What's new

Solved Play Original Xbox Games without an internal HDD

• Thread starter Seeburschbanause
  • Start date
  • Views 204
S

Seeburschbanause

Reaction score
I am going to RGH my Trinity Console. I saw that you need to have an internal HDD to create a HDDX partition. But I don't have one. Is there any other way to create the HDDX partition? Like on the internal memory (the 4GB one, that only Trinitys have) or on an external HDD?

Last edited:
S

Slim Shady

Live In Your World M0D IN OURS
Retired
Reaction score
not possible but since you have an RGH you can put in any 2.5 HDD and should work i would get a 500gb-1tb if you are planning to put a ton of stuff on it. i would go minimum 150gb

S

Seeburschbanause

Reaction score
not possible but since you have an RGH you can put in any 2.5 HDD and should work i would get a 500gb-1tb if you are planning to put a ton of stuff on it. i would go minimum 150gb
My JR Programmer V2 and my Matrix V1 are on the way. I think I will use my HDD from my PS4 since it is dead.

S

Slim Shady

Retired
Reaction score
My JR Programmer V2 and my Matrix V1 are on the way. I think I will use my HDD from my PS4 since it is dead.
there's a good install video byTheWeekendModder he goes into great detail about everything.

S

Seeburschbanause

Reaction score
there's a good install video byTheWeekendModder he goes into great detail about everything.
I watched a ton of 'how to solder' videos and also some TWM Guides. I hope I don't mess anything up. It looks easy and hopefully it will be when I get my chips.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched a ton of 'how to solder' videos and also some TWM Guides. I hope I don't mess anything up. It looks easy and hopefully it will be when I get my chips.
Videos looks easy. You must practice.

S

Slim Shady

Retired
Reaction score
I watched a ton of 'how to solder' videos and also some TWM Guides. I hope I don't mess anything up. It looks easy and hopefully, it will be when I get my chips.
I know when I tried my jasper v2 install I lifted a pad and once you lift a pad you either have to scratch off the trace and solder to it or find an alternative point. trust me I thought I could do it but that happened and I just let someone more experienced do it (one of my family members) but practice on a few junk boards first is definitely the way to practice for a beginner.

S

Seeburschbanause

Reaction score
I know when I tried my jasper v2 install I lifted a pad and once you lift a pad you either have to scratch off the trace and solder to it or find an alternative point. trust me I thought I could do it but that happened and I just let someone more experienced do it (one of my family members) but practice on a few junk boards first is definitely the way to practice for a beginner.
Did it even lift with flux or did you use any flux?

S

Seeburschbanause

Reaction score
Would you say if I practice like 10 minutes or something like that on a scrapboard, and feel comfortable, I should go on into RGHing the Console? Because I don't own a soldering iron and for this process I'm going to borrow the one my friend owns. I don't want to waste his time practicing on a scrapboard for 30 minutes before I get into the real deal.

S

Slim Shady

Retired
Reaction score
Would you say if I practice like 10 minutes or something like that on a scrapboard, and feel comfortable, I should go on into RGHing the Console? Because I don't own a soldering iron and for this process I'm going to borrow the one my friend owns. I don't want to waste his time practicing on a scrapboard for 30 minutes before I get into the real deal.
sure you can do that also remember don't put it on a very high temp as that will lift a trace if your not careful also use flux

S

Seeburschbanause

Reaction score
sure you can do that also remember don't put it on a very high temp as that will lift a trace if your not careful also use flux
I plan to set the temp on like 300°C - 350°C. Or should I stick to 300°C?

S

Slim Shady

Retired
Reaction score
I plan to set the temp on like 300°C - 350°C. Or should I stick to 300°C?
350 should be fine just remember DONT hold the soldering iron on the pad for too long 350 should be safe to for you.

S

Seeburschbanause

Reaction score
350 should be fine just remember DONT hold the soldering iron on the pad for too long 350 should be safe to for you.
Alright, thank you. I can hold a bit longer on the ground point, because it dissipaits more heat than usual, right?

S

Slim Shady

Retired
Reaction score
Alright, thank you. I can hold a bit longer on the ground point, because it dissipaits more heat than usual, right?
yes that is right just watch how TheWeekendModder does the process and you should be set.

S

Seeburschbanause

Reaction score
Okay, thank you very much for your advice!

Top Bottom