What's new

Planning on buying a new game

Churpse

Cotching

Churpsin hell
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, I'm bored to hell of most of my games I have, I mea I'll play them for about an hour to do a few challenges etc but I want something to spend my time.

I have the following games:
Cod 4-8
Battlefield
Skyrim
AC (all of them)
GTA 4 (plus dlc)
Dues Ex (but I've played this for about 1 hour, its boring)
Dead island

I want a game that has a pretty long story, preferably a sand box game. I was thinking of getting Dawnstar but I'm not too sure. Also on the list was to buy GTA SA again off the marketplace, I loved that game. Then I saw LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption.

I don't mind spending money, so fire away (with your opinions..)

TehTacoGuy

TehTacoGuy

The taco who is also a guy
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Just Cause 2 is very fun. Red Dead is worth getting, L.A Noire is only worth a rent from your local video store though. I bought it, and since i finished the story once, i havn't picked it up again. I might soon though.

Churpse

Cotching

Churpsin hell
Reaction score
Sin$
Try maybe Just Cause 2? Very fun.
I just looked at a video and it looks great. Is it a sandbox game? Like you can roam free (Gta for example)

Just Cause 2 is very fun. Red Dead is worth getting, L.A Noire is only worth a rent from your local video store though. I bought it, and since i finished the story once, i havn't picked it up again. I might soon though.
What is read dead like. I've tried watching lets plays but I've never understood.

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
I just looked at a video and it looks great. Is it a sandbox game? Like you can roam free (Gta for example)

What is read dead like. I've tried watching lets plays but I've never understood.
JC2... holy hell! Open-world, no restrictions from the get-go type of game. I honestly could not play it because I didn't know what to do. I was overwhelmed with how much there was and didn't know where to start.

Pretty sure there is a demo available, so you test it out for yourself.

RDR, amazing game. I've only played as far as Undead Nightmare (add-on for the game, comes with GotY edition) and just that alone is amazing. I hate GTA IV and it's a lot like it, but the Western setting makes it feel more comfortable. I just find it more appealing than the city and having your cousin call you every few minutes to go bowling. :tongue:

It can get repetitive because of the travelling, but the game is fun, no doubt. Look for the Game of the Year edition if you do end up getting it. It comes with all add-ons.

D

Deleted member 16267

Information Technician - PCMasterRace
Reaction score
Sin$
Sleeping Dogs - Open world game. Very very similar to GTA but set in Hong Kong. Also has 10x better combat system then gta. You use kungfu to kill everyone. Check out some gameplay from youtube.

VividArt

VividArt

Logo Designer
Reaction score
Sin$
Just save your money and buy, Black ops 2 When it comes out.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Darksiders 2. That is what has me busy this past week.

Churpse

Cotching

Churpsin hell
Reaction score
Sin$
JC2... holy hell! Open-world, no restrictions from the get-go type of game. I honestly could not play it because I didn't know what to do. I was overwhelmed with how much there was and didn't know where to start.

Pretty sure there is a demo available, so you test it out for yourself.

RDR, amazing game. I've only played as far as Undead Nightmare (add-on for the game, comes with GotY edition) and just that alone is amazing. I hate GTA IV and it's a lot like it, but the Western setting makes it feel more comfortable. I just find it more appealing than the city and having your cousin call you every few minutes to go bowling. :tongue:

It can get repetitive because of the travelling, but the game is fun, no doubt. Look for the Game of the Year edition if you do end up getting it. It comes with all add-ons.
Haha there was some definite pointless things in Gta! Yeah I'm definetly going to check just cause 2.

I think the western side of RDR is putting me off, it's just a genre I'm not fond of. However, there is definetly something that attracts me. I might rent it for a while.

Thanks!

Sleeping Dogs - Open world game. Very very similar to GTA but set in Hong Kong. Also has 10x better combat system then gta. You use kungfu to kill everyone. Check out some gameplay from youtube.
I literally just saw a trailer for this and then closed the tab. I'll check it out now, thanks! 
Just save your money and buy, Black ops 2 When it comes out.
I'm not really short of cash at the moment, full time summer job and no bills to pay. But I'm getting g that anyway, I just want something to carry me over till then, I guess.

VividArt

VividArt

Logo Designer
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok Yea i feel you, Just get A Cod Game with zombies - Black Ops or World at war/ Because you will always have something to do.

Churpse

Cotching

Churpsin hell
Reaction score
Sin$
with free DLC I might add!

I agree with Red Dead Redemption! Also L.A Noire is good too if you're into the noire genre.

Have you played any of the Fallout games Churpse Churpse ?
Not really, it does appeal to me, I heard its similar to oblivion however I'm not a fan of the mutant/alien theme. Im not sure why, and that's why Halo doesn't appeal to me either

Top Bottom
Login
Register