What's new

Discussion PlayStation Network Is Back Online

Tvcker

Nv ManStake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The news cones from gaming and games industry forum NEOGAF, where forum-goer Kagari reporting that he’s been told by a few developers that PSN is back online – at least for their testing purposes. Access from the outside work is still a no-go.

Okay, so this was mentioned in the old thread by a QA tester and since then I have had other developers confirm to me that this is the case. The internal PSN developer network is online again, at least it seems for some, although things are still a bit shaky at the moment such as lack of new account sign up.

Looks like the full network, at least the online play/account part of it, will be back soon.

Sony’s PSN and Qriosity services have been offline for a matter of weeks now, after a series of hacking attacks caused the Japanese firm to pull the plug. Information coming out of Sony has been sketchy at best, though they have denied the security breach was due to outdated software running on the company’s servers.

Sony had previously said only that they hoped to have PSN back up and running by the end of May – hopefully this latest news is a sign they are starting to get to grips with the task of returning service to the network’s 77 million-plus users.

Marino HD

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
That sub title was sneaky ha.

E

EmperialD3mon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Omg Dude, I just came and saw the title and my heart stopped ! but when I read the sub-title it started back.

g-ranthill5

g-ranthill5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess whos excited... This guy! haha i kinda hope psn comes up after im done w/ finals tho cuz ive been actually doing homework and studying since its been down lol

Tpcify

Tpcify

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you gave people hear attacks now.

Raid

Raid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that the Call of Duty: Black Ops map pack will be worked on during this time.

David Vanderhaar announced on Twitter, their status of the Escalation map pack. Which was 0% complete.

S

Scottuk

Reaction score
what are sony actually doing rebuilding the security? im reeally missing it lol

B

BeansTown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
shoulda jus wrote sub in title but o well that bald guy arleady said by today at some point..

O

ollie0987

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its so obvious that PSN is going to be hacked again

ODonnell

ODonnell

Hold Strong
VIP
Retired
MotM Mr. Nice Guy End of the Year 2013
Reaction score