Solved Philips lite-on flashing help...

• Thread starter scarhextendedma
  • Start date
  • Views 1,176
S

scarhextendedma

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys, new to the forums so apologies if this is in the wrong place.
I am trying to flash my philips lite-on for the original (phat) xbox 360 and i am having some issues. First of all, the many different tutorials I have read all seem to have slightly different methods. I am using a windows 7 32bit desktop for the flashing, the main problem is that whenever i try to get the key it comes up with an error saying "serial data is bad" or something along those lines. Since I made the probe myself with a tutorial i assumed it was an error on my part, but after rebuilding it really precisley i still get this same error message.
Could someone please help me with like a list or somthing of everything that you need software-wise. Drivers, programs etc.

Thanks very much to anyone who can help :smile:

Hope

Hope

~Big Face Hundreds~
Experienced Veteran Stickied Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys, new to the forums so apologies if this is in the wrong place.
I am trying to flash my philips lite-on for the original (phat) xbox 360 and i am having some issues. First of all, the many different tutorials I have read all seem to have slightly different methods. I am using a windows 7 32bit desktop for the flashing, the main problem is that whenever i try to get the key it comes up with an error saying "serial data is bad" or something along those lines. Since I made the probe myself with a tutorial i assumed it was an error on my part, but after rebuilding it really precisley i still get this same error message.
Could someone please help me with like a list or somthing of everything that you need software-wise. Drivers, programs etc.

Thanks very much to anyone who can help :smile:
It's either an error with the probe, or your clicking on the wrong thing. Make sure you have Jungle Flasher 1.84. I don't know what your using but you only need drivers for the X360USB.

S

scarhextendedma

Reaction score
Sin$
It's either an error with the probe, or your clicking on the wrong thing. Make sure you have Jungle Flasher 1.84. I don't know what your using but you only need drivers for the X360USB.
Thanks for the quick reply, but I just remembered something that I forgot to mention.
Basically, JungleFlasher loaded up fine with no errors or anything and the only problem was the "Serial data bad" error. Then I thought the issue might be with the drivers so I looked up how to manually install PortIO32 which I then proceeded to install, which worked fine. From then on, when I tried to load JungleFlasher it comes up with an error on start-up saying that it is "unable to install portio32.sys - make sure to run as administrator!", when it then loads up it is unable to detect any of the drives...
I take it that its a lot harder to do this with Windows 7 :S Do you know the exact things that Windows 7 needs to do this?

Thanks! :biggrin:

Hope

Hope

~Big Face Hundreds~
Experienced Veteran Stickied Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the quick reply, but I just remembered something that I forgot to mention.
Basically, JungleFlasher loaded up fine with no errors or anything and the only problem was the "Serial data bad" error. Then I thought the issue might be with the drivers so I looked up how to manually install PortIO32 which I then proceeded to install, which worked fine. From then on, when I tried to load JungleFlasher it comes up with an error on start-up saying that it is "unable to install portio32.sys - make sure to run as administrator!", when it then loads up it is unable to detect any of the drives...
I take it that its a lot harder to do this with Windows 7 :S Do you know the exact things that Windows 7 needs to do this?

I'm running Vista <_< I'm sure you can find it somewhere around in the forums. Try going to Xbox 360 Tutorials and then Firmware Hacks.

L

Lullz

Reaction score
Sin$

Make sure you have Junglefasher 1.84.. If not get it HERE
You need to right click and run JungleFlasher as Administrator for it to work. You also don't need to manually install Portio32 anymore. When you open JungleFlasher look in the log at the bottom, it will say something like "portio32.sys Driver Started, thanks Schtrom"

Try it again after running as administrator and see if you have the same problem.

Top Bottom
Login
Register