Playing Games off HDD?

Discussion in 'Original Xbox' started by Xx Fiend xX, Nov 27, 2008 with 6 replies and 462 views.

1. Xx Fiend xX

Xx Fiend xX Newbie

Ratings:
    Well I decided to dust off the old original xbox.. decided I wanted to try something new, playing original xbox games off the HDD...

I need some help doing this without making a disc

I have an ISO of the game (should it be an ISO, or what kind of file?)

I think Ive read somewhere that you can do it with XBMC, but I couldnt find out how..

so any help?

I just made the Games folder... but when I start up the xbox and go to "games" under the modded dash, the game doesnt show up

I tried opening it up through the file explorer, which I never really hoped to work anyways..

and I tried using XBMC to play it, but no luck...

I did try some of the tuts on here, one of them had a picture tutorial.. which showed up too small for me, even when I clicked it to show the full size

2. David5534

David5534 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    It can't be an iso, you need all the game files in the games folder.

3. OP
    Xx Fiend xX

Xx Fiend xX Newbie

Ratings:
    alright thanks, can I use an ISO program to turn it from an ISO into the original files?
    or do I just need to find a download that isnt an ISO?

4. David5534

David5534 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    you might be able to, depending on how the iso was made.

5. OP
    Xx Fiend xX

Xx Fiend xX Newbie

Ratings:
    well I couldnt really find an ISO extractor to get the files out... I tried Daemon Tools, becuase I saw a post that said something about it, and you can right click the file and do "explore" and take out the files or something... but I never had the "explore" option.. and I couldnt really do anything with the program

Does anyone know if I can use Dvd2Xbox to run ISO files? or do I still need it to be all the files?

6. NicksMods

NicksMods Contributor

Ratings:
    yes dvd to xbox will work...if your using a disc

7. Gerbil201

Gerbil201 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    go to thepiratebay.org and look for the program PowerIso it is the best one out there and its free. just download it and you'll be amazed