What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Pico Flasher not recognized by J-Runner

S

Stainless5457

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello all! I appreciate any advice you can provide.

First off, I'm new to RGH3 and 360 modding overall, so it is entirely possible I'm doing something wrong. I completed my RGH3 wiring, and connected my pico which I flashed with v3 of pico flasher, however J-Runner does not see it when connected via USB.

I thought perhaps the issue was a short on the pico leads due to a poor solder point, so I removed all leads and have a clean, unattached, pico. Even still it is not recognized.

I found this thread (forum not letting me post proper links yet as I'm too new: /forums/threads/pico-flasher-not-recognized-not-showing-up-in-j-runner.1836587/) that sounds like a similar issue, and the problem was a bad pico board. How can I validate if that is the case for me? Is my test where my bare pico was undetected enough to confirm my board is bad or should I be trying something else?

Thank you!

Edit: I'm more confident now this is an issue with my pico. After maybe 2 dozen plug/unplug cycles I got the pico to be recognized by J-Runner. I also noticed a slight bend on the board itself that likely happened during shipping. I bought this board from an ebay sell that shipped in a standard letter envelope. I guess that is what I get for trying to save a few dollars. I've now bought 2 more boards from Adafruit which I assume will be shipped more carefully. At least one of the new boards I assume will work when they eventually arrive.

Last edited:
O

oldNewXboxGuy

Reaction score
Sin$
If you have a different pc/notebook and experience the same problems it would be a good indicator that the pico is damaged.

S

Stainless5457

Reaction score
Sin$
New Pico arrived today. I've confirmed after flashing it that it appears in J-Runner without issue. Comparing the eBay pico to the Adafruit one, they are different green colors and the eBay one is missing the QR code on the back. I think the eBay one is an unofficial clone even though it has the Raspberry logo and looks very similar. Yet another reason to buy from a trusted seller.

Top Bottom
Login
Register