What's new

Solved Picked up a console for $10, dvd drive needs work.

• Thread starter Nitrozity74
  • Start date
  • Views 200
N

Nitrozity74

Reaction score
So after searching on offerup i found a console going for $10. (Jasper mobo, LiteOn drive) How could u go wrong? The lady said there wasn’t anything wrong with it, but i then found out once i powered it up the dvd drive was stuck closed. No biggie, fixed that issue. As i still have the dvd drive out, I put a disc in to test it and put the magnet on top. Turns out the spindle hub was not spinning or trying to spin whatsoever. Nor was the laser on. The hub was sturdy, not loose or anything and i was able to spin it by hand very freely.. Just confused on whether the spindle hub is bad or not. Dont want to waste money on stuff that it doesn’t need. Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

K

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
So after searching on offerup i found a console going for $10. (Jasper mobo, LiteOn drive) How could u go wrong? The lady said there wasn’t anything wrong with it, but i then found out once i powered it up the dvd drive was stuck closed. No biggie, fixed that issue. As i still have the dvd drive out, I put a disc in to test it and put the magnet on top. Turns out the spindle hub was not spinning or trying to spin whatsoever. Nor was the laser on. The hub was sturdy, not loose or anything and i was able to spin it by hand very freely.. Just confused on whether the spindle hub is bad or not. Dont want to waste money on stuff that it doesn’t need. Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!
Does The Laser Get Any Power At all?

G

Gonzo

Live In The Moment, No Future
Reaction score
you can buy an xbox 360 disc drive (any type) and as long as its RGH not JTAG, you can flash TX Fuzion devkit nand to it and pair dvd drive without jungle flasher and all that nonsense

Top Bottom