What's new

Discussion PCI 2.0 x16/x8/x4/8?

Calamity

Calamity

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Ya Ya I know 400 threads in the past month in the computer forum, but..

I have this motherboard picked out to purchase (yes with an i7 Processor). It has all I need, but the thing I'm worried about is the PCI SLI Slots.

I am currently running two GTX 280s, not in sli, one is used for a 22", and the other is used for two 19"s (the 22" is used for gaming).

The motherboard I'm about to purchase says "3-Way Sli" but on the specs it shows the PCI Express 2.0 as x16/x8/x4/x8 (there are 4 yes), I know I would be fine running the 22", but how would the 19"s be? Not sure of exactly what those are, and how much it affects computer graphics (which I doubt much at all being I'm not gaming on them).

The Motherboard:
Newegg.com - EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX X58 SLI LE Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

T

TuBbY BuNnY

Contributor
Reaction score
between x8 and x16 is not a noticeable difference unless you run a lot of benchmarks and synthetic tests

Calamity

Calamity

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
TuBbY BuNnY said:
between x8 and x16 is not a noticeable difference unless you run a lot of benchmarks and synthetic tests

Thanks, I was reading on google, much as I found it does make some difference if it's a GTX+ (which is in my case), but the one I would be using for gaming is in a x16 slot, and the other two wouldn't matter if they weren't used for gaming.

T

TuBbY BuNnY

Contributor
Reaction score
Only people who benchmark QQ about wanted x16-x16x-x16 when running CFX, or Tri-SLI

Top Bottom