• Thread starter SYN1ST3R
  • Start date
  • Views 944
SYN1ST3R

SYN1ST3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A person in the Playstation MVP program that is beta testing the new 2.50 firmware has leaked the new features. 2.50 is rumored to come out at the end of March or sometime in April. Source

LngrTYt.png
co5FKU1.jpg

Main Features

• The system can now enter rest mode without closing any applications. You can adjust this setting in [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode].
  • [Accessibility] has been added to [Settings]. You can adjust accessibility settings such as zooming and button assignments.
Trophies

• You an now delete trophies with 0% achievement progress.
  • [Earned Date], [Not Earned], and [Grade] have been added as sorting options for trophies. You can also sort by [Earned Date] and [Not Earned] options when comparing trophies with other players.
  • You can now search the Internet for details about trophies from the options menu in [Trophies].
  • Screenshots of scenes when you earn trophies are now saved automatically. You can view saved screenshots in [Capture Gallery].
  • You can now share trophy details and screenshots. Select the trophy you want to share details about in [Trophy], and then press the Share button.
Share Play

• You can now test the host’s connection speed when starting Share Play.
  • You can now enjoy Share Play at 60 fps. A host in a party can adjust the setting in [Party Settings] > [Video Quality for Share Play] > [Frame Rate].
  • A user who is running version 2.50 or earlier on their system cannot use Share Play with someone who is running version 2.50 beta on their system. Users who are both running system software version 2.50 beta can enjoy Share Play.
Other

• Users who are your Facebook friends can now be displayed in [Players You May Know].
  • You can now send real name requests in addition to Friend requests to users who are currently not on your Friends list.
  • You can now apply a shadow style for text in [Themes].
  • You can now enter up to 140 characters for your self-introduction.
  • If you enter 22 characters or more for your self-introduction, only 21 characters will be displayed on a PS4 system running system software version earlier than 2.50.
  • You can now use the touch pad to operate playback of videos on discs.
  • [Discover] has been added to introduce users to PS4 system features. You can view information about features in [Notifications] > [Discover].
  • Remote Play cannot be used with a PS Vita system running version 3.35. A system software update for the PS Vita (to be released later) is required.

yodudeillboost

yodudeillboost

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm still waiting for USB video playback... Xbox One already has it :frown:

i had doubts that ps4 would ever get it but if xbox one did, i dont see how they cant implement it now on ps4

SYN1ST3R

SYN1ST3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Because consoles are the only way to play videos from USB :confused:

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
  • [Accessibility] has been added to [Settings]. You can adjust accessibility settings such as zooming and button assignments.

is this where i can change buttons to another button ? like, my R2 isnt working in gta so if i change R1 to R2 it would work.

Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Programmer Bug Finder TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
"The system can now enter rest mode without closing any applications. You can adjust this setting in [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode]."

This one is actually really nice, and really the only one I'm excited for. The other thing that's handy is the ability to delete 0% games (*cough* free-to-play *cough*). One thing I'm skeptical about is the automatic screenshots. I hope there is an option to turn it off. I don't like it taking screenshots automatically at all. Finally, "Friends you may know" being populated by Facebook friends will be a mess. As of right now, I have 300+ "Friends you may know" due to being friends with some guys with insanely long Friends Lists. I'm hoping it'll include some sort of tag (eg. "From Facebook") to differentiate the two.

Overall, I think it's a pretty comprehensive list. In my opinion, it isn't all that great, but some features will come in handy. Now... When will Music Unlimited be replaced by Playstation Music w/ Spotify? :tongue:

Cipher85

Cipher85

Galm 1 Engage
Reaction score
Sin$
why only 0%? its annoying.. i have tons of games id like to delete.. kids plays on ps4 and earn like 1 or 2 trophies and damn i hate those indigo crap games...

SYN1ST3R

SYN1ST3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

is this where i can change buttons to another button ? like, my R2 isnt working in gta so if i change R1 to R2 it would work.
That's what people are hoping. System button remapping would mean you can remap the buttons on any game, because it's done through the system and not via the game. Great feature!

No ****ING Bluetooth support once again. F U Sony!
Really? I have a few friends that use Bluetooth headsets. I also have used a Bluetooth keyboard with no problems.

MysteriousFortune

MysteriousFortune

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I honestly wish we had that trophy feature on the PS3. Since I haven't played that many PS4 games yet, well haven't 100% completed, I can't use that feature if we really do get it.

But overall, it seems like a great firmware update.

sand1303

sand1303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
the whole rest mode feature seems pretty nice. i have an xone and don't know if it does it because i hardly use it

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
the ps blog posted something about this few days ago (im a bit late)
here is the post [very important stuff in red]

While developing the PlayStation 4 system, our hardware and software teams relied on feedback from our community of developers. The result is the most innovative and forward-thinking gaming console in the market today. Since launch, PlayStation has continued that trend of listening to feedback by bringing some of the most highly requested features from the PlayStation Nation to PS4 with each of our system software updates. When we unveiled PS4 two years ago, we announced Suspend/Resume, a feature that would enable PS4 users to jump in and out of their games faster than ever. This has been a feature gamers have been excited about since then, and today I am honored to officially confirm that system software update 2.50, “Yukimura,” will soon deliver Suspend/Resume, as well as a number of other requested features to PS4.

Suspend/Resume, which will be supported by nearly all PS4 titles, will create an atmosphere where your games are immediately available at any time — just pick up your DualShock 4 wireless controller, hit the PS button and get right back into the action of your games. When it’s time to log off, simply put your PS4 in Rest Mode and when you power up the next time, you’ll start your game where you left off. Spend less time getting into your games and more time playing them.

Here are some of the other highly requested new features and changes coming soon in “Yukimura:”

• Sub-account to Master account Upgrade: Users with a sub-account will now be able to upgrade to a master account directly from their PS4 when they turn 18, removing restrictions for chat, enabling users to fund their own wallet, make purchases and more. Currently, users can upgrade their sub-accounts online athttps://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.
  • Facebook Friend Search: Gamers globally have jumped into PS4 as a redefined social gaming experience and connecting with friends over the network is a huge part of what makes the PS4 community so special. PlayStation now lets you go even bigger by connecting with your Facebook friends on PS4 using your linked account. Search for Facebook friends who are PlayStation Network members and build on the foundation of Friends you already have in your list.
  • Remote Play & Share Play at 60 fps: For games that support 60 fps, the ability to customize the frame rate of Remote Play and Share Play will be added with “Yukimura.” Play to your bandwidth strengths and use this option to stream gameplay at 60 or 30 fps when using Remote Play or Share Play on supported devices.
  • Accessibility Options: “Yukimura” introduces a wide variety of options to make their PS4 entertainment experience even more accessible. Options include text to speech, enlarged text, bolder fonts, higher contrast UI, zoom for displayed pictures, invert colors on screen and more. Users will also be able to reassign buttons for DualShock 4, making it easier for users with limited manual dexterity or limited reach and strength to play.
  • Trophy Improvements: We have received a ton of feedback to improve Trophies. In “Yukimura,” a screenshot will automatically be captured at the moment a Trophy is earned, making it easier than ever for you to share your greatest gaming moments with your friends. We’re also adding more sorting options along with the new ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion.
  • Share Video Clips to Dailymotion: When sharing standout PS4 moments via the Share button on DualShock 4, “Yukimura” will allow players to upload directly to Dailymotion.
Stay tuned for more information on “Yukimura” and, as always, let us know in the comments how we can continue to improve PS4 to make it the best place to play.

Top Bottom
Login
Register