• Views 7,669
Status
Not open for further replies.
Asphyxia

Asphyxia

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Let me get this whole situation straight to everyone.
The person that got 'banned' is experiencing what is called a Credit Cap.
Once you reach 192,000 credits then you cannot earn any more credits until the end of the week.
So don't stress about playing Gruntpocalypse, though you'll reach your Credit Cap if you do the method too much.
Thank you! +rep for you

P

Priceless

Reaction score
Sin$
The only bans I've seen people get are from either:

* Reseting your daily challenges to much in a day.
* Doing the offline credit glitch then taking them online.

Thats because your "Exploiting" the game and making it unfair on other players, I don't see how playing a gametype that Bungie have put in there system would count as "Exploiting" or even "Cheating" to get CR when they allowed it to be obtain so easly.

J

jJaby

Reaction score
Sin$
im asking around on b.net heres the forum topic http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=49177552&viewreplies=true#end

lol bungieheads are dumb...

"whaaaat? you can get that much in one game?"

...uhhh obvs

Mikey

Mikey

Experienced Member
Bright Idea Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
You know what you did wrong. Stop complaining.

Terms

Terms

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
You know what you did wrong. Stop complaining.
Stop complaining for playing a favorite game type my a** I would get mad if they so called ban people for doing that but there is no proof of anyone getting banned or credit banned for boosting in that game type.

T

TalkOfSweden

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You wont get banned for playing on a playlist that Bungie them self put in the game..........

J

Just The Tip

Reaction score
Sin$
They can and will ban you for abusing this one! you can play it a few times but i would suggest taking like an hour break between each time you play it :smile:
they will not ban you for just playing the game. I have a friend who has been playing gruntpocalyps since the game came out and he is already a Lt. Coronal grade 1. He has not been banned because he has not done the challenge reset glitch. I'm sure that you were reset for doing the glitch, as I was also. Lesson learned. Don't do the challenge reset glitch ever.

R

Adamm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They can and will ban you for abusing this one! you can play it a few times but i would suggest taking like an hour break between each time you play it :smile:
Wow are you being serious? You don't get banned for playing the gametype, however if you go past the cR limit the robot banhammer will reset you, but if you do go over the cR limit it's not Bungies fault because it was an automatic system that banned you.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Let me get this whole situation straight to everyone.
The person that got 'banned' is experiencing what is called a Credit Cap.
Once you reach 192,000 credits then you cannot earn any more credits until the end of the week.
So don't stress about playing Gruntpocalypse, though you'll reach your Credit Cap if you do the method too much.
There..

After reading this whole thread and then reading the other on Bungie that the one guy posted, this is what make sense. They can't ban you for playing their game type. If you have not broken any rules, done any glitching or modding then you are fine. BUT, sense their is a cap lock on it and if people go past it of course the automatic ban hammer would take place.. Plus. 100,000 cR a week is perfectly fine..

xMac

xMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Surely you cant ban someone for playing legitimately.

If they do then somethings f***ed up -_________-

T

The Ghost316

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
for gods sake people...

I've had it with this stupid freaking rumor, its on every damn forum I go on...

YOU CAN NOT GET BANNED FOR PLAYING GRUNTPOCOLYPS LEGITIMATELY!!!!! you can only get banned for exploiting the game like the chalenge reset thing...

read this thread on bungie.net about the 10th post it comes straight from bungie's mouth...

zLiquidSnake

zLiquidSnake

Reaction score
Sin$
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=49181511&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=1

People are getting credit locked, rarely banned for playing too much. That thread is a guy that played grunt apocalypse for 12 hours straight and got capped early so he didn't get credits for a lot of the time he played. If you play too much they cap or ban you.

em for mikey

em for mikey

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
they will not ban you for just playing the game. I have a friend who has been playing gruntpocalyps since the game came out and he is already a Lt. Coronal grade 1. He has not been banned because he has not done the challenge reset glitch. I'm sure that you were reset for doing the glitch, as I was also. Lesson learned. Don't do the challenge reset glitch ever.
Actually they have banned 3 of my friends so dont act like you know everything Ktnx bai.

Dwack

Dwack

Now employed at Dominoes!
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Come on guys..straight from the source:::

ferrex said:
Hi folks,

I haven't read the entire thread (sorry!), but I want to make clear that you won't be banned for playing Gruntpocalypse.
If you play nothing else, that's still cool with us. The same holds for any gametype we put in Matchmaking.

The cheat we are banning for involves resetting Daily Challenges. Gruntpocalypse just happens to be a good place to do those Challenges.
Totally separate issue.

As far as whether or not Gruntpocalypse is giving too many credits (it IS pretty rich in Commendations), we're looking at that.

Cheers,
Your friendly neighborhood Banhammer rep.

Bottom of the page

Cryous

Cryous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
my friends play it for the ranks, i play it for the fun and some challenge

J

Just The Tip

Reaction score
Sin$
Actually they have banned 3 of my friends so dont act like you know everything Ktnx bai.
Your friends are lying to you then. you will not be rest for just playing the game. Reed the posts on bungie.net straight from bungie. you will not be banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register