What's new

Solved PC transferring character but pre-order bonus?

• Thread starter pokemonns
  • Start date
  • Views 384
pokemonns

pokemonns

I AM A POKEMON!
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok firstly we all know if you pre-ordered GTA V online you get the in-game cash, but what happens when you transfer your other console profile? i asked Rockstar* and they said they didnt have information on the subject...

any ideas?

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$

He was trying to say when you complete the mission to allow for multiplayer you will be able to credit the code to your account.

However, if you have an account already from last gen, it's easy. Simply do the character transfer first, then you will have the money from your last gen. And after that, then you put the code in.

I'm 100% positive your money transfers from last gen because mine transferred when I got the X1 version from the 360. It's as simple as that.

Upvote 0
pokemonns

pokemonns

I AM A POKEMON!
Reaction score
Sin$
He was trying to say when you complete the mission to allow for multiplayer you will be able to credit the code to your account.

However, if you have an account already from last gen, it's easy. Simply do the character transfer first, then you will have the money from your last gen. And after that, then you put the code in.

I'm 100% positive your money transfers from last gen because mine transferred when I got the X1 version from the 360. It's as simple as that.

yes, but we dont have a code i didnt buy the hard copy i bought a digital copy.

so if i transfer my character, the mission i have to do doesnt happen so when do i get the million

Upvote 0
B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
yes, but we dont have a code i didnt buy the hard copy i bought a digital copy.

so if i transfer my character, the mission i have to do doesnt happen so when do i get the million

Taken directly off of gamefaqs:

"For Digital copies it'll be under the PlayStation Store section in the game's pause menu. Click on "Packs" and it'll be there for both MP and SP."

Should be the same concept for the 360 if your on that. Check the store. I believe you have to download something that will give you the money.

Upvote 0
pokemonns

pokemonns

I AM A POKEMON!
Reaction score
Sin$
Taken directly off of gamefaqs:

"For Digital copies it'll be under the PlayStation Store section in the game's pause menu. Click on "Packs" and it'll be there for both MP and SP."

Should be the same concept for the 360 if your on that. Check the store. I believe you have to download something that will give you the money.

im transferring to PC?, why would my xbox have a code?

Upvote 0
B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
im transferring to PC?, why would my xbox have a code?

Misread the title. It's more then likely the same concept for PC too. Obviously anything digitally distributed with a guarantee such as 1 million in-game currency is going to be distributed digitally as well.

Upvote 0
pokemonns

pokemonns

I AM A POKEMON!
Reaction score
Sin$
well i figured it out:

you get it automatically when you transfer the character, as it asks you before you start GTA online if you want to transfer your character, and you select yes and it will give you the preorder bonus

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register