What's new

Solved PLEASE HELP! after flashing nand and soldering modchip in, xbox not powering on

• Thread starter josiah79
  • Start date
  • Views 1,571
J

josiah79

Reaction score
Sin$
So I attempted to do an RGH 1.2 on my falcon xbox 360, it was my first time soldering (i know this was a mistake) but I wanted to RGH my xbox but I didn't want to pay extra for someone else to do it when I could just attempt it myself. My soldering skills was pretty bad, it took me 2 days until I finally finished because I couldn't solder certain points and I tried for hours until I gave up and finished the next day. The nand flashing was pretty easily, it was difficult to solder in the JR Programmer, but I got it done and got 3 matching nand dumps so all was well, I then created and wrote ecc to the console, all with no errors or red flags at all. So I know it has nothing to do with the nand flashing and is something to do with the soldering and glitch chip. Then once i unsoldered the JR programmer and soldered in the CR3 Lite. This is where it started to go bad, I accidentally lifted the POST_OUT(FT6U1) pad after attempting to solder it multiple times with no luck, I eventually tried to solder it to the trace and it wouldn't stick well, any movement to the wire would unsolder it. I then burned the CPU_CLK point pretty bad, I had to solder it to an alternate point. But other than that the other points soldered and sticks fairly fine. I then try to boot the console, it wont boot, the green led on the console turns on and the fan turns on like normal, but there is no picture on the tv and the chip stays lit green(no flashing). So I try to check and resolder the points but now when I boot it, there no green light or rrod on the xbox at all, the power brick stays orange, no fan spin. The console appears completely dead but is receiving power, as the glitch chip is lighting up red, but there's no more green light on it anymore. What do I do? I am trying to avoid sending it in to anyone if it is something I can do at home, because I don't have much money and pretty much spent it all on the equipment needed to RGH my xbox.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So I attempted to do an RGH 1.2 on my falcon xbox 360, it was my first time soldering (i know this was a mistake) but I wanted to RGH my xbox but I didn't want to pay extra for someone else to do it when I could just attempt it myself. My soldering skills was pretty bad, it took me 2 days until I finally finished because I couldn't solder certain points and I tried for hours until I gave up and finished the next day. The nand flashing was pretty easily, it was difficult to solder in the JR Programmer, but I got it done and got 3 matching nand dumps so all was well, I then created and wrote ecc to the console, all with no errors or red flags at all. So I know it has nothing to do with the nand flashing and is something to do with the soldering and glitch chip. Then once i unsoldered the JR programmer and soldered in the CR3 Lite. This is where it started to go bad, I accidentally lifted the POST_OUT(FT6U1) pad after attempting to solder it multiple times with no luck, I eventually tried to solder it to the trace and it wouldn't stick well, any movement to the wire would unsolder it. I then burned the CPU_CLK point pretty bad, I had to solder it to an alternate point. But other than that the other points soldered and sticks fairly fine. I then try to boot the console, it wont boot, the green led on the console turns on and the fan turns on like normal, but there is no picture on the tv and the chip stays lit green(no flashing). So I try to check and resolder the points but now when I boot it, there no green light or rrod on the xbox at all, the power brick stays orange, no fan spin. The console appears completely dead but is receiving power, as the glitch chip is lighting up red, but there's no more green light on it anymore. What do I do? I am trying to avoid sending it in to anyone if it is something I can do at home, because I don't have much money and pretty much spent it all on the equipment needed to RGH my xbox.
You would've saved money by sending it to someone in the first place, just so you're aware.

If you burnt/lifted the original STBY_CLK, that is why your Xbox is "dead". Once that point is broken, you have to fix it before you go to the alternate.

J

josiah79

Reaction score
Sin$
You would've saved money by sending it to someone in the first place, just so you're aware.

If you burnt/lifted the original STBY_CLK, that is why your Xbox is "dead". Once that point is broken, you have to fix it before you go to the alternate.
Well how do I fix it

zeekiel

zeekiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Upload pics of your points. Did you use flux(can never use enough it's used to help cure solder as well as a protectant)
But as Noobert said if your clk/b point is burnt or broken trail xbox won't get power could also be a bridge of a power to ground as well

J

josiah79

Reaction score
Sin$
Upload pics of your points. Did you use flux(can never use enough it's used to help cure solder as well as a protectant)
But as Noobert said if your clk/b point is burnt or broken trail xbox won't get power could also be a bridge of a power to ground as well
I left the wires for the Jr programmer soldered just in case I needed to reflash something or anything. Could that also cause the Xbox to not power on? The 3V3 and point C became undone and won’t go back on.

Last edited:
Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I left the wires for the Jr programmer soldered just in case I needed to reflash something or anything. Could that also cause the Xbox to not power on? The 3V3 and point C became undone and won’t go back on.

You Need To Trim Does Edges Man.

And By The Looks Of It You Didn’t Use Any Flux.

Top Bottom
Login
Register