What's new

Playing games off USB not working

wcdean217

wcdean217

Reaction score
Sin$
I seem to be doing something wrong when trying to play games off my usb. I download the iso then extract using software into a new folder on my desktop. Now, on some games, when I plug in my usb to the back of my xbox, it takes a minute for the usb to pop up. Then when I try to access the folder with the game, the folder files have totally changed from what was originally transferred. There is no longer a default.xex file or any other of the original files. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or steer me in the right direction? Thanks!

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I seem to be doing something wrong when trying to play games off my usb. I download the iso then extract using software into a new folder on my desktop. Now, on some games, when I plug in my usb to the back of my xbox, it takes a minute for the usb to pop up. Then when I try to access the folder with the game, the folder files have totally changed from what was originally transferred. There is no longer a default.xex file or any other of the original files. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or steer me in the right direction? Thanks!
How are you trying to view the files on your xbox 360? XeXMenu?

wcdean217

wcdean217

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, what I do is turn my xbox on. Open xexmenu then plug in my USB containing the game folders with the default.xex file. Then after a little bit, the xbox will recognize my usb and show me my folders. I click on the game folder but the files have changed and non are listed anymore. However this is occuring only on some games and not others. could it be caused by a bad iso file I'm getting.

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Modder Frame In Gold Pumpking
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, what I do is turn my xbox on. Open xexmenu then plug in my USB containing the game folders with the default.xex file. Then after a little bit, the xbox will recognize my usb and show me my folders. I click on the game folder but the files have changed and non are listed anymore. However this is occuring only on some games and not others. could it be caused by a bad iso file I'm getting.
It more or less sounds like not everything is extracting, that or the usb is a Chinese knockoff you are using or the usb is corrupted. What brand usb is it is the main question. If its unbranded and unnamed then its most likely a fake usb as in labeled as say 32gb and its actually a 16gb or lower but reads as say a 32gb usb. I've had my fair share of those lol.

wcdean217

wcdean217

Reaction score
Sin$
That may actually be the solution. It's a 2 TB usb stick that un labeled i got offline. Don't remember where though. What Ima try and do is use a external harddrive and just put the games on there.

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Modder Frame In Gold Pumpking
Reaction score
Sin$
That may actually be the solution. It's a 2 TB usb stick that un labeled i got offline. Don't remember where though. What Ima try and do is use a external harddrive and just put the games on there.
Yep it's a fake.

Top Bottom
Login
Register