What's new

Tutorial PKMNGO FAQ Bans/Bots/Methods (Check here before asking a question!)

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I noticed a lot of people seem to be asking very simple and easily answered questions. So I've started a simple FAQ, to check before you ask what would been deemed as a 'dumb,' or 'stupid' question.

Also, understand I, or Se7enSins is in no way responsible for your actions, or how you choose to use this information. This is posted for Educational purposes only. You are responsible for how you use what is gathered from this post, and this site.

Warning (Must Read):
They seem to have begun banning accounts. It is advised that you do not attempt to bot on your main accounts for any reason whatsoever. More human like bots are in development, but many bot creators have received their cease and desist letters/emails/contact. It's not the end of botting, just the beginning of the underground. Check 'Do they Ban Accounts' for a link to the thread discussion. Many bots are also being shut down or willingly closing their doors/disabling their bots. Will do my best to keep this as up to date as possible.

New Ban Types/Parameters:
Info on the new ban types

Pokestop ban:
- Occurs when you search roughly 2k pokestops in a 23 hour timespan.

Pokemon ban:
- Occurs when you catch 1k pokemon in a 23 hour timespan.
- Potential bypass by throwing missing pokeballs 15-30 times. (not confirmed)

Both of these bans have the potential of being lifted every hour. If amount of pokemon and pokestops visited is below threshold then you will be unbanned. If you go above that threshold, you'll be banned again.

What Flags an account for being banned?
1. Device Information: All bots are using the same handful of devices. Meaning everyone is online from the exact same phones at once. MAJOR red flag.
2. Pokemon Sniping/Teleporting: Running all over the world in seconds, not a good idea.
3. Action timing: Most bots space encounters out by a second, maybe 2. This is NOT good, as simply throwing a ball and waiting for it to shake 3 times is at least 5 seconds right there. Catching 5 Pokemon in 5 seconds is inhuman, and only a bot can do that.
4. Location/Movement accuracy: If your altitude stays at the exact same rate even when walking in an area with hills, this isn't possible, and most bots default at 10 altitude, meaning its extremely inaccurate. Running speeds exceeding 15km/hr when your not accurately on a bike path also will result in inhuman actions.
5. Player Reports: There have been high level LEGITIMATE players being temporarily banned simply because they got reported from leaving a high level CP Pokemon in a gym. They're investigated and usually unbanned in 3 days time, but that's still a way to get reported.

Do they ban accounts?:
It would appear the ban wave HAS begun, discuss the rumors here:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/niantic-ban-wave-rumor-mega-thread.1550540/

Have more info? Write a message on my profile!

How to know if you are IP banned:
Your bot keeps saying there are no pokestops, when there are Pokestops there. Verify this by
opening the game on your phone while connected to your wifi, if the Pokestops you can
normally see are gone, your IP banned.

Discuss the rumors here:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/niantic-ban-wave-rumor-mega-thread.1550540/

Have more info on this? Write a message on my profile!

How to know if your Soft-Banned:
All Pokemon flee instantly after one ball, and Pokestops just spin. Necro, and the
PokemonGoRocket both have methods to remove a Soft-Ban once detected.

Discuss the rumors here:

How to fix an IP Ban:
Method one is from user: FOV
Located in this thread: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/tutorial-ip-banned-heres-your-solution.1548353/

Discuss the rumors here:

IP Ban Haxton Fix:

Changing your IP Address Methods:
Unplug your modem and all your routers for 30 minutes. 35 to be safe, plug it all back in,
and you should have a new IP. If not, call your ISP to make changes to your account so you
CAN do this in the future.

What gets you IP Banned?:
Now this area is still gray, but from my own personal observation supported by various
members of the community, we have a few things:

1. The auto sniper bot
2. Running more than one bot
3. Running one bot at too extreme of a setting.
4. Teleporting your account via bot across the world too often (sniping)
5. Lack of accurate Altitude
6. Running straight through buildings in Bot-Like patterns
7. Inhuman speed while moving

Discuss the rumors here:

Most Popular Stable Bots:

Official Bot Support Thread:

Other useful Threads:

Edit Log:
Edit (OtakuSe7eN 8/12/2016): Added Disclaimer due to awkward lawsuits of the Murican way.
Edit (OtakuSe7eN 8/12/2016): Including Ban Wave Rumor Mega-Thread under all Ban Sections
Edit (OtakuSe7eN 8/12/2016): Included Necro Bypass underneath Original Necro Link, and in Other Useful Threads.
Edit (OtakuSe7eN 8/12/2016): Added Warning
Edit (OtakuSe7eN 8/14/2016): Updated Bots Status
Edit (OtakuSe7eN 8/15/2016): Added new ban information provided by user: Dani
Edit (OtakuSe7eN 8/22/2016): Added new Ban Parameters
Edit (OtakuSe7eN 8/26/2016): Added new bot 'Turing'
Edit (OtakuSe7eN 9/31/2016): Added Bot 'New necro,' changed Pokemon Go Bot C#, added 'Catch'em All' bot, added 'account checker.'

I will keep this as up to date as I can, if you have questions, ask them here.

Last edited:

Dini

merged
Retired
Reaction score
Info on the new ban types

Pokestop ban:
- Occurs when you search roughly 2k pokestops in a 23 hour timespan.

Pokemon ban:
- Occurs when you catch 1k pokemon in a 23 hour timespan.
- Potential bypass by throwing missing pokeballs 15-30 times. (not confirmed)

Both of these bans have the potential of being lifted every hour. If amount of pokemon and pokestops visited is below threshold then you will be unbanned. If you go above that threshold, you'll be banned again.

Pokeman4307

Reaction score
Hi I’m pokeman4307 check out my first post you will love it trust me talk to me after checking thanks

Top Bottom