• Thread starter MicrosoftSam
  • Start date
  • Views 1,029
MicrosoftSam

MicrosoftSam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, I had a flashed drive back in 09 and I had a fair amount of games. I don't feel like downloading them again. I would want to use them but I'm worried that I'm I might get banned in the next ban wave. So would there be anyway to check if they were ok? If not do you think

Side questions

Could someone explain to me how to update the drive to not get banned?

Can you play live if you get a JTAG (heard that somewhere and got confused)? and how do you do the new hack?

Please answer the Backup question first...

Styx

Styx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, I had a flashed drive back in 09 and I had a fair amount of games. I don't feel like downloading them again. I would want to use them but I'm worried that I'm I might get banned in the next ban wave. So would there be anyway to check if they were ok? If not do you think

Side questions

Could someone explain to me how to update the drive to not get banned?

Can you play live if you get a JTAG (heard that somewhere and got confused)? and how do you do the new hack?

Please answer the Backup question first...
Well, I do not know much about flashing, but I can answer your JTAG question...

You cannot right now take JTAGs online, unless you devise your own method, which will be tough.

Also, the way to do the new hack is for Premium Members only right now, so if you want the method, get Premium :wink:

Styx

Styx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks! And do you know how to get free XBLA games without a JTAG?
Also in premium. But Microsoft has found a way of detecting it, so the chances of a ban are almost 100%. I wouldn't recommend it. Offline though, on a console that you never take online, you'll be fine.

Str8UpWhite64

Str8UpWhite64

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I can't get free XBLA/DLC? without getting banned.
You can buy them with points and then get the points back using this tutorial.-> http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/391064-get-your-microsoft-points-back-from-m-and-keep-the-item/

For your question regarding your flashed drive; it definatley needs to be updated to the newest LT+. It all depends on the drive you have, but i believe none except lower versions of Hitachi are safe online at the moment. They cannot check for AP2.5 so there would be no need to redownload your games. Any other drive and you will need to wait until LT v2.0 comes out, i believe. 1.91 might be safe. Any questions you have about the flashing process or issues with it can be answered here. -> http://jungleflasher.net/chat.html
Or you can read their tut, download here. -> http://hotfile.com/dl/125980443/c03de4b/jftut1.4.3.rar.html

MicrosoftSam

MicrosoftSam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Woah, that was kinda confusing...

So let me get this clear

1. My drive isn't save to go online with?

2. I should wait till LT 2.0 ( I'm on 1.91) to play my old backups?

3. and lastly what do you mean about 1.91 might be safe, like what is it safe for?

MicrosoftSam

MicrosoftSam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ahhhhhh I read somewhere I can play online and now your making me confused!

Can someone just answer this question?

Do you think it's okay to play the old backups... and can I play them online?

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I can play backups fine...

You have a Hitachi then. If you aren't running an LT firmware, you might already be flagged if you updated to the kinect dash. Depending on which ROM version you have, your drive may skip a lot of the checks.

MicrosoftSam

MicrosoftSam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So you don't think I'm flagged? Thanks you for your support...plus rep!

EDIT: How would I avoid banwaves?

and what about my old backups?

Thanks so mush for sticking through with me...I'm a noob

MicrosoftSam

MicrosoftSam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright Thanks! +rep

So one of my old Backups, Resident Evil 5 (Wave 2 game) Would be fine to play if I patch it? Or would I just have to download again, patch, then burn.

Top Bottom
Login
Register