Solved Play MP4 On RGH

• Thread starter jo15765
  • Start date
  • Views 4,266
J

jo15765

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do I need to do to be able to play mp4 files on my RGH? Can someone please provide assistance and a tutorial to follow? THANKS!

S

shinda

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Put the mp4 on a usb and go to the system video player.

S

shinda

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Try a different mp4 file, I had the same problem with a movie that worked on my PC but not on my Xbox.

J

jo15765

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try a different mp4 file, I had the same problem with a movie that worked on my PC but not on my Xbox.
I have tried 3 - 4 diff files and same result for all of them. Thats what made me ask if I missed an update/setting etc.

S

shinda

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Do you have the optional media update?

J

jo15765

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably not. How would I check?

S

shinda

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Go to your hard drive in system settings and look at the updates.

J

jo15765

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I click on storage and choose my hard drive, i do not see an "update." I see, games and apps, profiles, demo, video, themes, gamer pictures, avatar items, system items and music 
Under system items i see:
Optional Media Update 432 KB
Optional Media Update 5MB

And a few other things

S

shinda

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Delete the 5mb file.

J

jo15765

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deleting the 5 MB file now presents this message when attempting to play any mp4 files:
Can't play this content because it may not be supported. For more info, go to www.xbox.com/support.
Status code: 69-80004005

H

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Super Moderators
Reaction score
Depending on the encoding, not all files are playable on the 360. If you use a media server such as Tversity or Servio on your computer, you can stream them to the 360 as they use on the fly transcoding to something the 360 can play.

H

HuskerHeaven

Super Moderators
Reaction score
If I recall I think I'm using free servio right now, but tversity just got a major update. Been wanting to try it out, just not pay for it.

T

TheWeekendModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plex also offers a DLNA server option that works great, then you can also install the Plex app on a ton of other devices as well. Just a thought.

J

jo15765

Enthusiast
Reaction score
H HuskerHeaven - I have Tversity up and running, but when I try to play one of the videos on my RGH I get the same error message as above...
Can't play this content because it may not be supported. For more info, go to www.xbox.com/support.
Status code: 69-80004005

H

HuskerHeaven

Super Moderators
Reaction score
Which version of tversity? The older pro versions where problematic on those certain files. Like I said, I haven't tried the latest yet either. I use servio and it works with 99% of files. Still the occasional error, butbworks most of the time.

J

jo15765

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, that is probably my case, I got one that is a few revisions behind. I'll check out servio.

J

jo15765

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well serviio is up and running on my PC and it sees my RGH IP, but the RGH does not see Servio :frown:

H

HuskerHeaven

Super Moderators
Reaction score
In the main dash media player?

Top Bottom