-1d3c-4a7d-8e88-9bc974f17b4e_1.11eef3bb457d372c57828ad32535c967.jpeg

O

OpiumSmoke

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah that pretty much just means power off, and power on - or unplug, replug.

1. Yep! Just ABGX to patch the ISO, and ImgBurn to burn it.
  2. I wouldn’t be able to suggest any place outside of the Premium forums on Se7ensins, unfortunately that’d be against the rules - Sorry.
  3. I couldn’t really see the Verbatim clear enough, but you wanna make sure that it says 2.4x on it, instead of 8x. The reason being, if you burn the game at 8x speed, it has a higher chance of messing up, resulting in an unplayable game error. But at 2.4x speed, it’ll usually always be successful.
  4. Every single Slim is RGHable, except for the latest Winchester motherboard. I forget the specific MFR Date cutoff, but if it’s June 2014 or higher, it’s most likely a Winchester. But if you get the normal Slim, everyone of them is RGHable.
This is what the 2.4x packaging looks like:
f4002175-1d3c-4a7d-8e88-9bc974f17b4e_1.11eef3bb457d372c57828ad32535c967.jpeg

Sweet man, thanks for answering those questions! but wow i feel bummed out now, because that is such a sublte difference in packaging! Nobody informed of this even in tutorials :frown: I also assumed that if it could burn up to 8x then you could write it at 2.4x, 4x, 6x, and MAX would be 8x. I guess i was wrong... when i get it i'll try it out for sure and report back. I might just tell amazon that they made a mistake lmfao.. that the seller put up the wrong pic or description. I feel stupid smh. Also, Verbatims are #1 in the disc industry.. is their a #2 competitor on the market that is a little cheaper?

Have you ever RGH Hacked a console?
- Do i need to use this: Xecuter CR4 XL for 360 SLIM & PHAT! RGH2+/RJTAG+/JTAG
- Do i need this aslo: J-R Programmer V2 (I'm assuming they go hand and hand ^ also to dump nand etc)
- I was thinking of buying an Original PS2 with everything included and softmod it. (thoughts)
- I am also going to buy a Xbox 360 Slim Glossy or Matte whichever comes with lowest disc space (is it user replaceable or no) i have multiple drives laying around. How much do they go for and what should i look for?
- Do you need to use different 30AWG colored wires to install a RGH hack? such as red for power and white for another function or just one spool of same colored wire?

Thanks, i will continously keep you updated and try to get new disks damn :/ I also gotta download my game backups. How much is premium. Is it really worth it. For me to buy premium i would want 3mbs per second for gb files and no wait times.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Sweet man, thanks for answering those questions! but wow i feel bummed out now, because that is such a sublte difference in packaging! Nobody informed of this even in tutorials :frown: I also assumed that if it could burn up to 8x then you could write it at 2.4x, 4x, 6x, and MAX would be 8x. I guess i was wrong... when i get it i'll try it out for sure and report back. I might just tell amazon that they made a mistake lmfao.. that the seller put up the wrong pic or description. I feel stupid smh. Also, Verbatims are #1 in the disc industry.. is their a #2 competitor on the market that is a little cheaper?

Have you ever RGH Hacked a console?
- Do i need to use this: Xecuter CR4 XL for 360 SLIM & PHAT! RGH2+/RJTAG+/JTAG
- Do i need this aslo: J-R Programmer V2 (I'm assuming they go hand and hand ^ also to dump nand etc)
- I was thinking of buying an Original PS2 with everything included and softmod it. (thoughts)
- I am also going to buy a Xbox 360 Slim Glossy or Matte whichever comes with lowest disc space (is it user replaceable or no) i have multiple drives laying around. How much do they go for and what should i look for?
- Do you need to use different 30AWG colored wires to install a RGH hack? such as red for power and white for another function or just one spool of same colored wire?

Thanks, i will continously keep you updated and try to get new disks damn :/ I also gotta download my game backups. How much is premium. Is it really worth it. For me to buy premium i would want 3mbs per second for gb files and no wait times.
Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, you can make a modified file that you can write to your DVD Drive that'll force it to write at 2.4x, instead of the 8x. But I can help you with that personally when you get all the stuff :smile:
I'm not sure if there's really a #2, but if I had to pick a name, it'd probably be Memorex.
  1. Definitely don't waste your money on a CR4.
    If you get a Phat Xbox: CoolRunner Rev C
    If you get a Slim Xbox: Ace v3

The reason I say don't get a CR4 is because of the price, as well as the outcome.
    Don't get me wrong, they're amazing little chips for what they are - But you can get the same outcome/boot speed from a chip that costs 1/3 of the price.
  2. Yes, you'll need a JR Programmer v2 for every Phat motherboard (Xenon, Zephyr, Opus, Falcon, Jasper).
    You'll also need the JR Programmer for a Trinity, Corona v1, v3, and v5.
    If you get a Corona v2, v4, or v6, you'll need a 4GB R/W Kit.
  3. I've never soft modded a PS2 before, so I don't really have any thoughts on the subject :tongue:
    But If you can get a cheap PS2, definitely give it a shot!
  4. You can replace the Hard Drive in them, there's a program called HddHackr.
    Here's a really great guide on how to do it:
    [Click here to view this link]

Make sure you hit the spoiler to see which HDD Model works.
  5. Color of the wire doesn't matter, but the AWG does.
    However, you shouldn't need to worry about it.
    The CoolRunner Rev C, as well as the Ace v3 comes with the wires you'll need to install the chip with.
    The JR Programmer v2 also comes with its own set of cables.
All the links in Premium are Mega, so your download speed will be maxed out.
However, Mega has a download cap for free users, which is 5GB if I remember correctly.
So 1 game will get interrupted mid-way during the download due to the cap.
But Premium also has a bunch of other stuff in it, not just Xbox games.

If you're just interested in Xbox Games - Google "xbox 360 iso downloads" and the first link result will have any game you can think of.

Let me know if you have other questions! :smile:

O

OpiumSmoke

Reaction score
Sin$
Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, you can make a modified file that you can write to your DVD Drive that'll force it to write at 2.4x, instead of the 8x. But I can help you with that personally when you get all the stuff :smile:
I'm not sure if there's really a #2, but if I had to pick a name, it'd probably be Memorex.
  1. Definitely don't waste your money on a CR4.
    If you get a Phat Xbox: CoolRunner Rev C
    If you get a Slim Xbox: Ace v3

The reason I say don't get a CR4 is because of the price, as well as the outcome.
    Don't get me wrong, they're amazing little chips for what they are - But you can get the same outcome/boot speed from a chip that costs 1/3 of the price.
  2. Yes, you'll need a JR Programmer v2 for every Phat motherboard (Xenon, Zephyr, Opus, Falcon, Jasper).
    You'll also need the JR Programmer for a Trinity, Corona v1, v3, and v5.
    If you get a Corona v2, v4, or v6, you'll need a 4GB R/W Kit.
  3. I've never soft modded a PS2 before, so I don't really have any thoughts on the subject :tongue:
    But If you can get a cheap PS2, definitely give it a shot!
  4. You can replace the Hard Drive in them, there's a program called HddHackr.
    Here's a really great guide on how to do it:
    [Click here to view this link]

Make sure you hit the spoiler to see which HDD Model works.
  5. Color of the wire doesn't matter, but the AWG does.
    However, you shouldn't need to worry about it.
    The CoolRunner Rev C, as well as the Ace v3 comes with the wires you'll need to install the chip with.
    The JR Programmer v2 also comes with its own set of cables.
All the links in Premium are Mega, so your download speed will be maxed out.
However, Mega has a download cap for free users, which is 5GB if I remember correctly.
So 1 game will get interrupted mid-way during the download due to the cap.
But Premium also has a bunch of other stuff in it, not just Xbox games.

If you're just interested in Xbox Games - Google "xbox 360 iso downloads" and the first link result will have any game you can think of.

Let me know if you have other questions! :smile:

• I feel so stupid for ordering the 8x Verbatim :/ nobody warned me about this.. Is there a possible way to flash something on the drive that would support this? My Verbatims + My Adapter is coming tomorrow. Hopefully if i am lucky Feb 28th, my drive should come. If i'm not. it will be in the first few days of march :frown:. I have prime but hat drive wasn't prime enabled. i am still greatful though. Can you link me on how to flash to work with those verbatims. I am setting up everything and downloading my Backups in the meantime.
  • I own Tekken 6, however. I hear something about waves like 4 or 6 and other stuff like that and LT+ or whatever? how can i check what model i have. Do newer games have even more protection or am i safe? Just a brief description would be great. Also, i wish Xbox used Blu-Rays, life would be so much easier!
  • If these Verbatims do not work, i am telling amazon that the seller changed the post or made a mistake (they look EXTREMELY similar, the description was legit off too!) So i hope they just ship me the right ones...& Oh man hey, if they both work i will still say this and get 50 Discs instead of 25! for the price of one. I have been a long time prime member. If all else fails im going to get Memorex :/ I can't afford much more.
  • I want to buy an xKey, the NAND Dumping is expensive. Can i get someone with those tools do just do it for me? I'll only just be doing it on my extra 360. Then i have half the tools and need to buy some more just for the xKey process.
  • Also i am very puzzled! my drive on my consle 87% of the time gets stuck and i have to pry it out or smack the top of the console while its laying flat then it will finally eject (when a disc is in though, it always ejects) anyone know the cause? ALSO, my PHYSICAL eject button does not work AT ALL, you will here the click but it does not initiate anything such as a eject sound. I ordered a opening tool and torx screwdrivers... Does anyone have any clues/theories of what might be happening here? i'd love it to be a simple clean problem or a connection for the eject button not plugged in. Insight would be great!
Here are some pics of my console!

Can RGH/JTAG work on this console?

Last edited:
Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
  • I feel so stupid for ordering the 8x Verbatim :/ nobody warned me about this.. Is there a possible way to flash something on the drive that would support this? My Verbatims + My Adapter is coming tomorrow. Hopefully if i am lucky Feb 28th, my drive should come. If i'm not. it will be in the first few days of march :frown:. I have prime but hat drive wasn't prime enabled. i am still greatful though. Can you link me on how to flash to work with those verbatims. I am setting up everything and downloading my Backups in the meantime.
  • I own Tekken 6, however. I hear something about waves like 4 or 6 and other stuff like that and LT+ or whatever? how can i check what model i have. Do newer games have even more protection or am i safe? Just a brief description would be great. Also, i wish Xbox used Blu-Rays, life would be so much easier!
  • If these Verbatims do not work, i am telling amazon that the seller changed the post or made a mistake (they look EXTREMELY similar, the description was legit off too!) So i hope they just ship me the right ones...& Oh man hey, if they both work i will still say this and get 50 Discs instead of 25! for the price of one. I have been a long time prime member. If all else fails im going to get Memorex :/ I can't afford much more.
  • I want to buy an xKey, the NAND Dumping is expensive. Can i get someone with those tools do just do it for me? I'll only just be doing it on my extra 360. Then i have half the tools and need to buy some more just for the xKey process.
  • Also i am very puzzled! my drive on my consle 87% of the time gets stuck and i have to pry it out or smack the top of the console while its laying flat then it will finally eject (when a disc is in though, it always ejects) anyone know the cause? ALSO, my PHYSICAL eject button does not work AT ALL, you will here the click but it does not initiate anything such as a eject sound. I ordered a opening tool and torx screwdrivers... Does anyone have any clues/theories of what might be happening here? i'd love it to be a simple clean problem or a connection for the eject button not plugged in. Insight would be great!
Here are some pics of my console!

Can RGH/JTAG work on this console?

1. Yeah, I said in my earlier reply that we can create a modified file to force it to burn at 2.4x.
    I'll help you with that on Team Viewer or something.
  2. I'm not really sure how to explain this properly, because it really isn't a big deal nowadays.
    So there's XGD2, and XGD3, which is Xbox Game Disk 2 or 3.
    Older games are on XGD2, or Wave 1-20.
    Newer games are on XGD3.

The latest firmware for DVD Drives is LT+ 3.0 - If you're on that, you can play every game that was released for the Xbox 360.
    There's not really a way to "check" which firmware you have, without playing a burnt game.
    If you go to ABGX's website:
    http://abgx360.xecuter.com/verified.php

You can see all the way on the right which Wave the game is, after you search for the game name.
    But like I said, you really shouldn't have to worry about this anymore.
    LT+ 3.0 was released at the end of 2011, so if you got your drive flashed between 2012 - Today, then you'll be on LT+ 3.0.
  3. They should be fine regardless, after we flash the modified speed file.
  4. Yeah, plenty of people do free Key retrievals.
    Also, the XK3Y would 100% be the way to go.
    Burning games is extremely annoying, and ends up costing a lot.
    You could return everything you just ordered and buy the XK3Y :biggrin:.
  5. That was always a problem on the Phat Xbox 360, it'd just get stuck and there's not much you can do to fix that.
  6. The MW2 edition is 100% RGHable.
    It's a guaranteed Jasper, which is the best Phat motherboard.
    If you want to go the RGH route, I can RGH it free for you if you want - You'd just have to pay shipping :smile:.

O

OpiumSmoke

Reaction score
Sin$
I ****ed up so big time man, i have the worst luck. My disc tray on my console jams.. So i decided to pull it out shut off the power and let it stay open. I tried to clean the belt and gears then it SLAMMED shut. Oh man after that it took two hours to pry it out without breaking anything.. Then i tried 3 more hours to get the belt situated again smfh. (Holding a phone flashlight + an xbox console and using mediorcore tools to try and get into place while you have like 1 inch of room to work with was frustrating. I ****ed it all up. Now i have to wait longer, spend more money. I think i am going to buy one of those tool kits to open the xbox on the back, but is their an alternative? because i can easily just run to the store and buy two torx screwdrivers.. Which ones do i need however? I know a Torx 10 and a Torx 8, some people mention a flathead but they come in different sizes. Any ideas? Ontop of having bad luck, ****ing UPS "claimed" they delivered my disc + adapter and left it on my porch! are you seirous? Now i have to deal with that, working, and my phone ALSO ****ed up. my Nexus 6p finally died on me and i had to purchase a Galaxy S8+. Im wasting a lot of money right now smfh... & also thank you for always replying and helping me on this scene.

1. Thank you so much, you don't have to go to so much lengths. It is appreciated.
2. My xbox got flashed literally a year + half ago
3. I think i will return everything honestly. All the trouble and money i am spending (ESPECIALLY SINCE I HAVE a 80gb drive, 120gb drive, 500gb drive, and a 3TB drive just sitting around!)
4. That's amazing, i would pay for whatever the xKey and the other tool is + shipping + a little extra for your time. Where do you live?

(It says in your profile new jersey, if i purchase everything. I'll come to you, what part do you live in? or you can come to me or meet somewhere half-way) PM me the details

O

OpiumSmoke

Reaction score
Sin$

The post office is delaying me so much! my console is working again.... i was reading one of your tuts?

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...im-burner-max-payload-burn-games◄◄▬█.1150969/

After i cross-flash, BURN ISOS WITH IHAS or BURN ISOS WITH PAYLOAD?
and when i cross-flash my drive. Do i open BurnerMax once or i don't need it at all?
Thanks! I would've had all my stuff days ago.. hopefully it will be only about 3 more!

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The post office is delaying me so much! my console is working again.... i was reading one of your tuts?

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...im-burner-max-payload-burn-games◄◄▬█.1150969/

After i cross-flash, BURN ISOS WITH IHAS or BURN ISOS WITH PAYLOAD?
and when i cross-flash my drive. Do i open BurnerMax once or i don't need it at all?
Thanks! I would've had all my stuff days ago.. hopefully it will be only about 3 more!
You would follow Burn ISOs with IHAS.
You don't need BurnerMax Payload at all.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

So did i do well? Verbatims should arrive tommorrow. Then the adapter on Saturday. Sunday i will need your help if you can spare it :smile:

Yep that should be cross-flashable.
I'll let you know when I'm available, but it is fairly easy to do by yourself, if you don't feel like waiting.
My next day off is Tuesday, so that'd be the best time for me :tongue:

Top Bottom
Login
Register