• Thread starter SeaPancake3
  • Start date
  • Views 549
SeaPancake3

SeaPancake3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Needed a smaller build(Storm Stryker was a bit big), moved into a dorm. Will post pics tonight after class!

Specs:
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
Storage: 3tb Barracuda, 1 TB Barracuda, 128GB M.2 SSD as boot, 120gb 850 EVO for intensive games, 120gb 840 EVO for intensive games, off-brand sata controller(was one Sata port short)
Mobo: MSI Z97A Gaming 6
Memory: 16gb 1886 Corsair Vengeance Pro
CPU: Intel i7 4770K at 4.5 ghz
Cooler: Swiftech h220x
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Z
Wifi(i know i know but wired isn't an option at the moment): ASUS PCE-N53
Cooling: 2 Noctua NF-F12 for rad fans, 1 Noctua NF-P12 (salvaged from old cooler) as case fan, 2x 80mm Noctua NF-A8 HDD cooling
Periferals: Razer Mamba 2012 RGB, Corsair K70RGB (red switches), Logitech g430 Headset
and the centerpiece... GPU: MSI Gaming 980ti LE at 1.4ghz boost (hits 1.5 under load)

Full Album: Click here.
Parts List: Click here.
Setup:
UoMldA6.jpg

Case:
jTUnCc1.jpg
TYlb7x9.jpg
986UdaH.jpg
sRMRpDT.jpg

Internal:
IfLqLvr.jpg

TIP2u5f.jpg
Kia3I1V.jpg
7AEnqLT.jpg

GPU:
u0nzb7y.jpg

Rat's Nest:
bL3ZUpq.jpg
v7ICdVc.jpg

p.s. I know my cable management is trash but it's all hidden under my rad and MOBO tray so it's okay!

Last edited:
SeaPancake3

SeaPancake3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Pics are up! Helping my roommate build his rig soon in a Define R5, i5 6600k, 980ti reference, should be sweet! I'll try and talk him into making a thread.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I looked at the pictures for like 5minutes until I realized that the GPu was at the bottom. I was like... that(the other 2 things plugged into the PCIe lanes) doesnt look like a 980ti wtf is this. And I finally see the beast lol. I thought the GPU was part of the case for some reason.

Jeeper

Jeeper

Jeeper of Rivia
Seasoned Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I looked at the pictures for like 5minutes until I realized that the GPu was at the bottom. I was like... that(the other 2 things plugged into the PCIe lanes) doesnt look like a 980ti wtf is this. And I finally see the beast lol. I thought the GPU was part of the case for some reason.
Me too haha. What are the two things in the slots?

Soldier

Soldier

Reporting for duty, sir!
Legendary Veteran Free Hoster Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it just me or does that card look like its sagging like a mofo.

SeaPancake3

SeaPancake3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The GPU looks a bit strange in the bottom slot, yeah. Only one row of the IO is accessible from the back of the case since I have 7 slots not 8. Nothing I can do about it til I get a new cooler, card's too long to use in the right slot with a rad there. Also the backplate's being pushed down a bit by the rad, that's why it looks like it's sagging, but there's no flex in the PCB, so it's all good.

Top Bottom
Login
Register