• Thread starter jo15765
  • Start date
  • Views 6,706
jo15765

jo15765

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What do I need to do to be able to play mp4 files on my RGH? Can someone please provide assistance and a tutorial to follow? THANKS!

snafu

snafu

Retired
Retired
Hidden Devils
A Milli Programmer Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Try a different mp4 file, I had the same problem with a movie that worked on my PC but not on my Xbox.

jo15765

jo15765

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When I click on storage and choose my hard drive, i do not see an "update." I see, games and apps, profiles, demo, video, themes, gamer pictures, avatar items, system items and music 
Under system items i see:
Optional Media Update 432 KB
Optional Media Update 5MB

And a few other things

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Depending on the encoding, not all files are playable on the 360. If you use a media server such as Tversity or Servio on your computer, you can stream them to the 360 as they use on the fly transcoding to something the 360 can play.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
If I recall I think I'm using free servio right now, but tversity just got a major update. Been wanting to try it out, just not pay for it.

TheWeekendModder

TheWeekendModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Plex also offers a DLNA server option that works great, then you can also install the Plex app on a ton of other devices as well. Just a thought.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Which version of tversity? The older pro versions where problematic on those certain files. Like I said, I haven't tried the latest yet either. I use servio and it works with 99% of files. Still the occasional error, butbworks most of the time.

Top Bottom
Login
Register