Solved Playing a 360 game on your PC.. Possible?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by Novaa, Jun 29, 2009 with 27 replies and 709 views.

1. Novaa

Novaa Member

Ratings:
    Well, I know you can't get your PC to connect to a XBL server, but apperently you can get it to play a 360 game..
    The Emulator Zone - XBox Emulators
    Had a read at that aswell, you can also get your 360 controller to connect to your PC [MS released software for it]
    Would it be possible to get your disc drive to read a 360 game though?
    Thanks.

2. jdcx95

jdcx95 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That's an original Xbox.

3. Mast3rrModder

Mast3rrModder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I doubt this is possible, the xbox runs a certain type of disc, and so does the PC. So there's pretty much no way I know of where it would work. That's like trying to play a PS3 game on the 360.

• Like Like x 2
  4. gcnd0001

gcnd0001 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Your PC wouldn't be able to run the games.

5. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Not possible with current emulators or current PCs... eventually it will be possible Im sure, but not now or anytime soon

6. Blu3 1ightning

Blu3 1ightning Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i bet if you had a 360 emulator and hooked up a spare 360 drive to your pc you could probably run it but i dont know

7. jdcx95

jdcx95 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well no **** but there aren't any 360 emulators. Plus it would be too slow to play. Your PC does not have the power.

8. EclipseModz

EclipseModz VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Your compuer would not be able to handle a 360 game. Period...

9. Blu3 1ightning

Ratings:
    what makes you think that? im sure a pc could handle it and expecially a good gaming computer. maybe even my pc but i wouldnt want to anyways because it defeats the purpose of haveing a 360

heres a picture of my specs
    [​IMG]

10. xXTwisteDXx

xXTwisteDXx Enthusiast

Ratings:

pssht gaming my *** my laptop has 2.6 ghz

11. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    lol. No

• Like Like x 1
  12. dschu012

dschu012 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you really believe your computer can handle a Xbox 360 game (if there was an emulator), try using an emulator for some of the older (more advanced) systems and see if you computer can even handle those smoothly. I doubt it would be able to emulate original Xbox games smoothly.

13. SpEaRs

SpEaRs Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Not Possible Currently. Wait and maybe in the future.

14. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    do you even know the basics behind an emulator? You know, there's a reason the Dolphin emulator has a ****ing difficult time trying to emulate even a decently populated area in *insert GC game here* at the mere ~480hz the processor normally runs at using my beastly dual-core at 4.72. The thing about emulation is that it takes the raw machine code and it has to emulate EVERY INSTRUCTION. this means that it takes dozens of cycles to emulate the approximation for the single instruction cycle that it's reading. Of course there's ways to optimize this, but still performace is horrendous. Then you take into the fact that a 360 utilizes 3 cores at 3.2ghz ea, meaning that natively the processor is more powerful than your wimpy dual-core, let alone trying to emulate the entire thing. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN FOR A LONG TIME.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blu3 1ightning

Ratings:
    lol im not into trying to do this i just said it would maybe be possible *IF* there were a 360 emulator and you hooked up a 360 drive to your pc.also i will run an original xbox emu and see how it runs. also my processor is not a whimpy dual core it is a core 2 quad. it has *4* cores but yes they are only at 2.34ghz so its probably not the best but its better than alot of dual cores i would say

16. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    No just no. Your not going to be able to run a original xbox game smoothly and a 360 game would probably melt your pc..

17. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Why would you need to hook a 360 drive up... Im 100% sure an emulator would be able to unpack the ISO by itself

18. mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    All of the other emulators I have used that need disks unpacked the disks. I dont see why not. An application just to unpack ths xbox 360 disks would make copying so much easier. Has anyone figured that out yet? Or is it still complicated.

19. Blu3 1ightning

Ratings:
  20. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    I doubt it. Its not going to run it smooth. But i guess your just to hard headed even though you have basically every single person in this thread saying you can't and even an explanation telling you why...