Solved [PC] Why do i find keyboard and mouse so hard to use?

Discussion in 'Fortnite' started by Evor, Mar 6, 2018 with 9 replies and 2,064 views.

1. Evor

Evor Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I Just can't seem to get the hang of keyboard and mouse. I came from console where it is easy to use the xbox controller I just can't seem to get used to the idea of keyboard and mouse. Is there anything I can do to make easy for me to get the hang of keyboard and mouse.

2. Skepta

Skepta Microphone Champion Super Moderators

Ratings:
    Personally I'd say fornite has quite complex controls for a shooter, I'd recommend getting cs:go and practicing on that at first till you get the hang of using a mouse to shoot then go onto more complex games.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Evor

Evor Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks, i will give that a go.

4. 420Kyle

420Kyle Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Look into an advanced gaming mouce with buttons on the side will help with building and change gun switch the wheel spin
    [doublepost=1520369554][/doublepost]
    So you only need to use keyboard for movement

• Like Like x 1
  5. Venom Customs

Venom Customs Newbie

Ratings:
    I sucked with keyboard and mouse for months, only started getting better recently. Just practice, you'll eventually kick ***.

6. decima7e

decima7e Contributor

Ratings:
    I'm trying to learn keyboard and mouse, it's tough cause of the build system but set the bindings the way you like it and stick with it. Eventually it will be in your muscle memory.

7. Fogel

Fogel Call Me Mclovin!

Ratings:
    I am not too good at it either. But you’ll learn just like you learned to use the controller. It will become second nature eventually. And you’ll do so much better then with a controller

8. lLoui2

lLoui2 Newbie

Ratings:
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but... (note: KB + M = Keyboard & Mouse)
    When using controller, aim assist is ENABLED.
    When using KB+M, aim assist is DISABLED.
    It actually does get literally harder to aim when using KB+M due to lack of aim assist.

I've played on PS4 using a KB + M via third party devices (translates KB+M input into controller input), it's way easier to aim that it feels like an advantage over controller users.

Then on the PC with only KB + M, aim assist is gone and aiming feels way harder. Like wise, doing the same thing I did for the PS4 (translating KB+M input to controller input), the aiming on KB+M gets easier because aim assist is enabled.

My point is, there is a software difference when using controller vs KB+M. Controller gets the option of aim assist and KB+M does not.
    Additionally, I don't think it's fair for KB+M to have aim assist and I think Epic Games know this.

9. Wavy

Wavy I like to stream on Twitch Retired

Ratings:
    I played COD on Xbox all my life, switched to KB and Mouse about a year and a half ago. It took some time, but a lot of practice is all that is needed. H1Z1 is free to play right now, while obviously not Fortnite, they have combat practice which is extremely ideal for getting used to aiming with mouse, using keyboard for movement and weapon switches, and such. That, or a CS:GO bot and aim training. Hopefully Fortnite adds a similar warm-up kind of thing at some point. Would be cool.

10. Puffalumps123

Puffalumps123 Newbie

Ratings:
    ight u just gotta play more bro, ive played pc shootoers for like 4 years and by now its just in my systtem, u will get used to it, same thing would go for me if i play console at my friends house, im shittttt. Also u can connect ur xbox controller to windows and play fortnite on pc witht he controller if u want, or look at the windows xbox controller on ebgames or something. i wouldnt prefer using controller cuz keyboard is very fast for building when getting good but up 2 u man