Unsolved Performance Issues

• Thread starter Mister Whiskers
  • Start date
  • Views 170
M

Mister Whiskers

Meow and stuff...
Reaction score
Some games I play will play for a short amount of time before they crash completely. I believe its because of my RAM but I could be wrong.
Also if I play rocket league the graphics are a bit blurry which shouldn't be the case with my pc and when I play with a controller (xbox) online I get short frame lag randomly but it doesn't do this with keyboard and mouse.
Specs: If someone needs different info let me know and I will try to get them up soon.

Operating System
  1. Windows
H

HumphreyMax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8 GB of RAM is a bit low for games these days but if you run out, your storage drive, whatever it may be (HDD or SSD) ends up getting used as virtual memory slowing things down a bit. Are there any crash logs from games? Is it from all games? Do you have an anti-virus that is up to date? Drivers up to date? Does the computer itself slow down over time as well?

M

Mister Whiskers

Meow and stuff...
Reaction score
8 GB of RAM is a bit low for games these days but if you run out, your storage drive, whatever it may be (HDD or SSD) ends up getting used as virtual memory slowing things down a bit. Are there any crash logs from games? Is it from all games? Do you have an anti-virus that is up to date? Drivers up to date? Does the computer itself slow down over time as well?
I figured as much on the RAM. The games dont give me any crash logs although Rust said something about not having enough RAM. My recording software will crash as well or simply stop recording in general. My antivirus is up to date and I believe everything else is up to date. Yeah the whole PC itself slows down as well.

H

HumphreyMax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the syslogs in Windows Event Viewer to see if anything strange is happening. If you are getting out of RAM issues, that will cause what you are experiencing. Run task manager with everything your normally have open and check RAM usage in real time.

M

Mister Whiskers

Meow and stuff...
Reaction score
Check the syslogs in Windows Event Viewer to see if anything strange is happening. If you are getting out of RAM issues, that will cause what you are experiencing. Run task manager with everything your normally have open and check RAM usage in real time.
Nothing strange in the syslogs and even though I am just sitting here on se7ensins and youtube with steam open and my video recording software open im at 39-40% on memory

H

HumphreyMax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Web browsers will soak up a lot of RAM if you only have 8 GB its going to look like that. I'd assume it's a RAM problem without personally seeing the issue happen. The only other thing I can suggest is a backup of all your data and a reformat to see if its some sort of weird driver problem. I had an issue months ago with the NVIDIA driver update that uses the GeForce Experience program to update and it would lag games bad.

As far as the controller lagging and not keyboard/mouse, I'd almost bet its a driver problem since its specific to the device. You could check by playing with a controller and alt+tabbing out and manually deleting the driver mid-game and going to keyboard/mouse. I would almost bet it goes away.

J

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
Sorry if it's been asked before, what GPU are you using?

Top Bottom