• Views 7,667
Status
Not open for further replies.
O131213N

O131213N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically it's like Bungie is saying "If you play too much of our game, we'll ban you!" Bungie really needs to tweak the banhammer. I shouldn't have to be in fear ever game I play.

H

himylilpwny

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically it's like Bungie is saying "If you play too much of our game, we'll ban you!" Bungie really needs to tweak the banhammer. I shouldn't have to be in fear ever game I play.
If you get banned, just post on Bungie forums. It is ridiculous to ban you for playing the game... :blink:

S

slicked9778

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

lol, no.

I've never read anything like that by them, I don't think they'd be like "We don't want you to play our game too much, we hate people playing our stuffs".

Wiz

Wiz

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol they cant ban you for playing too much ? :blink:

em for mikey

em for mikey

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
They can and will ban you for abusing this one! you can play it a few times but i would suggest taking like an hour break between each time you play it :smile:

Blaze

Blaze

In your mind
VIP
Retired
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
That's ridiculous seriously

Dog

Dog

Seasoned Member
Legendary Veteran 7th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe we should all play it 24/7 and when they ban us we can be liek "the f*** man we just playin teh gaem"

Empty Gaming

Empty Gaming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They won't ban you for this, who ever is saying they will is just a lair. I have 100+ games played of it so far in a row. And i haven't been banned yet. O.o

T

thugnasty101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They won't ban you for this, who ever is saying they will is just a lair. I have 100+ games played of it so far in a row. And i haven't been banned yet. O.o
Keep pushing your luck. See what happens.

And they will ban you because theres only 1 reason your really playing that game type over and over...

Unlovable Panda

Unlovable Panda

A zonkey
Reaction score
Sin$
im asking around on b.net heres the forum topic http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=49177552&viewreplies=true#end

G

GoldenBolt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, the doubters are ridiculous. My friend prestiged on the 2nd day after MW2's release and he got a 2 week ban... just for getting it super fast. I've had my Halo 3 ranked matchmaking frozen for getting 1st place in over 30 Lone Wolves games straight (what's funny is that whole time I was 49, never went up to 50. I win 5 games straight on a secondary account and I get a 50). Yeah, these game developers and M$ are insane with these sorts of things. I don't see why this surprises anyone.

To the OP, I hope you can get your account unbanned because that is some royal bulls***.

P

Priceless

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, the doubters are ridiculous. My friend prestiged on the 2nd day after MW2's release and he got a 2 week ban... just for getting it super fast. I've had my Halo 3 ranked matchmaking frozen for getting 1st place in over 30 Lone Wolves games straight (what's funny is that whole time I was 49, never went up to 50. I win 5 games straight on a secondary account and I get a 50). Yeah, these game developers and M$ are insane with these sorts of things. I don't see why this surprises anyone.

To the OP, I hope you can get your account unbanned because that is some royal bulls***.

You won't get a level 50 in lone wolves after 5 games....

OP: I've been reading all over bungie.net forums and there is no reason you would get banned for playing it. Your not exploiting the game, your not CR hexing or even resetting your daily challenges. If you play the game legit your bungie.net account will track all your games so you have proof to backup anything that you do.

Adv

Adv

GTA Guru
Premium
Forum Addict Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Keep pushing your luck. See what happens.

And they will ban you because theres only 1 reason your really playing that game type over and over...
To have fun? I mean atleast for me, that is why I play games...to have fun. When playing the game early I found it incredibly fun to turn on unlim ammo, invincibility, and go to town in Gruntpocalypse. Idk, maybe I'm in the minority of people having fun when they can't die and have unlimited ammo ...

E

ebroz620

Reaction score
Sin$
the rumor of gruntpocalypse ban is def true. a bungie employee on the forums said something like: " playing gruntpocalypse over and over is exploiting the game, taking away from the experience of players who are working hard to earn credits."
^^ not an exact quote but very close to it.

tick72

tick72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you cant get banned for playing legit. it just doesnt happen. NUF SED

ryokea

ryokea

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
the rumor of gruntpocalypse ban is def true. a bungie employee on the forums said something like: " playing gruntpocalypse over and over is exploiting the game, taking away from the experience of players who are working hard to earn credits."
^^ not an exact quote but very close to it.
The quote I believe you are trying to remember said that playing Gruntpocalypse to kill grunts is fine, but exploiting by modding or abusing a glitch would result in a ban. That's what I'm going off of since I have yet to see a banhammer swing my way during my mad quest to get 200K for Birthday Party armor effect.

Unrelated note, the armor effect makes dying a little less painful since the novelty hasn't worn off yet.

Asphyxia

Asphyxia

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, seriously whoever thinks this is retarded. Until I see some legitimate proof, I will believe otherwise. Why would Bungie be dishing out bans for people playing a gametype that they ALLOW players to keep playing over and over again. If it was an issue they would either make it so you can only play it x amount of times a day or just reduce the amount of cR you get from the gametype. It's that simple. They won't ban people for something that's their fault.

iLegend

iLegend

Asian Hunny Enthusiast
Retired
Experienced Veteran MotM Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Let me get this whole situation straight to everyone.
The person that got 'banned' is experiencing what is called a Credit Cap.
Once you reach 192,000 credits then you cannot earn any more credits until the end of the week.
So don't stress about playing Gruntpocalypse, though you'll reach your Credit Cap if you do the method too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register