Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
EV4we5I.jpg

I will be keeping this thread updated with all of the latest info regarding free games and discounts for PS+ members on the PS4.
Feel free to PM me if I miss anything and I'll be glad to add it.

Don't forget the PS3 and Vita get free games too!

December [NA & EU]

Injustice: Gods Among Us – Ultimate Edition

Secret Ponchos

Cross-Buy Titles

Titan Attacks!

Last edited:
Red_Devil

Red_Devil

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
EV4we5I.jpg

I will be keeping this thread updated with all of the latest info regarding free games and discounts for PS+ members on the PS4.​
Feel free to PM me if I miss anything and I'll be glad to add it.​
Don't forget the PS3 and Vita get free games and great deals too!​
(US)
N/A

No PS4 games this month. :frown:

(EU)
N/A

Resogun
10579412215_b1d55eb56e_n.jpg

Contrast
10579690613_aabccde1d8.jpg

Does day one edition of PS4 have any other bonuses? Like the Xbox one's achievement etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Red_Devil

Red_Devil

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

Ahh well, never mind. All these debates about Xbox One running at max is only 720p and PS4 is 1080p, is it really bad? How much was the 360 running at? As long as its an improvement then it's ok I suppose!

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ahh well, never mind. All these debates about Xbox One running at max is only 720p and PS4 is 1080p, is it really bad? How much was the 360 running at? As long as its an improvement then it's ok I suppose!

The Xbox One doesn't "max" at 720p. Forza 5 is running 1080p/60fps.

The issue is that the X1 uses a complicated ESRAM system to make up for the slow speed of the DDR3 memory. While the PS4 uses straight GDDR5 RAM (what PC graphic cards use).
Basically, the PS4 is easier to program for, much like how the Xbox 360 was this gen.

For first party games like Forza and Ryse (very surprised DR3 is only 720p/30fps) they should have no problem outputting 1080p, and/or 60fps and look great, since they have the time to work and focus on the X1's more complicated architecture. However, 3rd party games (CoD, Battlefield, ect) will not look as good on the X1 as they will on the PS4.

Will this be a problem the whole entire generation? Maybe.
Sure the tools for the X1 will improve over time, but you can only assume the PS4 tools will improve just as much if not more (since it's a simpler system).

Now, the 50% more power with the PS4 will show through no matter how good the X1 gets. For example, Ryse, the X1's graphical showcase, only runs at 900p/30fps. While Killzone: Shadow Fall funs at 1080p/60fps (multiplayer) and imo looks far better. The Dark Sorcerer Demo Quantic Dream showed off (I suggest you check it out) was running on the same PS3 engine used for Beyond: Two Souls, just tweaked slightly to run on the PS4. As amazing as that tech demo is, they can do miles better with tools made specifically for the PS4.

In the end, both systems will produce games that look far better than anything we've seen this gen, but the PS4 will just be able to do it better and easier.

Red_Devil

Red_Devil

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The Xbox One doesn't "max" at 720p. Forza 5 is running 1080p/60fps.

The issue is that the X1 uses a complicated ESRAM system to make up for the slow speed of the DDR3 memory. While the PS4 uses straight GDDR5 RAM (what PC graphic cards use).
Basically, the PS4 is easier to program for, much like how the Xbox 360 was this gen.

For first party games like Forza and Ryse (very surprised DR3 is only 720p/30fps) they should have no problem outputting 1080p, and/or 60fps and look great, since they have the time to work and focus on the X1's more complicated architecture. However, 3rd party games (CoD, Battlefield, ect) will not look as good on the X1 as they will on the PS4.

Will this be a problem the whole entire generation? Maybe.
Sure the tools for the X1 will improve over time, but you can only assume the PS4 tools will improve just as much if not more (since it's a simpler system).

Now, the 50% more power with the PS4 will show through no matter how good the X1 gets. For example, Ryse, the X1's graphical showcase, only runs at 900p/30fps. While Killzone: Shadow Fall funs at 1080p/60fps (multiplayer) and imo looks far better. The Dark Sorcerer Demo Quantic Dream showed off (I suggest you check it out) was running on the same PS3 engine used for Beyond: Two Souls, just tweaked slightly to run on the PS4. As amazing as that tech demo is, they can do miles better with tools made specifically for the PS4.

In the end, both systems will produce games that look far better than anything we've seen this gen, but the PS4 will just be able to do it better and easier.

Easier to understand than most of the stuff going round, thanks :smile:

D4rkD4ni

D4rkD4ni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i was wondering it says only one person on the console needs to have PS Plus right? so what if you use a friends account on your console with PS Plus?

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
i was wondering it says only one person on the console needs to have PS Plus right? so what if you use a friends account on your console with PS Plus?

As long as the account is linked to your console, everyone on the console will gain PS+ benefits.

What I'm curious about is if say I have a US account with PS+ on my console, then make a EU account.
Would I also get all the free EU games too? Hopefully, EU tends to get better games!

D4rkD4ni

D4rkD4ni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As long as the account is linked to your console, everyone on the console will gain PS+ benefits.

What I'm curious about is if say I have a US account with PS+ on my console, then make a EU account.
Would I also get all the free EU games too? Hopefully, EU tends to get better games!

Dang thats a great idea! i already have a jap and chinese account too haha

RiJaCo

RiJaCo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you need Playstation Plus to play online on PS4? I just saw this quoted on their site but I just don't know!

Online Multiplayer

How do you make great games even better? Add friends. Or enemies. Pick your team, your club or your clan and create your own legend using a sophisticated, intuitive network built for gamers.
Join PlayStation Plus and you'll be able to dive into action-packed multiplayer experiences on PS4. The world is waiting.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you need Playstation Plus to play online on PS4? I just saw this quoted on their site but I just don't know!

Online Multiplayer

How do you make great games even better? Add friends. Or enemies. Pick your team, your club or your clan and create your own legend using a sophisticated, intuitive network built for gamers.
Join PlayStation Plus and you'll be able to dive into action-packed multiplayer experiences on PS4. The world is waiting.

Yes, except f2p games. They do not require you to have a PS+ subscription.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
How do you know if they're F2P or not?

If you can download/play the game for free. :tongue:
f2p = Free to Play
These are the only f2p games right now.

DC Universe Online
Warframe
Blacklight Retribution

I believe War Thunder (another f2p game) has been released in EU, but not US yet (it will soon). We also have Deep Down and Planetside 2 coming soon, both f2p aswell. :smile:

run632

run632

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

Online Multiplayer

Ps+ is worth the money just for cloud backups .saves having to restart the entire game if your save goes wrong on the hdd.
You also get some good free games,xbox fanboy moaned at me for buying ps+. saying you are now forced to use it to play on psn,not bad From a xbox gold member that :smile:.
The free games each month are also a big bonus,a lot better selection on ps3 then there was on 360..

Top Bottom
Login
Register