What's new

Solved Playing ISO from external HDD

• Thread starter johnestan
  • Start date
  • Views 6,303
J

johnestan

Reaction score
I've just successfully R-JTAGed my falcon 360 and installed both Xexmenu and freestyle dash. I've been running ixtreme on my 360 for about a year. So I already have all my games backuped and stealth patched as iso files. I only have a 120GB xbox HDD so I want to play all the iso files off a 1TB external HDD and scroll though them in Freestyle Dash. I've also read several things about converting ISOs to GODs and was wondering if there is any advantage to doing this. Any help would be great.

B

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Since the console will only recognize a FAT32 drive, you will not be able to keep the ISOs in that format (max file size for FAT32 is 4GB). That being said, you will have to transfer the ISOs, then either convert them to GOD, or break the container and have them in raw format. The problem with GOD is that you will be limited to 32GB (without using FATX Explorer) to use them as GODs. The simplest method would be extract the raw files and put them back on the HDD. FSD will find the defaults and display them to you in the games menu (when you set up content paths correctly).

O

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Reaction score
If you want to extract the ISOs to the raw files I recommend 360MPGUI or Xbox 360 Image Browser.

K

Kite

How do you high?
Reaction score
Since the console will only recognize a FAT32 drive, you will not be able to keep the ISOs in that format (max file size for FAT32 is 4GB). That being said, you will have to transfer the ISOs, then either convert them to GOD, or break the container and have them in raw format. The problem with GOD is that you will be limited to 32GB (without using FATX Explorer) to use them as GODs. The simplest method would be extract the raw files and put them back on the HDD. FSD will find the defaults and display them to you in the games menu (when you set up content paths correctly).

Do not forget that some iso's are not recognized as xbox iso's so you won't be able to just extract the raw files in it. This usually happens when there are the video and audio folder with a xex only.

B

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Do not forget that some iso's are not recognized as xbox iso's so you won't be able to just extract the raw files in it. This usually happens when there are the video and audio folder with a xex only.

I have never had one like that. All games can be extracted down to their raw files using exiso or any other xbox ISO program.

K

Kite

How do you high?
Reaction score
I have never had one like that. All games can be extracted down to their raw files using exiso or any other xbox ISO program.

Let me screenshot what i am talking about.

J

johnestan

Reaction score
Got it working. Thanks for all the help

Top Bottom