• Thread starter The Hybrid
  • Start date
  • Views 5,374
The Hybrid

The Hybrid

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Since everywhere I look on the Internet, the latest information is years old, I've finally decided I have no other choice but to ask here:

Is it possible to play GameCube backups on a black Wii (not the latest one that had GC support taken out) with the latest firmware from an HDD?

I feel like I've tried it all, CMIOS, DIOS MIOS, DIOS MIOS BOOTER, etc. but to no avail. If someone could give me a straightforward answer, I'd really appreciate it.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I would like to know the same I have gotten normal wii games to work but not gamecube.

Upvote 0
Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont think it is possible. I think Waninkoko said it was because GC games lack all usb support, so it would not be able to find any files for the game.

I DO know that USBLoader GX recently updated and allows GC games from an SD card, not sure about HDD

Upvote 0
Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont think it is possible. I think Waninkoko said it was because GC games lack all usb support, so it would not be able to find any files for the game.

I DO know that USBLoader GX recently updated and allows GC games from an SD card, not sure about HDD
Could I trouble you for link please.:smile:

Upvote 0
preston556

preston556

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Swiss also works for SD loading gamecube games. I use it in combination with a Wiikey memory unit.

Upvote 0
Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm able to load both GC and Wii games through a USB device. :tongue:

Upvote 0
Top Bottom